97 Accord Coupe Inner fenders - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-10-2011, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

97 Accord Coupe Inner fenders

We recently picked up a nice little Accord coupe for our daugher. When we got it, I noticed that the inner fender (plasting liner) was missing from the passenger side. I know the fenders and all are original as they still have the HONDA vehicle i.d. numbers on them. I just had someone replace the timing belt and H2O pump and on the way home lost the inner fender from the drivers side. Scared the bejeesus out of me, but didn't appear to harm anything. Are there problems with these plastic liners or something on this year model? Can I get replacements for a car this old? If so, could anyone here recommend a good source.

post #2 of 2 Old 04-10-2011, 04:58 PM

I think your best bet would be to try and source them from a junkyard since there's a good chance they've either discontinued production of them, or they're rare which would = $$$.

Depending on where you live I would definitely give the local junkyards a call and see if they have 'em on hand, if they have a 97 model year Accord then you could get extra parts for it as well! Who knows.

As for them falling off, it's more than likely just the result of age. Generally they're only held on by plastic snaps, or screws/bolts and since the plastic fender liner is plastic, the plastic wears and then they just get pulled off :/

Good luck! In the mean time don't drive through any puddles since your engine is exposed to the wheel well >_<

12/06-04/08 '93 Sentra SE cpe
08/07-02/10 '98 Accord EX-V6 cpe
07/08-05/09 '91 Festiva
3/10-Current '03 Accord EXNV-V6 cpe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.