Transmission Shot or Sensor? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-23-2009, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Question Transmission Shot or Sensor?

Hey everyone, having a problem with my transmission as of late and found this site for some good help, but haven't found the exact answer to what is happening to my 97 Honda Accord SE 4 cyl.

About 3 days ago I felt my tranny slipping a little bit, and by last night it was slipping big time. My first thought was I'm going to need to rebuild it, which I bet I still will need to do. I looked up the rebuild kits, used trans, etc. Today the check engine light came on, and when checking the code it came up with P0175 - Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction.

When looking this up, I saw it could be a simple fix, but if the tranny is already slipping it is going to need to be re built, this was written by a Honda employee though. First question is do you think that is correct? My second question is if I do in fact need to get a new trans, where can I get the manual on rebuilding the trans.

Any help is much appreciated.

Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-24-2009, 06:17 AM
ready to go....

Send a message via AIM to princess
Are you sure that's the right code? I get nothing for your year & that code.... I also get nothing for Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit.

If you think a new sensor might fix it, then why not replace it?

Here's an article that may be of interest.

There's absolutely no way to know what's going on with the tranny without it actually being diagnosed. Simple or complicated, since there's about 100 different things that can cause this.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf jan 00.pdf (149.3 KB, 1646 views)
post #3 of 4 Old 10-24-2009, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

I'm sorry, I wrote it wrong, the code is P0715 - problem in mainshaft speed sensor circuit. When I looked it up it said most likely the transmission would need to be rebuilt as well.

post #4 of 4 Old 10-24-2009, 04:43 PM
ready to go....

Send a message via AIM to princess
here's info on that code....

By the way...is you screen name because you have "link" in your name? Just wondering because I always thought my dad was the missing Link!! He looked like a cross between Clark Gable & a monkey!! His name was Link!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf p0715 flow chart.pdf (75.7 KB, 1298 views)
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.