Better headlights in a 1996? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 05-24-2008, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Better headlights in a 1996?

I just picked up a 1996 accord lx. The dims seem kind of poor. Any suggestions on better lights?

gg

Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-24-2008, 11:56 AM
banned

Send a message via AIM to Accordlover
Sylvania Silverstars. They burn out rather quick though. I went back to OEM lights due to that.

Replacing my 10yr old headlight bulbs with new regular headlight bulbs made a huge difference alone. Either way, I think the 5th gen has crummy headlights.

post #3 of 8 Old 05-27-2008, 09:21 AM
1st Gear

on my accord a bought hids 8000k looks alot clearer then factory then i put yellow hids for my brights for that super clean look almost like a bmw

post #4 of 8 Old 06-18-2008, 06:50 PM
1st Gear

Send a message via Yahoo to dmata10
Who did you get the conversion kit from for the accord? I have been wanting to do a conversion on my Accord for some time and finally have the money to do so.

1997 Honda Accord LX 151,000 miles, 2.2 liter 4 cylinder, Jade Green, factory Jade Green Leather Interior, factory fog lights with PIAA bulbs, factory first aid kit, factory trunk mat, Goodyear Tripletred 195/65-15 tires.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-06-2008, 05:53 PM
1st Gear

DDM Tuning!

I can't stress how great there stuff is. And they are the only brand I know of w/ a FREE lifetime warranty! However, the wiring is backwards, so you either have to splice the wires or cut the notches in the plugs to make them work. And the price has even came down more on them. I have a 5000k set in my TYC's and like them!
post #6 of 8 Old 04-13-2009, 05:32 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accordlover View Post
Sylvania Silverstars. They burn out rather quick though. I went back to OEM lights due to that.

Replacing my 10yr old headlight bulbs with new regular headlight bulbs made a huge difference alone. Either way, I think the 5th gen has crummy headlights.
Dad had silverstar ultras in his 01 accord. They looked brighter but really produce less lumens than stock bulbs. Burnt out after 6months within a few days of each other. Waste of $20.

97 Accord LX Coupe A/T 28mpg

09 Accord LX-P A/T 31mpg

Pagani Zonda - When I win the lottery and move to Europe.
post #7 of 8 Old 03-12-2010, 05:07 PM
1st Gear

If your headlights need cleaning your lights will be dim also new bulbs might help.
post #8 of 8 Old 03-12-2010, 05:48 PM

You wasted your first post on a year old thread??

2007 EX-L 4DR
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.