Fault Trunk Latch - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 03-22-2016, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
My First Post

Exclamation Fault Trunk Latch

The trunk would not open using the key, the level inside car or the remote. I accessed the trunk through the back seat. I opened the ski pass through and pulled on the plastic tab on the seat lock. I could have also used a key to unlatch the seat back. I slide into the trunk and released the latch by pushing a level in the latch mechanism. One small screw out of two had fallen out. I could not find it in the trunk so I needed a replacement. I was informed by the local Honda dealer that the screw was not available and would need to order a complete trunk latch assemble which includes the latch amd latch motor. I went to the local Fastenal dealer and purchased 10 M3-0.5 x 16 Socket Head Cap Screws in a plastic bag for about 2 and 1/2 dollars. The original was Phillips #1 and were not available separately at Honda Parts, I used two new socket head cap screws with Loctite to secure the lock motor assembly to the latch. I had to also replace the trunk lock rod retaining (Purple) snap. The trunk lock rod allows the trunk to be opened when there is no power for the latch motor or one does not want to use the inside lever.

Last edited by grizgrover; 03-22-2016 at 03:49 PM. Reason: typo
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-22-2016, 04:02 PM

Photos would help if you are posting this for future reference.

2007 EX-L 4DR
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.