1999 Accord brake replacement parts - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 07-23-2008, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
JWW
My First Post

Question 1999 Accord brake replacement parts

Hi,

It's time to replace the front brake pads and rotors on my 1999 Accord LX 2.3L 4 cyl. I'm trying to do it myself and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on a certain brand name for Accord brake parts. Any help will appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Many Accords...Many Miles

Going to be doing that swap myself some time this summer. From info here on the forum, I am going to go with Brembo Rotors and Akebono Pads. I'm hoping this will be a performance upgrade (normal driving routine) where the rotors will be more resistant to the "warp" factor.

Do a search and you'll see a fair number of posts on this subject for more background.

Welcome to the forum by the way. Good to see fellow 6th (& 7th gen) owner. Lots of helpful info here...and great folks particularly when it comes to the 6th & 7th gen stuff.

99 Accord EX Sedan 4 cyl, Black, 187K+ miles semi-retired
92 Accord LX Coupe 4 cyl, Charcoal Gray, Sold 187K miles
85 Accord LX HBack 4 cyl, Dark Gray, Sold with 198K miles
84 Accord LX HBack 4 cyl, Dark Gray, Totaled with 18K miles

08 Honda Element EX 4WD, Silver, 104k Miles
01 Isuzu Trooper 4wd V6, Gray, Traded at 125k miles
94 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4wd Ltd, V8, Taupe, Sold 148K miles
75 Jeep CJ5 4x4, Straight 6, White, Sold with ? miles
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.