Evolution or Intelligent Design? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
View Poll Results: Evolution or Intelligent Design?
Evolution 41 55.41%
Intelligent Design by a higher being 23 31.08%
Don't know don't care 10 13.51%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 08-25-2006, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Out of Control

Intelligent Design or Evolution?

Please try to refrain from commenting, because I'm not looking to start WW3, but which one do you believe in, if it matters? If this poll looks familiar, it's from DetailCity

Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 08-25-2006, 11:31 AM
6 fwd gears, no reverse

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
hunh?

are we taking about species evolving, aka darwins theory? or the fast beast made by mitsubishi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyshack
It seems the only thing folks in NYC understand is lawyers or the taleban.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 Old 08-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Carpe Diem, Carpe Viam...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwAce
hunh?

are we taking about species evolving, aka darwins theory? or the fast beast made by mitsubishi?
Wow...I'm not the only one who saw the title and thought this was about the EVO-X...(I think I need to get more sleep)

Benji I know you said no comments but I just wanted to say that I voted for evolution (assuming you meant how us humans came to be)...but being that I am catholic I feel a strong need to voice why I, personally, voted the way I did (sorry Benji and I'll keep it very very brief)...In short I believe in both (kind of)...that being that although we did evolve from however life began on this rock flying through space...I still, personally, believe that God had a hand in creating it all...the cataylst as it were, and then evolution took it from there.

If others do comment, whatever there beliefs might be it doesn't matter to me, as I feel everyone is entitled to their own opinions (even on this topic), and I've never understood why people turn this topic (and others like it) into "WWIII" as you put it...everyone has a right to what they believe imo, and its always urked me when others try to push their views onto others (catholic church included).

Benji if you do want to delete this post then do so...I just felt I had to say something if I were to vote.

radio-pro.ru Moderator -- Personal attacks against members will NOT be tolerated...
2006 Graphite Grey Accord EX-V6 6MT Coupe
MODS: HFP Suspension, AEM V2, V6P J-Pipe, TL 20mm RSB, Comptech Short Shifter, Corsport Bushings, Groundkit, HIRs, Spoiler, ClearGuard Clearbra, Splashguards, WT Floorliners, PA11-HON2, TL Keyfob
TIRES: 215/50R17 Fuzion ZRIs, 205/60R16 Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2s (on steelies)
Previous Car: 1995 White Pontiac Sunfire 5MT Coupe 410,000KM - R.I.P

post #4 of 21 Old 08-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Super Slickness...

We were all amoebas at one time.
post #5 of 21 Old 08-25-2006, 12:21 PM
Super Slickness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiBoy650
Please try to refrain from commenting
YES! HERR BENJI

I mean, why would anyone want to comment on things on a message board
post #6 of 21 Old 08-25-2006, 01:02 PM
Rule Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to stevencrosbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conundrum
Wow...I'm not the only one who saw the title and thought this was about the EVO-X...(I think I need to get more sleep)

Benji I know you said no comments but I just wanted to say that I voted for evolution (assuming you meant how us humans came to be)...but being that I am catholic I feel a strong need to voice why I, personally, voted the way I did (sorry Benji and I'll keep it very very brief)...In short I believe in both (kind of)...that being that although we did evolve from however life began on this rock flying through space...I still, personally, believe that God had a hand in creating it all...the cataylst as it were, and then evolution took it from there.

If others do comment, whatever there beliefs might be it doesn't matter to me, as I feel everyone is entitled to their own opinions (even on this topic), and I've never understood why people turn this topic (and others like it) into "WWIII" as you put it...everyone has a right to what they believe imo, and its always urked me when others try to push their views onto others (catholic church included).

Benji if you do want to delete this post then do so...I just felt I had to say something if I were to vote.

I'm not Catholic, but I have a very simlar view of life. Wow....amazing how us enthusiasts have so much in common....
post #7 of 21 Old 08-25-2006, 01:26 PM
6th Gear

>>I believe in both (kind of)...that being that although we did evolve from however life began on this rock flying through space...I still, personally, believe that God had a hand in creating it all...the cataylst as it were, and then evolution took it from there.
>>>>

>>>I'm not Catholic, but I have a very simlar view of life. Wow....amazing how us enthusiasts have so much in common>>>>>

What they said...

1990 Honda Accord LX coupe
130,XXX miles

1989 Honda Accord LX sedan
186,XXX miles

1998 Lexus GS400
170,XXX miles

1992 Cadillac Allante
70,XXX miles

2013 Kia Optima LX
8,xxx miles
post #8 of 21 Old 08-25-2006, 01:52 PM
Lost in my mind

who says that evolution is not intelligent? I mean, we still don't know the true definition of intelligence Notice, how things that seem to be random and incomprehensible at first can be very meaningful and purposeful if looked at from another angle

Accord-less
post #9 of 21 Old 08-25-2006, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Trip
If you're talking about the development of human life on this planet, I would have to say evolution. BUT - I believe evolution itself is an intelligent design. What better way to ensure the success of life than to give it the ability to change? The two are interconnected at their most basic foundations.

I believe in higher life forms but I don't think humans are any where near sophisticated enough to understand what can define sentience. For all we know, we're the equivalent of bacteria in the universe. Who is to say that the entire universe isn't a "living" entity and we were created out of some need for it much like our body developed white cells to fight off microbial attacks?

On that same note we could just be a bunch of accidents.

Either way, I'm open to anything but I always try to keep in mind we're part of a much, MUCH bigger machine.

Current: 2016 Mazda 6 GT, 1989 Prelude Si

Come & Gone: 84 Accord HB, 91 CRX Si, 89 Accord LXi, 90 Accord LX Cpe, 94 Accord EX, 95 Accord EX Cpe, 98 Accord EX, 99 A4, 03 Accord EX-L, 91 Civic RT4WD Wagon, 06 Accord EX-L NAVI, 09 Mazda 6 iGT

From The Dark Period: 01.5 Passat, 08 Accord 6-6

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 21 Old 08-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Carpe Diem, Carpe Viam...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip
If you're talking about the development of human life on this planet, I would have to say evolution. BUT - I believe evolution itself is an intelligent design. What better way to ensure the success of life than to give it the ability to change? The two are interconnected at their most basic foundations.

I believe in higher life forms but I don't think humans are any where near sophisticated enough to understand what can define sentience. For all we know, we're the equivalent of bacteria in the universe. Who is to say that the entire universe isn't a "living" entity and we were created out of some need for it much like our body developed white cells to fight off microbial attacks?

Either way, I'm open to anything but I always try to keep in mind we're part of a much, MUCH bigger machine.

Wow...that was very very well put and well said...and basically is along the lines of what I was saying as well.

radio-pro.ru Moderator -- Personal attacks against members will NOT be tolerated...
2006 Graphite Grey Accord EX-V6 6MT Coupe
MODS: HFP Suspension, AEM V2, V6P J-Pipe, TL 20mm RSB, Comptech Short Shifter, Corsport Bushings, Groundkit, HIRs, Spoiler, ClearGuard Clearbra, Splashguards, WT Floorliners, PA11-HON2, TL Keyfob
TIRES: 215/50R17 Fuzion ZRIs, 205/60R16 Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2s (on steelies)
Previous Car: 1995 White Pontiac Sunfire 5MT Coupe 410,000KM - R.I.P
post #11 of 21 Old 08-25-2006, 02:26 PM
Rule Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to stevencrosbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip

hahaha....

Sometimes I think I'm an ongoing joke...b/c someone's got to be laughing at me when they watch.....
post #12 of 21 Old 08-25-2006, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerockt
YES! HERR BENJI

I mean, why would anyone want to comment on things on a message board
Hey if you guys ever feel a need to start WW3 I'm game and you know it
post #13 of 21 Old 08-25-2006, 09:41 PM
ready to go....

Send a message via AIM to princess
Me, not comment????? Yeah, right!

I believe in the higher being starting it all, but I also believe that He set things up for change. Evolution WITHIN a species.

The "big bang" theory goes against the laws of thermodynamics..... About as possible (to me) as a volcano interupting & the rocks falling down & building a house or wall. According to science all of this is slowing down, so I've never understood how a select few things would evolve up....

My daddy looked like the "missing Link".... in fact, a picture in a 7th grade History book had a great shot of him... with a bit more hair..... I've always described him as a cross between Clark Gable & a monkey..... I'll post a picture of him when I get back. Oh & since his last name was Link...it made it even more fun!!
post #14 of 21 Old 08-26-2006, 03:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to edwilson13185 Send a message via MSN to edwilson13185
I'd have to agree with what's been said here. I'm a Christian, and I think God has a hand in everything. Whether that's actually guiding everything that happens from day to day, or just setting the course and letting it go, I'm not sure. With what I've learned about the human body in school and at work, though, it's way too complex and in too perfect of a balance to be some random product of time.

So, in short, I believe in intelligent design.

-Ed
2005 Honda Accord EX-L 2.4 5AT coupe
2008 Honda Accord EX-L 2.4 5AT sedan
post #15 of 21 Old 08-27-2006, 11:24 PM
6MT+Navi=Win!!

I believe in "intelligent design". Makes more sense to me that something created something out of nothing, than nothing creating something out of nothing. Ooh, I believe in microevolution, which is what Darwin witnessed with those birds. Don't know where in the world they came up with macroevolution (don't really care, either).

If you didn't want any comments to be made, you probably should have figured some way to lock the thread so replies couldn't be made, but so that people could vote.

'03 Sapphire Blue Pearl Accord 2dr EX V6 6MT w/Navi (90k miles) 18% tint, HFP wheels
'92 red Geo Metro LSi conv. (185k miles)
Current Hondas:
'06 Taffeta White Civic 4dr EX MT w/Navi
'97 Black Currant Pearl Odyssey EX
'86 Gold/Cream Goldwing Aspencade SE-i
Previous Hondas:
02 NBP Accord 4dr Special Edition w/gold pkg*90 HGM Accord 4dr EX MT*82 Cream Accord 4dr MT*1st Gen Accord MT*1st Gen Civic MT*2-3 bikes
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.