Evolution or Intelligent Design? - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
View Poll Results: Evolution or Intelligent Design?
Evolution 41 55.41%
Intelligent Design by a higher being 23 31.08%
Don't know don't care 10 13.51%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 21 Old 08-28-2006, 12:24 AM
Out of Control

well, the big bang theory is just that, a theory. we have no way of knowing what (or who?) created the universe and the life in it. we can hypothesize and theorize but we will never know the actual facts because we cant travel back in time and watch it happen.

i believe in evolution because it makes more sense scientifically to me. i'm not religious at all so i have a hard time believing we were created by a "higher being".

2006 BMW 330i 6MT (Alpine White/Terra)
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 Old 09-01-2006, 07:18 AM
3rd Gear

"Did you know that before we were humans, we were monkeys?"
"I don't even remember being a monkey."

----quotes from My Name is Earl LIRL

'91 Accord DX SOLD
'94 Prelude Si SOLD
'98 Accord LX SOLD
'98 Prelude Daily Driver
'07 Accord SE FAMILY FUN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Referrer: Si Speed (Admin)
post #18 of 21 Old 04-20-2014, 09:02 PM
5th Gear

Evolution it is.

2012 Toyota Avalon Limited, Magnetic Grey - Wife's Car
2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite, Alabaster Silver - Family Hauler/My daily ride
2003 Accord EXV6, 5AT Sedan- Sold

Current OEM: Moonroof Visor, Window Visors, Roof Rails, Crossbars, Body Side Moldings, Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Door-Sill Garnish, All-Weather Floor Mats, Wheel Locks
Future OEM: Remote Engine Start

"Performance modifications are not worth the hassle on an old daily ride. Buy a performance car instead " - Accord_Rules

post #19 of 21 Old 04-20-2014, 09:39 PM
1st Gear

I actually think its a little bit of both. I do believe in evolution but its difficult for the first chicken to hatch unless there were already chickens around, so I can see intelligent design too.
Lets not forget about the ancient alien theory as well...
post #20 of 21 Old 04-21-2014, 06:52 AM
5th Gear

Taking Bible as the reference point for the sake of ease on this forum, Bible is clear cut through the book of Genesis that it is creation of different flora and fauna as distinct organisms. So, for a Christian it is creation only, with no scope for Evolution.

2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite, Alabaster Silver - Family Hauler/My daily ride

Current OEM: Moonroof Visor, Window Visors, Roof Rails, Crossbars, Body Side Moldings, Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Door-Sill Garnish, All-Weather Floor Mats, Wheel Locks

"Performance modifications are not worth the hassle on an old daily ride. Buy a performance car instead " - Accord_Rules
post #21 of 21 Old 04-22-2014, 11:10 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun36 View Post
I actually think its a little bit of both. I do believe in evolution but its difficult for the first chicken to hatch unless there were already chickens around, so I can see intelligent design too.
Lets not forget about the ancient alien theory as well...
And to add to post #20:

It is not at all difficult for the first chicken to hatch when there were no chickens around. It is quite the opposite and this is a topic for Genetics. In fact, the first Chicken comes out when there are no chickens around. The seemingly unanswerable conundrum of Chick first or Hen first is a straight forward one.

Animals have two groups of cells:

1. Gametes (one chromosome for each type of chromosome)
2. Somatic Cells (one pair of chromosomes for each type of chromosome)

A baby animal comes from gametes of the parents but not from the somatic cells of the parents. During the production of gametes, the chromosomes undergo various levels of reorganization resulting in different characters in the off-spring. This is the reason why we are similar to our parents but not the same as our parents. When such reorganization is much more 'dramatic' or say a mutation, so to speak, you will have an offspring that will be quite different from the parents. So, it is a fallacy to say that for an off-spring of human or of a particular snake to come, there should be an adult human or that particular adult snake already.

Sorry OP. Couldn't resist.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.