Can you live without internet? - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
View Poll Results: Can you live without internet?
Yes 19 13.48%
No 107 75.89%
To Be Determined 15 10.64%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 27 Old 07-02-2006, 07:01 PM
3rd Gear

Send a message via AIM to fuzion
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess
stupid service was down most of yesterday too!! I have an appointment with them today, but I don't think it will do me any good. I think it's in the lines far away.....

Princess are you on DSL? Might want to look into fiber or cable in your area.. I friggin hate DSL, I will never use it again (unless it's a choice between DSL and dialup)

(01/EX/4DR/4CYL/5MT <-- I Love You!)

04 TL 6MT Nav WDP

FACT: If it's shiney, or it blinks, it will probably distract me and I won't hear anything you say.
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 Old 07-02-2006, 07:39 PM
Out of Control

actually comcast has a reputation for not being the most reliable; service outages are not uncommon. my SBC (now at&t) DSL has never gone down on me. ever. except when i canceled it last week so i could re-order as a "new customer". its back up now.

2006 BMW 330i 6MT (Alpine White/Terra)
post #18 of 27 Old 07-02-2006, 07:43 PM
3rd Gear

Send a message via AIM to fuzion
knock on wood - 2 years w/o any major outages, some late night ping spikes due to a bad router in Sacramento but I havent lost service! (gotta love new wiring in new neighborhoods!)

(01/EX/4DR/4CYL/5MT <-- I Love You!)

04 TL 6MT Nav WDP

FACT: If it's shiney, or it blinks, it will probably distract me and I won't hear anything you say.

post #19 of 27 Old 07-04-2006, 02:27 PM
6MT+Navi=Win!!

I live out in the boonies, we can't get any faster than 56k. It sucks ass.

The only positive is when the power goes out, I just make sure my battery is in the laptop, and the second phone line is plugged into the laptop and surf the net.

I wish we had DSL. Verizon sucks, GTE was so much better. Comcast is an expensive monopoly, we have satelite TV, we refuse to get cable. Comcast told us, originally, that we'd have to pay to have the cable run out to our house.

'03 Sapphire Blue Pearl Accord 2dr EX V6 6MT w/Navi (90k miles) 18% tint, HFP wheels
'92 red Geo Metro LSi conv. (185k miles)
Current Hondas:
'06 Taffeta White Civic 4dr EX MT w/Navi
'97 Black Currant Pearl Odyssey EX
'86 Gold/Cream Goldwing Aspencade SE-i
Previous Hondas:
02 NBP Accord 4dr Special Edition w/gold pkg*90 HGM Accord 4dr EX MT*82 Cream Accord 4dr MT*1st Gen Accord MT*1st Gen Civic MT*2-3 bikes
post #20 of 27 Old 01-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Trace Evidence

Send a message via Yahoo to Trace
No DA...

No emails...

No movies/music...

And bills...can't remember the last time i mailed anything everything would fall behind

Impossible!

Ol' Blue Eyes: '03 Accord Coupe EX-L
Mileage:70,1XX

Come and Gone:

'99 Saturn
'92 Chevy Blazer
post #21 of 27 Old 01-08-2008, 09:19 PM
5th Gear

Send a message via AIM to alpha
My job depends on the internet, so no I wouldn't be able to.

I may be able to go without it at home for maybe a few days..

- Mark

2006 Honda Accord EX-V6 6MT Navi Sedan
Carbon Bronze Pearl/Black
post #22 of 27 Old 07-24-2008, 03:02 PM
You can call me Jackal

Send a message via AIM to xxDaJackalxx
I would shrivel up and die. Ever see the South Park where the whole internet goes down? That would be me!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
P2R Ported Intake Runners
(*) P2R Throttle Body Spacer

Injen CAI
Magnaflow CBE
Eibach Pro-Kit Performance Springs (~1.1'')
(*) 15mm Ichiba Rear Wheel Spacers

17mm TSX Rear Sway-Bar Swap

5000k Xtreme HID Kit
(*) Complete Interior & Exterior LED Conversion
(*) HFP Aero-Spoiler Kit
(*) Peripheral PXAMG iPOD Controller
post #23 of 27 Old 09-09-2008, 07:20 PM
4th Gear

if there were no internet... what would i do at work????!!

08' Accord EX-L V6 Coupe Polished Metal Metallic
03' Accord EX I4 Alpine White
post #24 of 27 Old 03-29-2013, 08:00 AM
Four Doors/Three Pedals

I could live without the internet, as I did for the first 50+ years of my life, but I won't ever again as long as I have a choice.

Having such a vast wealth of knowledge at my fingertips has become addictive.

I used have to call the answer desks at the local libraries when I needed to know some arcane bit of information, now, of course, I have the answer in a matter of seconds either at home or out and about.

I also hate television, so the internet is also an entertainment alternative to the "idiot box."

2013 Honda Accord EX 2.4L 6MT MSM
OEM Splash Guards
OEM Door Visors
OEM Moonroof Visor
FormFit Hood Air Deflector
Horn Upgrade
Pilot Genuine Black Leather Steering Wheel Cover
K&N 33-2498
Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus
--
├┼┼╕
246R
post #25 of 27 Old 07-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Chocolate Lady

Internet is always necessary. Always!

RCN provides my internet. I had 50 mbps and went down to 25 mbps to save $10. There is a clear difference.

2013 Honda Accord EX-L i4 Sedan
Obsidian Blue Pearl
11-14-2012
"I love it, I effing love it."
post #26 of 27 Old 07-12-2013, 09:23 PM
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiBoy650 View Post
Princess' internet has been down for a while, so she hasn't been able to get onto radio-pro.ru. She just wants y'all to know she didn't disappear and isn't ignoring us But she's going crazy right about now without her internet So can you live without internet? What do you do when your internet goes down?

I think I can. Before, it was tough but now that I have so much homework during the school year and don't have enough time, I'll always find something that I could do
The problem I have is I am as equally addicted to the Internet as I am playing and watching sports and am a 10 out of 10 in terms of being addicted to both and will never be unhooked unless it was something dumb like I am in-between ISPs in the case of moving domestically. So no, I am completely addicted and with no signs of relief!
post #27 of 27 Old 03-26-2014, 07:31 PM
5th Gear

No way!

2012 Toyota Avalon Limited, Magnetic Grey - Wife's Car
2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite, Alabaster Silver - Family Hauler/My daily ride
2003 Accord EXV6, 5AT Sedan- Sold

Current OEM: Moonroof Visor, Window Visors, Roof Rails, Crossbars, Body Side Moldings, Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Door-Sill Garnish, All-Weather Floor Mats, Wheel Locks
Future OEM: Remote Engine Start

"Performance modifications are not worth the hassle on an old daily ride. Buy a performance car instead " - Accord_Rules
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.