RACE POLL: 2007 Vs 2008 V6 6MT - Page 4 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #46 of 48 Old 07-18-2014, 07:50 PM
Roll Tide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenmaster View Post
drivers race plain and simple.
this.

2007 V6 AT Sedan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Advertisement

post #47 of 48 Old 07-18-2014, 08:00 PM
5th Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLethal100 View Post
This is a rediculous question but bare with me.....

I have never been down and Actual drag strip. I am a good driver and have been driving MT all my life. I just dont know how to launch properly. I really dont want to ping my car off red line and dump the clutch. I would assume that would just break traction, start spinning, and hurt the car. Do you release the clutch slow to slip it just a bit before it engages? Should I just rev it half way and then release the clutch so I dont break friction?

Please fill me in...
without an LSD and some sticky-ass tires, something has to slip a bit. whether it be the clutch or the tires. If i was racing MY car id rather leave rubber on the track. If my priority was winning the race i'd feather the shit out of the launch. My driving style is more road course rather then a 1/4, but either way im a bit of a noob to racing in general.

-Takeda SRI
-aFe TBS+thermals
-P&P Runners
-P2R Intake Riser+thermals (1" total)
-Port-match heads (Intake Side Only)
-XLR8 V2 J-Pipe w/cat delete
-Megan Racing OE-RS Cat Back
-ZEX 50HP
-Ingalls "STIFFY" torque damper
-Cosmo Racing Short Shifter
-Slave check vlv delete
-TS shift cable bushings
-HFP susp
-TL 20mm RSB
-Megan Racing R camber+radius arms
-Smooth-On 60A Poly Filled Comp Bushings
-20mm F & 25 mm R spacers
-StopTech drilled & slotted
-Ktuner
-VitViper Tune
post #48 of 48 Old 07-19-2014, 03:43 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloist View Post
...............All that said, I will be buying an 06-07 Accord V6 Coupe to replace my 06 G35 Coupe, so that should also say something, other than "I'm crazy". I had all 3 cars to choose and I keep coming back to that damn 7th Gen Accord...
I looked at the G35 Coupe 6M (but bought the Gen7 6M):

A. Better gearbox (G35 seemed clumsy after the Accord)
B. Better fuel numbers (the G35 is a comparative gas hog)
C. Price differential (new car price) - IIRC - was pushing 15k

No regrets. None.

ez

2005 Accord EX V-6 Coupe 6M
Taff. White;cargo net;7-24-05

'13 VW JETTA SPTWGN TDI 6M
Build date:03/12/2013 NO NAV
ZERO SUNROOF:CANDY WHITE

1982 VW Rab. Diesel Pickup 5M
Mojave Beige/ac/bedliner/alloys
(sold to restoration outfit)
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.