Why do you use your horn? - Page 3 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 43 Old 06-08-2008, 09:20 AM
Boom-shaka-laka-laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviography View Post
And you are proud of that? Don't you have a silent arm mode? Why didn't you use that?
I didn't mean to scare her, its just what I do when I get out the car, press the lock button twice so I don't have to look back to see if the car's locked, heck its the first one with a remote so I might as well make myself feel like I'm driving the knight rider car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviography View Post
I am trying to be very nice to a fellow Canadian, but PLEASE GROW UP!
I'm not even playing around with that thought, partially because I'm too lazy to go after train horns, and also because I'm sure that I would probably cause a couple of deaths here in vancouver with people on their cellphones. Relax, just wondering what others are think about it.

'09 Acura TL
Grigio Metallic

Gone but not forgotten:
2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L, Taffeta White, HFP Kit, Tint, Fogs *Totalled*
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 Honda Civic Sedan DX, "Gold"
1990 Acura Integra White
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 Old 06-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

What I normally do is to press the lock button on the door armrest, this way you will know the doors are locked, AND you save on having to replace the remote control battery only 1/3 as often, i.e. once to lock, second time to beep, third time to unlock as vs just once to unlock.

Yes I know the remote control battery cost very little compared to the gas or price of the car, but think of the benefit of contributing to the environmental aspect by minimizing the volume of dead silver oxide or lithium batteries that need to be disposed of.

2005 Satin Silver V6 Coupe 6 speed
TL shift knob, Hidden Hitch, Venture Shield clear protetive film,
GM Friction Modified Synchromesh transmission fluid,
2007 Acura TL-S front/rear sway bars,
Clutch slave cylinder restrictor valve delete.

Acura TL 5-spoke rims 245/45-17 Bridgestone Pole Position RE970
Honda steel rims 225/55-16 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3

post #33 of 43 Old 06-08-2008, 09:36 AM
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

Send a message via AIM to stiller fan Send a message via Yahoo to stiller fan Send a message via Skype™ to stiller fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Hawkins View Post
I really like the fact that our horns are real loud!!!
Beside the already stated; I like to honk, in Morse Code, "Hi," when I see another HAM:
.... ..

Unfortantly, the button is kinda vague, and hard to have control over the dit's and dash's...
i have noticed this too in my 99.... sometimes, i look at it, and it beeps, whereas at other times, you can take the wheel off, drive over it multiple times, and it still won't beep it seems like.....

current car: 2007 Honda Accord LX-SE 4dr 2.4 MT 17xk miles (slowly and gradually nursing her back to health)

prior vehicles:
2007 Honda Accord LX Coupe 2.4 MT (409k miles, RIP)
1999 Honda Accord coupe (197k, blown head gasket)
1993 Honda Accord (retired 369k)

post #34 of 43 Old 06-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Yes, I am a guy

i beep when the stupid person in front of me doesnt go when there is a green light. i wait 5 seconds then do it.

Codename: Trisha
2007 Honda Accord VP Alabaster Silver Metallic + fujita cai + tein basics + dampachi :) + 17mm rsb + TSX wheels
1989 Dodge Caravan LE(RIP BUDDY)

31.81 MPG!!!!
post #35 of 43 Old 06-18-2008, 02:17 PM
6MT+Navi=Win!!

When I remember, I honk at people who are asleep at green lights. Most of the time I forget that I'm not in the Metro, and the horn doesn't sound so tiny that it's laughable.

Sadly, I need it more in the Metro than in the Accord. People just don't notice a red convertible like they use to. I should upgrade the horn in the Metro.

'03 Sapphire Blue Pearl Accord 2dr EX V6 6MT w/Navi (90k miles) 18% tint, HFP wheels
'92 red Geo Metro LSi conv. (185k miles)
Current Hondas:
'06 Taffeta White Civic 4dr EX MT w/Navi
'97 Black Currant Pearl Odyssey EX
'86 Gold/Cream Goldwing Aspencade SE-i
Previous Hondas:
02 NBP Accord 4dr Special Edition w/gold pkg*90 HGM Accord 4dr EX MT*82 Cream Accord 4dr MT*1st Gen Accord MT*1st Gen Civic MT*2-3 bikes
post #36 of 43 Old 03-29-2013, 08:24 AM
Four Doors/Three Pedals

Only when absolutely necessary for safety and the occasional friendly beep to remind drivers who are absorbed in whatever that the light has turned green.

2013 Honda Accord EX 2.4L 6MT MSM
OEM Splash Guards
OEM Door Visors
OEM Moonroof Visor
FormFit Hood Air Deflector
Horn Upgrade
Pilot Genuine Black Leather Steering Wheel Cover
K&N 33-2498
Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus
--
├┼┼╕
246R
post #37 of 43 Old 03-29-2013, 09:52 AM
1st Gear

Because I love the sound of it
post #38 of 43 Old 07-12-2013, 08:26 PM
Chocolate Lady

In the following situations:

- The light has turned green and you have not moved for 3 seconds (3 seconds is long when you're waiting). Also if it is clear for you to turn right onto a street and instead of doing so you sit there (and there is no "No Turn On Red" sign).

- The light has turned green and it is a quick/short light and you have not moved for 1 second.

- You are moving in on my lane while I am right there; in other words, you are moving in on me.

- You turn (from the right) all sloooooowly into my lane and then stay in my lane, when I'm driving at my ongoing speed.

- You are driving in front of me in my lane and there are no red lights or police or speed cameras or anyone cutting you off and instead of driving at your steady pace, you start breaking like you don't know what's going on. Be confused somewhere else and get outta my way!

- You are driving in front of me in my lane and as we approach an intersection you want to make a left turn; but instead of moving all the way over into your left turn lane, you are halfway in that lane and halfway in mine. Scoot he heck over!

- You stop at an intersection (in the left lane) because you want to turn left (no left turn lane), however, the sign clearly says "No Turns 7 - 9:30 and 4:30 - 7." Uh-uh.

BEEEEEEEEEP to all of that!!

- I will try to tap the horn lightly if you are in front of me and I want you to move up juuuuuust a little bit so I can scoot up into the left turning lane (or something like that).

- To say wusup to someone I know.

Disclaimer: I try not to honk at older folks (or seniors.... no offense to anybody) because their reflexes are not always on point (again, no offense to anybody) and I don't want to scare them.

2013 Honda Accord EX-L i4 Sedan
Obsidian Blue Pearl
11-14-2012
"I love it, I effing love it."
post #39 of 43 Old 07-12-2013, 08:36 PM
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1accord View Post
Self-explanatory . . .
I use my horn:

1. To say hello to car I am passing and passing by
2. To save the life of a car racing by to show someone cares
3. To show I am excited in the moment
4. To break up the monotony at elongated stop lights
5. to say goodbye
6. To entertain when I make a sequence of honks to make a song like tah tah nah nah nah, NAH NAH!
post #40 of 43 Old 08-30-2013, 05:42 PM
2010 Honda Accord EX

To prevent an accident and scold someone fo throwing their cigarette butt out the window.

Scott C.

2010 Honda Accord EX
-----------------------
Mods / Additions:
8.5G V6 Bumper & Foglights / 8.5G Trunk Garnish / 8.5G Spoiler / 18" Wheels / Subwoofer & Amp / Body Side Moldings / Automatic Headlights / Focal Speakers x4 / Door sill trim (4) / Navi w/DVD, Bluetooth, Rear Sensors and Camera, & Honda XM fin / Leather seats & Heated fronts / Window tints (35/20) / Phone/MP3 holder / Rear Passenger 12v Outlet / Homelink / Auto Day/Night Mirror / Splash Guards & All Weather Mats / Trunk Tray
post #41 of 43 Old 08-30-2013, 05:56 PM
banned

My main reasons:

>get out of my way
>STOP GOING 30MPH UNDER THE SPEED LIMIT ON THE HIGHWAY IN THE PASSING LANE
>DON'T CUT ME OFF YOU DINGLEDOUCHE
>your SUV does not make you king of the road, USE YOUR MIRRORS WHEN YOU CHANGE LANES AND MERGE
>oh, annoy my friends in front of me
>the occasional goodbye honk

Dealing with NYC drivers will make you a bitter driver. lol
post #42 of 43 Old 08-31-2013, 10:25 AM
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

Send a message via AIM to stiller fan Send a message via Yahoo to stiller fan Send a message via Skype™ to stiller fan
i'm bitter in mobile, al.... trust me, i have never seen more stupidity from drivers as a whole.....

current car: 2007 Honda Accord LX-SE 4dr 2.4 MT 17xk miles (slowly and gradually nursing her back to health)

prior vehicles:
2007 Honda Accord LX Coupe 2.4 MT (409k miles, RIP)
1999 Honda Accord coupe (197k, blown head gasket)
1993 Honda Accord (retired 369k)
post #43 of 43 Old 03-26-2014, 07:27 PM
5th Gear

Use it to tell the driver ahead to start moving at a traffic light if that car doesn't move for more than 3 seconds once the light is green.

Use it to say Hi to someone I know.

Use it to say Bye too.
easymike likes this.

2012 Toyota Avalon Limited, Magnetic Grey - Wife's Car
2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite, Alabaster Silver - Family Hauler/My daily ride
2003 Accord EXV6, 5AT Sedan- Sold

Current OEM: Moonroof Visor, Window Visors, Roof Rails, Crossbars, Body Side Moldings, Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Door-Sill Garnish, All-Weather Floor Mats, Wheel Locks
Future OEM: Remote Engine Start

"Performance modifications are not worth the hassle on an old daily ride. Buy a performance car instead " - Accord_Rules
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.