Why do you use your horn? - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 43 Old 08-13-2005, 11:35 AM
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

Send a message via AIM to stiller fan Send a message via Yahoo to stiller fan Send a message via Skype™ to stiller fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1accord
... early '80s at night on an isolated stretch of interstate headed out of Columbus toward Atlanta, a carload of goofballs are tailgating 'Jim' with their high beams on. Finally they pass . . .only to slow down such that 'Jim' passes them. This cycle repeats until the 3rd time they pull beside 'Jim' while passing, 'Jim' is ready with his 357 magnum. He holds the revolver outside the driver window, points it straight up, and BOOM !!! along with a 3-foot green powder flash from the barrel tip in the darkness. The goofballs probably thought it was a bazooka. The hood off their car almost scrapes the pavement b/c they braked so hard and, after considerable swerving, their headlights fade far behind.
(Glad I wasn't there!)
that was you???? sorry man for doing that to ya.....

it was fun while it lasted.

current car: 2007 Honda Accord LX-SE 4dr 2.4 MT 17xk miles (slowly and gradually nursing her back to health)

prior vehicles:
2007 Honda Accord LX Coupe 2.4 MT (409k miles, RIP)
1999 Honda Accord coupe (197k, blown head gasket)
1993 Honda Accord (retired 369k)
Advertisement

post #17 of 43 Old 08-13-2005, 12:38 PM
Blast from the past!

Send a message via MSN to EXLNavi
I use my horn to ward off evil spirits.

'04 EX-L i4 5AT with Navi

If your mother still drives you to school,.... you ain't no gangster. PULL YOUR PANTS UP!
post #18 of 43 Old 08-13-2005, 12:43 PM
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

Send a message via AIM to stiller fan Send a message via Yahoo to stiller fan Send a message via Skype™ to stiller fan
looks like my mom's tranny in her car is about ready to blow up.....

she's in NC, about 100 miles from the beach.......

car is jerking, smells like something is burning...... TCS light is on, and won't go off.....

not sure if fluid has ever been changed in tranny.....

current car: 2007 Honda Accord LX-SE 4dr 2.4 MT 17xk miles (slowly and gradually nursing her back to health)

prior vehicles:

post #19 of 43 Old 08-13-2005, 12:44 PM
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

and to think, she wanted to swap cars with me.....

prior vehicles:
post #20 of 43 Old 01-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Trace Evidence

Send a message via Yahoo to Trace
NY cabs-I broke my damn horn b/c of those damn yellow cabs

One of them cut me off (not unusual)-but this one nearly ran me into another cab. I smashed my horn in so bad, it never sounded the same. It sounded like it should have came from a truck or something...

Warranty covered the repair, so all was well

Ol' Blue Eyes: '03 Accord Coupe EX-L
Mileage:70,1XX

Come and Gone:

'99 Saturn
'92 Chevy Blazer
post #21 of 43 Old 01-08-2008, 06:51 PM
6th Gear

Send a message via MSN to ericrwalker
What? is that a serious answer? The horn is located on the steering wheel so you never had to take your hands off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwAce View Post
use it only when im stopped. never when im moving cos that means taking hands of steering wheel => lose control..not good.

use it to tell ppl to move or watch out or ish like that

2007 Honda CBR600RR Red/Black Jardine RT-1 CF

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL With Navi Red

2006 Honda Accord Coupe AT BLACK w/ Navi
Fog lights, trunk tray, splash guards, wheel locks and Auto day/night/ mirror. SOLD!!!
post #22 of 43 Old 01-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Rule Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to stevencrosbie
I love my truck horns.

I want to get some Train horns for it. That way I can give idiots with their heads up their butts a heart attack.

Fix world problems one HONK at a time

Plus...they see the grill of the Tundra and mess themselves
post #23 of 43 Old 01-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Swirl Free

Why do I use my horn???? WTF??

To play along with whatever song I may be grooving to of course
post #24 of 43 Old 01-08-2008, 07:25 PM
banned

Send a message via AIM to Accordlover
I used my horn on the idiots who were in town for the sugarbowl and aimlessly walked in the street.

I seem to use my horn a lot here in new orleans. I've little patience for the pokeyness of the drivers here.
post #25 of 43 Old 01-08-2008, 08:23 PM
AC6DN

I really like the fact that our horns are real loud!!!
Beside the already stated; I like to honk, in Morse Code, "Hi," when I see another HAM:
.... ..

Unfortantly, the button is kinda vague, and hard to have control over the dit's and dash's...

Bruce - AC6DN:
Honda Accord, 2001, 2.3L (L4), F23A4, 4D EX - My main car…
Ford Taurus, 1992, 3.8L V6, - Trany prob's
Toyota 4x4 Extra Cab Truck, 2.4L SR5, 22RTE (Turbo) 1987, I still have.
Honda Accord, 1984, 1800cc? L4,
Plymouth Arrow, 1978?, 1800cc?, L4 (POS)
Chevy, Monza, 1976, 350cu, V8, My funnest car, think muscle car, poorly made...
Olds Starfire? 1975, 231cu odd fire, V6,
My first car, 1965 Chevy Impala 283cu V8, (I got during the mid 1980)
post #26 of 43 Old 01-21-2008, 08:25 AM
1st Gear

hmmm where to start i use it when people dont look and try to get into my lane, when people are on thier phones and dont know how to do 2 things at the same time so they drive 25 mph & start delaying traffic, and when they're looking in the mirror and the light turns green i give them 5 seconds then a honk =)
post #27 of 43 Old 05-24-2008, 11:37 PM
6th Gear

Send a message via AIM to Sylv Send a message via MSN to Sylv
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess View Post
Well, IF I remembered it exsisted in time, it would be to tell a driver they're being stupid... like, "um, stupid, someone's already here". I'm usually too busy avoiding them to remember to honk! Afterward I ALWAYS think, I should've honked! Too late now......
ME TOO!!! omg im the same... lol all i do is just change lanes if possible, if not possible, slow down... and then im thinking... "F*CK! I should have honked" other than that, i just honk to say, "Green means go, not stare at the cup holder or text a friend"
post #28 of 43 Old 06-08-2008, 02:18 AM
Boom-shaka-laka-laka

I managed to scare an old lady so bad while locking my car remotely that she dropped her bag and started cussing at me. That was the happiest day of my life.

Anyone play with the idea of using train-horns? I've seen some videos on youtube after bruceleroy pointed it out to me, but I can't shake the feeling that they would somehow kick ass, no matter how immature and stupid it is.

'09 Acura TL
Grigio Metallic

Gone but not forgotten:
2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L, Taffeta White, HFP Kit, Tint, Fogs *Totalled*
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 Honda Civic Sedan DX, "Gold"
1990 Acura Integra White
post #29 of 43 Old 06-08-2008, 05:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arasheht View Post
I managed to scare an old lady so bad while locking my car remotely that she dropped her bag and started cussing at me. That was the happiest day of my life.
And you are proud of that? Don't you have a silent arm mode? Why didn't you use that?

Quote:
Anyone play with the idea of using train-horns? I've seen some videos on youtube after bruceleroy pointed it out to me, but I can't shake the feeling that they would somehow kick ass, no matter how immature and stupid it is.
I am trying to be very nice to a fellow Canadian, but PLEASE GROW UP!

2005 Satin Silver V6 Coupe 6 speed
TL shift knob, Hidden Hitch, Venture Shield clear protetive film,
GM Friction Modified Synchromesh transmission fluid,
2007 Acura TL-S front/rear sway bars,
Clutch slave cylinder restrictor valve delete.

Acura TL 5-spoke rims 245/45-17 Bridgestone Pole Position RE970
Honda steel rims 225/55-16 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3

post #30 of 43 Old 06-08-2008, 06:46 AM
Rule Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to stevencrosbie
I don't use mine much.

I only use it to alert the idiot drivers that don't see my truck. I love seeing their face when they remove the cell phone and see my Tundra 2 inches from their stupid car b/c they can't look when making lane changes.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.