Modifications: Classy or Racer Look?!? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
View Poll Results: What's More Appealing to You?!? Classy or Racer Look!
Classy 39 42.39%
Racer 8 8.70%
Both (Classy & Racer) 24 26.09%
Who cares as long as its not "riced out" 21 22.83%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 09-29-2008, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Boosted Sedan

Arrow Modifications: Classy or Racer Look?!?

Just curious what people are likely to think looks better on a vehicle whether it be there own or another on the street.

The classy clean simple look (maybe some tints, oem wheels, oem wings or fogs, lip kits etc.. )

Or the racer look maybe an exhaust system, larger wings, chrome/race wheels, upgraded brakes, full body kits, etc..)

Or maybe even a mix of both (oem style with some racer appeal) ...

2012 Midnight Black Hyundai Sonata 2.0T W/Navigation &
2011 Taffetta White Accord Coupe EX-L V6 (Wife's)

Vehicle History:
2009 Honda Accord Sedan I4 (Wife's first Honda)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
2006 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6MT W/Navigation
2000 VW GTI VR6
1994 Honda Accord Sedan I4
1989 Honda Accord Sedan I4
1988 Buick Park Ave V6 (First Car)
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 09-29-2008, 08:35 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoCoupeV6 View Post
Or the racer look maybe an exhaust system, larger wings, chrome/race wheels, upgraded brakes, full body kits, etc..)

No stickers, please. They look dumb.

2008 Accord EX-L NAVI I-4 Sedan
* 15% tint
* LED Tailights
* All interior bulbs replaced with LED.
* PP 5W-20, Wix Oil Filter

2004 Accord EX V6 Coupe
* Cold Air Intake
* LED Taillights
* PP 5W-20, Mobil 1 Oil Filter

Used to own...
2003 Accord LX-G
1997 Saturn SC2
1993 Saturn SL1
post #3 of 18 Old 09-29-2008, 10:18 PM
6th Gear

Send a message via AIM to morcheez
i think u are confused....i have big rims on a lowered car and i think its very classy
...guess it all depends on what your definitions are ...but this looks very classy to me

08 ASM Coupe i4/ tint / lip spoiler / 6k hids / 20" verde chaos 45mm offset 255/35 nitto nt555 / eibach pro kit / autozone grille mod / weathertech floor liners / clarion touchscreen / tsx key / trunk liner/ dual exhaust, v-leds white&amber turn bulbs/ fog lights w nokya 2500 bulbs/ odyssey lower grill/ custom wall in trunk/ 35&20 tint/black roof/ color matched grill and rear "H"

post #4 of 18 Old 09-29-2008, 10:38 PM
one one thousand

I'll probably be in the minority here, but I prefer cars that look almost completely stock and find most of the aftermarket wheels, skirts, lips, suspension bits, trinkets and doo-dads tacky with a few exceptions of course. This might not make sense to everyone but in my eyes extra aftermarket parts makes the car seem 'cheaper'. Keep in mind I'm also 36 and loved all of that stuff when I was in my early twenties.

I do, however, like cars that have genuine soup-up parts from that same maker ... i.e. Nismo, TRD, AMG and genuine Honda aero kits, spoilers etc.

2006 LX-SE I4 Auto
Mobil One Only
Previous Babies:
2003 Accord EX I4 Manual
1996 Toyota Celica

Next Car ... Accord EX 2.2 i-CDTi ??
post #5 of 18 Old 09-30-2008, 12:10 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by daavo View Post
I'll probably be in the minority here, but I prefer cars that look almost completely stock and find most of the aftermarket wheels, skirts, lips, suspension bits, trinkets and doo-dads tacky with a few exceptions of course. This might not make sense to everyone but in my eyes extra aftermarket parts makes the car seem 'cheaper'. Keep in mind I'm also 36 and loved all of that stuff when I was in my early twenties.

I do, however, like cars that have genuine soup-up parts from that same maker ... i.e. Nismo, TRD, AMG and genuine Honda aero kits, spoilers etc.
well im 26 now and i have done something to every car / truck i have ever owned and i dont ever see myself not doing that ....when did your mod bug just stop ticking?? i just dont think mine ever will...and u say u like genuine soup up mods...whats makes them better than aftermarket stuff besides the crazy price u will have to pay to get it ?? just bein a jerk here just wondering why it is u think dealer goodies are any better than nice aftermarket stuff

08 ASM Coupe i4/ tint / lip spoiler / 6k hids / 20" verde chaos 45mm offset 255/35 nitto nt555 / eibach pro kit / autozone grille mod / weathertech floor liners / clarion touchscreen / tsx key / trunk liner/ dual exhaust, v-leds white&amber turn bulbs/ fog lights w nokya 2500 bulbs/ odyssey lower grill/ custom wall in trunk/ 35&20 tint/black roof/ color matched grill and rear "H"
post #6 of 18 Old 09-30-2008, 12:13 AM
Out of Control

I like the classy, racer look. I bought my HFP wheels for classy. Now I need some engine mods.

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L I4
Polished Metal Metallic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 18 Old 09-30-2008, 12:21 AM
4th Gear

You can still make subtle changes to your car and still maintain the classy look. For myself personally, my 08 is used primarily for my business, so I have to keep it (somewhat) professional-looking (have to drive clients sometimes). All I have and will do is change all lighting to bright white LED, and have installed a set of Cool Blue headlight bulbs.

At the end of the day it really depends on what you are trying to achieve.

I like the racer look providing the owner has spared no expense in making the car look and drive good. There are a lot of cheap products out there that look awful. Here where I live, I see many cars with an incomplete body kit, paint peeling off, mismatched-color bumpers, chrome hubcaps, the list goes on.

2008 Accord EX-L NAVI I-4 Sedan
* 15% tint
* LED Tailights
* All interior bulbs replaced with LED.
* PP 5W-20, Wix Oil Filter

2004 Accord EX V6 Coupe
* Cold Air Intake
* LED Taillights
* PP 5W-20, Mobil 1 Oil Filter

Used to own...
2003 Accord LX-G
1997 Saturn SC2
1993 Saturn SL1
post #8 of 18 Old 09-30-2008, 06:23 AM Thread Starter
Boosted Sedan

I guess I should have defined the poll more since I knew I would get some people who would disagree but that's ok with me since I know everyone's opinion is different and that is what makes modifying a car so great (the different tastes which shows in our rides)

I just wanted to see what people preferred in general..

When I was younger I did the racer look with my '94 Accord (lowering the car, pedals, exhaust system, big boxed audio system) I never really thought of that car as classy back than i was just trying to keep up with my friends who had the celicas, tegs, civics etc...Granted my car was broken into at one point and the best system I have ever owned was lost for good, I still got the comments dam man you exhaust was loud, so loud i could hear you from our class when you rolled into the parking lot (this was my freshman year of college) ...

Since than I have also modified my GTI with racing wheels, exhaust system, intake, high flow cat, brembos etc.. it also went to the track a couple of times.

But after owning my VW for almost 5 years i realized i needed something that suited me and my lifestyle ... Just starting my teaching career, the many comments on how loud my car was again with the exhaust, the boy racer look, i'll admit its fun, but i am now 27 and don't want that attention anymore...Also i began to look at the car in its form (it was silver with tints, had the 20th anniv lip kit all around) and yea it was sexy but i started to say its not me anyone, and in the teacher parking lot i felt as if i didnt fit in, but than again i never cared what people thought just never wanted to have people look at my car and say wow what a ricer (even if it was german) ..

Now the accord coupe is classy to me, with some tints, and the plate lights, i love driving the thing at night, its so mean and yet so quiet. Anyone who has been inside of it falls in love with it, and its pretty dam fast, prob somewhat faster than my modified vdub ...

I will always have the "bug" its just different taste now, don't need the loudness, or the flashy rims (i love the TL -S rims) maybe just some fogs and the HFP to compliment the car (maybe some dvd/audio down the line)
To each is own, have fun ...

PS- My first poll on the front page

2012 Midnight Black Hyundai Sonata 2.0T W/Navigation &
2011 Taffetta White Accord Coupe EX-L V6 (Wife's)

Vehicle History:
2009 Honda Accord Sedan I4 (Wife's first Honda)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
2006 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6MT W/Navigation
2000 VW GTI VR6
1994 Honda Accord Sedan I4
1989 Honda Accord Sedan I4
1988 Buick Park Ave V6 (First Car)
post #9 of 18 Old 09-30-2008, 06:52 AM
Rule Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to stevencrosbie
Quote:

I'm with you and I'm 23. I just see no point to aftermarket add ons. They lower resale, are usually less reliable, cost more money, look tackey, make your car hard to sell, are a bottomless pit of time, and give you a negative perception to the rest of the world.

Nope...not much for aftermarket modifications either (unless it is a facotory deal). That money is better used investing in an IRA (or other type of retirement account) b/c we all know I don't want to pay for anyone else.
post #10 of 18 Old 09-30-2008, 08:32 AM
one one thousand

Quote:
Originally Posted by morcheez View Post
well im 26 now and i have done something to every car / truck i have ever owned and i dont ever see myself not doing that ....when did your mod bug just stop ticking?? i just dont think mine ever will...and u say u like genuine soup up mods...whats makes them better than aftermarket stuff besides the crazy price u will have to pay to get it ?? just bein a jerk here just wondering why it is u think dealer goodies are any better than nice aftermarket stuff
No problem morcheez. I haven't moded any of the cars that I've owned and I'm on my 15th or 16th car at this point so I haven't ever really had the 'bug'. As far as liking factory parts over aftermarket, to me it makes sense to buy a genuine Honda trunk spoiler over any aftermarket spoiler because it looks much better and is integrated for the car.

But, like I say some cars are tastefully upgraded with aftermarket parts and they do look good, I just prefer stock.

2006 LX-SE I4 Auto
Mobil One Only
Previous Babies:
2003 Accord EX I4 Manual
1996 Toyota Celica

Next Car ... Accord EX 2.2 i-CDTi ??
post #11 of 18 Old 09-30-2008, 12:13 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
No problem morcheez. I haven't moded any of the cars that I've owned and I'm on my 15th or 16th car at this point so I haven't ever really had the 'bug'. As far as liking factory parts over aftermarket, to me it makes sense to buy a genuine Honda trunk spoiler over any aftermarket spoiler because it looks much better and is integrated for the car.

But, like I say some cars are tastefully upgraded with aftermarket parts and they do look good, I just prefer stock.
oh my bad haha when i read this "Keep in mind I'm also 36 and loved all of that stuff when I was in my early twenties." i assumed u had the mod bug at some point...i dont know what it is about me i just cant stop...every car i get i say ok im not touching it...then that thought just drops from my mind and i go crazy just a bit

post #12 of 18 Old 09-30-2008, 01:37 PM
1st Gear

i prefer a clean look. simple, elegant, and good looking
post #13 of 18 Old 10-01-2008, 06:20 PM
out of control

As long as it's not riced out. if ur trying to decide, for u i'd recommend the following:

Performance
-AEM v2 cold air intake
-UR pulley
-Tq Damper
-Custom v6p J-pipe
-test pipe
-dual magnaflow exhaust (looks OEM but it's all stainless steel)

Exterior
-HFP full kit
-Fogs
-Retrofit headlights
-03-05 coupe hfp sideskirts

Interior
-LED lights
-rear camera
-interior metal trim

that's all i can think of right now!

2006 Accord Coupe V6 6MT w/Navigation

Previous:2007 Accord i4 5AT

My 7th Gen V6 6 Speed Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #14 of 18 Old 10-02-2008, 05:41 PM
need 6 speed!

Send a message via AIM to AznX TL
im going with the racer look, im getting the volk ce28n time attack honda edition.

-'15 Accord Sport 6-speed
no mods
RIP-08 Accord lx-s 5speed manual/ tafetta white
mods
|DDM tuning 6k hids|12" Alpine Type-R|TSX switchblade|Lip spoiler|Type-R Suede red stitch boot|Gunmetal Type-R knob|
|Intake Resonator Delete|Hyper White led license plate led|led interior bulbs|Smoked Reverse lights|

Previous owned
-97 Acura 2.2CL auto/Flamenco Black
post #15 of 18 Old 10-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Out of Control

^ paint your car championship white to match!

2006 BMW 330i 6MT (Alpine White/Terra)
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.