Left lane or Right Lane? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
View Poll Results: Do you drive int he LEFT lane or the RIGHT lane?
I drive in the LEFT lane. 45 31.47%
I drive in the RIGHT lane. 59 41.26%
Where it suits me that day? 39 27.27%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 40 Old 08-04-2008, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Octalever

Left lane or Right Lane?

When I drive I stay in the right lane unless I am passing or nobody is around that I coudl be blocking. Do you drive int he right lane or do you always sit in the left lane?

2008 Accord Coupe EX-L I4
Polished Metal Metalic,
Ivory Interior (TAN),
32% Window Tint,
Splash Guards,
K&N AirFilter.
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 08-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Parrot Head

Which ever lane doesnt have the slow drivers. Normally right unless I have to pass.

Greg
'03 Accord LX - Totaled
'09 Toyota Highlander
post #3 of 40 Old 08-04-2008, 09:44 PM
6th Gear

I stay right when its clear, left to pass. Middle if there is one.

2008 NBP EX Coupe | 5000k HIDs | LED interior/reverse | Harmon Kardon Ipod Interface | 35% tints | Hyper Yellow DRL | LED Halo Fogs | Silverstar Turn Signals | Chrome Grille Strips/Mesh lower grille | Taillight Tint

post #4 of 40 Old 08-05-2008, 07:08 AM
banned

Send a message via AIM to Accordlover
Usually I am in the left lane because I tend to go 5-10mph over. Especially on long trips.

I just drove I-10 from Destin to New Orleans and every time I would get into the right lane someone would be going 60 in a 70, so it was better for me to stay in the left.

People fly on I-10 though, I had to move out of the way for several giant SUV's going 90+mph. I stayed no more than 85 the whole drive, and that was really just keeping up with traffic. Rather ridiculous.

Made my 36mpg freeway go down to 32.3mpg.
post #5 of 40 Old 08-05-2008, 07:17 AM
Rule Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to stevencrosbie
I stay in the right lanes unless I need to pass. I would love to see the name of the left lane change from the "fast lane" to the "passing lane." CO actually gives tickets to those who are out in the passing lane and are not actually passing anyone.

I personally think everyone should yield to those wanting to go faster (if even beyond the speed limit) when in that lane and thus don't get mad when people who cruise the lane get tailgated by others.

As you can tell...I really believe in staying out of that lane when possible.
post #6 of 40 Old 08-05-2008, 08:13 AM
Cell Phone Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencrosbie View Post
I stay in the right lanes unless I need to pass. I would love to see the name of the left lane change from the "fast lane" to the "passing lane." CO actually gives tickets to those who are out in the passing lane and are not actually passing anyone.
So does VA unless they've changed their laws recently.

Quote:
I personally think everyone should yield to those wanting to go faster (if even beyond the speed limit) when in that lane and thus don't get mad when people who cruise the lane get tailgated by others.
For sure!!

Quote:
As you can tell...I really believe in staying out of that lane when possible.

As everybody should.

The grannys and grampys that drive in the "number one" lane (left), especially below the speed limit and refuse to move over really get my jaws tight!!.

I told my wife some time ago, there are 4 classes of "vehicles" you should try not to get stuck behind, especially on a road where passing is non existent or tough.

1. Buicks
2. Volvos
3. Minivans
4. Harley cycles

1. is obvious, over 90% of their drivers are over 80
2. ultra safety freaks that refuse to move at even the speed limit
3. socker moms, usually full of kids driving extra slow, etc.
4. they all seem to be sunday drivers out for a nice slow sight seeing session.

TurboDave
EWCS(SW) USN (ret.) (1965-1988)
Sevierville, TN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
---
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12 Lincoln MKT, EcoBoost twin turbo 3.5V6, Crystal Champagne Metallic
86 Buick Grand National (for go)
87 Buick Grand National (for show)
01 Ford Excursion 7.3PSD (for tow)
post #7 of 40 Old 08-05-2008, 08:24 AM
OCD

Add to that list people in Priuses for two reasons, either they're super green and accelerate at the rate of a snail or even if they do want to accelerate like a normal human being (and I don't mean peel out, just enough not to bog in 1st) the car just doesn't have any pickup whatsoever.

I stay in the right lane (seems to be the passing lane anyway!).

10 Civic Type S GT 1.8L MT I4
05 Accord Coupe LX-SE MT I4 Gone..sniff sniff
post #8 of 40 Old 08-05-2008, 08:27 AM
Who needs lugnuts anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodave View Post
The grannys and grampys that drive in the "number one" lane (left), especially below the speed limit and refuse to move over really get my jaws tight!!.
Or the ones that stay in the left lane because their left-side exit is coming up in about 5-10 miles. This, however, is understandable in the state where safe following distance is such where no one can get in front of you. Sometimes one really has to plan ahead
Also seems like some drivers don't realize that they're in the passing lane until you pass them on the right - that's when they move over. Rear-view mirrors anyone?

I try to stay in either right or middle lane and use left for passing.

2004 Accord LX 5MT Graphite Pearl Metallic
V6-6MT Strut tower bar|17mm Acura TL rear sway bar|Rear Spoiler|2003 Acura CL-S Wheels|Foglights and HIR headlights|Rear Speakers - Boston Acoustics S95|Front Speakers - Polk DB6501|Tinted Rear|
post #9 of 40 Old 08-05-2008, 08:39 AM

I'm usually in the 3rd lane unless I'm really getting on it to go somewhere quickly. We have 4 or 5 lanes here on the 95. The 2 right lanes are almost impossible to drive in. People are always coming to a near stop when they miss the exit.

2007 EX-L 4DR
post #10 of 40 Old 08-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Old Bird...sometimes wise

Right unless three lanes then the middle.
post #11 of 40 Old 08-05-2008, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Octalever

Lets not forget about the vigilanti traffic cop, You know the ones. The people who go the speed limit or less in the left lane simply to try and prove a point to the 328 people behind him who only want to get home or the people on the phone who simply dont have a sence of courtecy.
Thank god Minnesota just passed a law to prohibit TEXTING while driving....Im sure the roads will all be better now!!!!!

2008 Accord Coupe EX-L I4
Polished Metal Metalic,
Ivory Interior (TAN),
32% Window Tint,
Splash Guards,
K&N AirFilter.
post #12 of 40 Old 08-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Rule Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to stevencrosbie
I love those laws. Kinda like the one in TX where if they catch you w/o insurance, they take your car.

I bet people would text less if they took your car from you when you did it. I cannot believe people text while driving.....I just cannot believe it.
post #13 of 40 Old 08-14-2008, 06:46 PM

I'm in the right lane when I can. Mainly left as I'm usually always passing someone.

The left lane is for passing only, but most here in NJ think it's a free for all where they can sit and crawl anywhere they want. Then there's the nuts who pass on right, on the shoulder, through the grass, left lane, center lane, left shoulder, wherever.

Sapphire blue '04 V6 6 speed w/ full HFP, comptech ss, momo shadow, TL-S 27.2h/20 bars, intake spacer, retro chrome MH1 HIR2 highs, hella DE fogs, EBC Ultimax, subwoofer/amp, infinity rears, HD Radio, aux adapter, navi conversion.

Vermilion 1999 SVT F150 Lightning, Sylvania/Visteon Xenarc HID headlamps, '01 L turn/marker lamps, PIAA fogs, '01 up Bilstein shocks, all Pioneer speakers, Clarion subwoofer. All Redline fluids.

Silverstone 2003 Honda S2000, bone stock
post #14 of 40 Old 08-14-2008, 06:49 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredsvt View Post
I'm in the right lane when I can. Mainly left as I'm usually always passing someone.

The left lane is for passing only, but most here in NJ think it's a free for all where they can sit and crawl anywhere they want. Then there's the nuts who pass on right, on the shoulder, through the grass, left lane, center lane, left shoulder, wherever.
Haven't you heard? The left shoulder is the new left lane.

I have to disagree about people crawling wherever they want, sure it happens, but pretty much any other state is worse as far as that goes. Besides, 1/2 the people who do the speed limit or less in the left lane in Jersey are from PA anyway. Ever drive on PA highways? There is always a car in each lane, all of them exactly side-by-side, doing the speed limit, for what seems like miles.

2008 NBP EX Coupe | 5000k HIDs | LED interior/reverse | Harmon Kardon Ipod Interface | 35% tints | Hyper Yellow DRL | LED Halo Fogs | Silverstar Turn Signals | Chrome Grille Strips/Mesh lower grille | Taillight Tint
post #15 of 40 Old 08-15-2008, 07:59 AM
6th Gear

Send a message via AIM to krazyfiend
I stay in the lane I know has the least or no potholes or craters that could throw my alignments off or bend a rim...

...I honestly told that to a cop when I was caught on cruise in the left lane on the Interstate. He agreed, saw where I was from on my license and had a clue that I knew I-70 between Terre Haute and Indianapolis is just plain treacherous for any non-truck to drive in the right lane. Honestly, some holes and drop off where 18inches to 2 feet craters... patch it and that lasts for a season.

Road Infrastructure = FAIL ... If right lane is not safe for a vehicle...I find no need to use it unless to let someone coming up on me pass.

Im still a strong supporter that any Interstate should be a mandatory three lanes wide, especially Interstates that are main routes for truckers to pass across the country (the main reason why the right lanes around here, outside metro areas, look like a war zone)

Current Stable-
~'10 Accord Coupe PMM w/Ivory EX-L V6 (pur. 8.24.10) -

~'92 Mercedes 190e i-6 183k miles (1 family ownership)

Past Stable-
08' Accord Coupe PMM w/Blk EX-L V6 31k miles (pur. 10.25.07-sold 8.24.10)
98' V8 Ford SHO Blk on Blk (sold outright)
91' 300zx MT N/A (totaled)
Advertisement

Tags
left lane, right lane

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.