Left lane or Right Lane? - Page 3 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
View Poll Results: Do you drive int he LEFT lane or the RIGHT lane?
I drive in the LEFT lane. 45 31.47%
I drive in the RIGHT lane. 59 41.26%
Where it suits me that day? 39 27.27%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #31 of 40 Old 01-03-2010, 04:44 PM
08 Accord = Love hurts ;)

If my side of the road is:

2 lanes: I am usually in the rightmost lane
3 lanes: I am usually in the middle lane
4 lanes: 3rd lane from the right or 2nd lane from the right

08 Accord LX-P AT RBP
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 Old 08-03-2010, 07:20 PM
5th Gear

I prefer Middle lane if there is one, otherwise I do find myself in the left lane quite often because I go 5-10 over or the speed of faster traffic in general.

Does anyone else find it mildly awkward to pass someone using the right lane because they are going to slow in the left (fast/passing) lane? Hah!

Present: 2011 BMW 335i e92 6MT

Past: 2006 Accord Sedan 2.4

2007 Odyssey (dad's)
post #33 of 40 Old 12-30-2010, 11:03 PM
Aspiring Tuner

BUMP!!

i ride str8 Left lane....i cant stand riding in anything else. Everyone drives too slow or just doesnt drive right....Im here in dallas so its a lil diff 635 has about a good 4 1/2 to 5 lanes and i normally stay in the far left and for passing the 2 from the left....im normally goin about 75 anyway to about 80....

I personally think everyone should yield to those wanting to go faster (if even beyond the speed limit) when in that lane and thus don't get mad when people who cruise the lane get tailgated by others.

Oh no sir!!!! no sir not at all!!! If im travelin my normal speed which is about 75 and some retard comes flyin at me going about 90? in the far left lane? i hope his brakes work!! and if he wants to tailgate he;ll get a good dose of washer fluid. Speeding is one thing...drive reckless is another...I have road rage from the front and the back...Dont run up on me and dont drive in the left lane if its your first time..

265k and Running
Tons of Upgrades Currently in Progress...[3/31/16]

98 LX

ENGINE MODS
-Spectre CAI
-Flowmaster 40 Series
-NGK G-Power Plugs
-4-2-1 Header
-CherryBomb GlassPack Resonator
-JDM F23A Swapped

COSMETIC MODS
-Double 5% Tint
-Twin Halo Projectors
-Bright White LED Turn Signals
-DDM Tuning 6000k 35w

SUSPENSION MODS
-Megan Strut Bar

post #34 of 40 Old 12-31-2010, 05:05 AM
24th Gear

Send a message via AIM to Accordguy04
May not be right to some people, but I drive in the left lane. For the majority of my time on the highway I am going faster than the other people, usually run around 70-80. So by staying in the left lane when most people stay to the right, I can easily get by them. If someone else is coming up behind me thats goin faster, I get over and let them pass.
post #35 of 40 Old 12-31-2010, 10:57 AM
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

Send a message via AIM to stiller fan Send a message via Yahoo to stiller fan Send a message via Skype™ to stiller fan
i normally travel in the right lane....

however, on a highway, at night, i will stay in the left lane, and move over for faster traffic....

one 70mph collision with a deer on the pa turnpike changed my thinking about driving on the right at night....

current car: 2007 Honda Accord LX-SE 4dr 2.4 MT 17xk miles (slowly and gradually nursing her back to health)

prior vehicles:
2007 Honda Accord LX Coupe 2.4 MT (409k miles, RIP)
1999 Honda Accord coupe (197k, blown head gasket)
1993 Honda Accord (retired 369k)
post #36 of 40 Old 01-01-2011, 10:06 AM
5th Gear

Send a message via AIM to A1one1nDarkness
Mostly using the left lane since I tend to speed alot

2006 4DR V6 EX-L
post #37 of 40 Old 01-01-2011, 10:17 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencrosbie View Post
I love those laws. Kinda like the one in TX where if they catch you w/o insurance, they take your car.

I bet people would text less if they took your car from you when you did it. I cannot believe people text while driving.....I just cannot believe it.
Most texting dumbboos are in the left lane!

I have tried the right lane and usually I can pass the slower moving cars in the left lane..Chicago style.
post #38 of 40 Old 01-06-2011, 04:33 AM
Second gear slammer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyfiend View Post
I stay in the lane I know has the least or no potholes or craters that could throw my alignments off or bend a rim...

...I honestly told that to a cop when I was caught on cruise in the left lane on the Interstate. He agreed, saw where I was from on my license and had a clue that I knew I-70 between Terre Haute and Indianapolis is just plain treacherous for any non-truck to drive in the right lane. Honestly, some holes and drop off where 18inches to 2 feet craters... patch it and that lasts for a season.

Road Infrastructure = FAIL ... If right lane is not safe for a vehicle...I find no need to use it unless to let someone coming up on me pass.

Im still a strong supporter that any Interstate should be a mandatory three lanes wide, especially Interstates that are main routes for truckers to pass across the country (the main reason why the right lanes around here, outside metro areas, look like a war zone)

+1

99' Ex-l coupe v6 *black current pearl. R.I.P.
00' ex coupe 5spd. *san marino red
86' hatchback lx-i 5spd *silver metallic (toy)

91 Prelude Si B20A5 frankenproject!!!

04 Accord Coupe 6-6 Satin Silver Metallic (daily)

"when i fill my tank i go to stop and shop,to the rice aisle, pour in that uncle bens white rice. SON! the stuffs better than 110k"
post #39 of 40 Old 02-17-2011, 08:43 AM
Out of Control

I'm usually in the left. The right lane is too slow, and the route I drive to school, there are lots of junior highs/elementary schools, so everyone is always making a right turn, slows traffic down.

2009 Accord EX-L, i4, AT

20% tints on 3 back windows and visor of windshield
35% tint on front 2 windows
GrillCraft MX Series Black Steel Mesh
LED Map/Dome Lights
Full HFP Kit
WeatherTech Window Visors

Weapon R i-Throttle
UR Underdrive Pulleys
P2R Throttle Body Spacer
Takeda SRI

Pats Fan
post #40 of 40 Old 04-20-2014, 08:19 PM
5th Gear

I am always in the right lane except for passing. If there are more than two lanes (3 or 4), then I'm in the center lanes.

2012 Toyota Avalon Limited, Magnetic Grey - Wife's Car
2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite, Alabaster Silver - Family Hauler/My daily ride
2003 Accord EXV6, 5AT Sedan- Sold

Current OEM: Moonroof Visor, Window Visors, Roof Rails, Crossbars, Body Side Moldings, Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Door-Sill Garnish, All-Weather Floor Mats, Wheel Locks
Future OEM: Remote Engine Start

"Performance modifications are not worth the hassle on an old daily ride. Buy a performance car instead " - Accord_Rules
Advertisement

Tags
left lane, right lane

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.