Left lane or Right Lane? - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
View Poll Results: Do you drive int he LEFT lane or the RIGHT lane?
I drive in the LEFT lane. 45 31.47%
I drive in the RIGHT lane. 59 41.26%
Where it suits me that day? 39 27.27%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #16 of 40 Old 09-14-2008, 11:57 AM
honda the best practical

stay in the right lane except to pass!

2014 Ram 1500 Limited (Steel Grey) mine
2013 Accord Touring (Alabaster Silver) mine
2008 Accord EX-L V6 (White Diamond Pearl) wifes
2001 IS300 (Auburn Sky) mine
Advertisement

post #17 of 40 Old 09-15-2008, 09:26 AM
1st Gear

Send a message via AIM to merkure
I drive in the left lane with cruise control set 1mph faster than traffic in the right. I almost forgot I like to drive 90 in the left lane and slam on my brakes when I see a cop with a car pulled over going the opposite direction 6 lanes over.

post #18 of 40 Old 09-20-2008, 12:23 AM
6th Gear

Send a message via AIM to Sylv Send a message via MSN to Sylv
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuffethed View Post
Which ever lane doesnt have the slow drivers. Normally right unless I have to pass.
Same

post #19 of 40 Old 09-20-2008, 12:55 AM
Go Black and Gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencrosbie View Post
I stay in the right lanes unless I need to pass. I would love to see the name of the left lane change from the "fast lane" to the "passing lane." CO actually gives tickets to those who are out in the passing lane and are not actually passing anyone.
I like that law but I wish they would enforce it on 36 between Denver and Boulder. I find those "Stay Right Except To Pass" signs kind of funny when I'm in the right lane passing some slow driver in the left lane because they wouldn't move over.

2011 Odyssey EX-L Smoky Topaz Metallic-Mom's
2010 Accord Crosstour EX-L 4WD NAVI White Diamond Pearl-Dad's
2008 Civic LX Coupe Alabaster Silver Metallic-Sister's
2006 Accord EX V6 Sedan Carbon Bronze Pearl-Future BIL's
2003 Accord EX V6 Sedan Desert Mist Metallic-Brother's
2002 Accord EX V6 Coupe San Marino Red-Mine

Gone But Not Forgotten
2002 Accord EX V6 Sedan Nighthawk Black Pearl
2000 Odyssey LX Dark Emerald Pearl
1996 Accord EX-L Sedan Heather Mist
post #20 of 40 Old 09-23-2008, 12:12 PM
need 6 speed!

Send a message via AIM to AznX TL
i drive left lane, ill move right to let someone pass me if they're creeping on me fast. (i cruise at 80mph, and will go a little faster when driving spirited...

-'15 Accord Sport 6-speed
no mods
RIP-08 Accord lx-s 5speed manual/ tafetta white
mods
|DDM tuning 6k hids|12" Alpine Type-R|TSX switchblade|Lip spoiler|Type-R Suede red stitch boot|Gunmetal Type-R knob|
|Intake Resonator Delete|Hyper White led license plate led|led interior bulbs|Smoked Reverse lights|

Previous owned
-97 Acura 2.2CL auto/Flamenco Black
post #21 of 40 Old 09-23-2008, 12:46 PM
6th Gear

Depends on if I'm in a hurry or not. I can deal with being in the right lane as long as the person in fornt of me isn't going at a total snails pace.

2008 HFP Coupe
EX-L V6/Nav Polished Metal Metallic

Auto Start, Auto-Dim Mirror, Rear view Camera, Passport 9500ix,
Interior Illumination, First Aid Kit, All Season Floor Mats, Trunk Tray,
Cargo Net, Cargo Hooks, Change Holder, SPC Camber
Kit,
TSX Sway Bar, Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust, Wheel Locks
post #22 of 40 Old 09-23-2008, 01:14 PM
V-Tech,4-Tech..how I roll

I drive the speed limit +5 in the left lane,,whats wrong with that. If someone wants to do 90 they can go around dont see why I have to deal with changing lanes to accommodate them and then get stuck behind some slow car...

Let the flames begin
post #23 of 40 Old 09-24-2008, 03:49 AM
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

Send a message via AIM to stiller fan Send a message via Yahoo to stiller fan Send a message via Skype™ to stiller fan
left lane is for passing, so when i was in the states, i normally stayed in the right lane on trips....

however, at night, i stay to the left to avoid deer.... but i do yield to faster traffic tho, in case you werer wondering....

current car: 2007 Honda Accord LX-SE 4dr 2.4 MT 17xk miles (slowly and gradually nursing her back to health)

prior vehicles:
2007 Honda Accord LX Coupe 2.4 MT (409k miles, RIP)
1999 Honda Accord coupe (197k, blown head gasket)
1993 Honda Accord (retired 369k)
post #24 of 40 Old 09-24-2008, 05:10 AM
Rule Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to stevencrosbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaboy9602 View Post
I like that law but I wish they would enforce it on 36 between Denver and Boulder. I find those "Stay Right Except To Pass" signs kind of funny when I'm in the right lane passing some slow driver in the left lane because they wouldn't move over.

That's a shame. There was a huge promotion of the new law back in 06 (I think) when it came out. I knew many people who got tickets on I 25 and I was happy to see it happen. I don't care how fast you are going, if you aren't passing, you need to be out of the lane. People who cruise out there cause people to pass on the right, which is illegal from what I understand.

It also causes road rage....so the ticket should reflect that.
post #25 of 40 Old 09-24-2008, 07:24 AM
James.uk

In the UK the Motorways have "lane laws".. The r/h lane is for overtaking only, and heavy vehicles are barred from using it. Rigid frame vans are ok though..

The other two lanes are sort of optional, the left being used mainly by lorries and slow traffic.. Lorries can overtake in the middle lane only..

It is illegal here to pass anyone on their left hand side. It carries both a fine and penalty points on your licence, how much, depends on the circumstances under which you broke the law. But, if it was considered as dangerous you may well lose your licence for a while! .

There are no right hand exits from a UK motorway, they are all on the left side. Normaly you exit to a roundabout, then if going right, go either over or under a bridge. ..

Most UK Mways (99%) have a "hard shoulder" for emergencies and breakdowns, these are always on the extreme left hand side, in cases of breakdowns its better to leave your vehicle and walk away from the mway a few yards while you wait for assistance, just in case some idiot hits your parked car... Shouldn't happen, but people DO fall asleep, have heart attacks, lose control etc etc so its better to be 100% safe..

Honda Accord. 2.0iES 4dr automatic. 1996 'N' reg. 87.000. (Burgandy) ave mpg 21. (Best 32) SOLD.
(modified) Citroen ZX 1.9 Diesel Auto 1994 "L" reg. 100K miles, (Dark Blue), ave mpg 44. (Best 55) ECU free.
2002 Wedgewood blue. Rover 75 2.0 CDTi Conniossaur Auto ave mpg 40 (best 52) mpg. :)
post #26 of 40 Old 09-24-2008, 08:17 AM
3rd Gear

I enjoyed driving on the autobahns in Germany. Each lane has a posted minimum speed. If you are going too slow, a few seconds later another car will be on your bumper and flashing their headlites until you move right.

08 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 A/T w/ NAVI TW/Tan. Auto Dim Mirror, Avital 4113 Remote Start, Splash Guards, 09 TSX Key.
post #27 of 40 Old 09-24-2008, 08:38 AM
need 6 speed!

Send a message via AIM to AznX TL
Quote:
Originally Posted by meirvin View Post
I drive the speed limit +5 in the left lane,,whats wrong with that. If someone wants to do 90 they can go around dont see why I have to deal with changing lanes to accommodate them and then get stuck behind some slow car...

Let the flames begin
thats too slow for left lane, you should be riding right lane since most of the time everyone on the right is going 5+mph while everyone in the left lane is going 15+.
and plus most states are enforcing right lane for slow cars, left lane for passing.

-'15 Accord Sport 6-speed
no mods
RIP-08 Accord lx-s 5speed manual/ tafetta white
mods
|DDM tuning 6k hids|12" Alpine Type-R|TSX switchblade|Lip spoiler|Type-R Suede red stitch boot|Gunmetal Type-R knob|
|Intake Resonator Delete|Hyper White led license plate led|led interior bulbs|Smoked Reverse lights|

Previous owned
-97 Acura 2.2CL auto/Flamenco Black
post #28 of 40 Old 09-25-2008, 12:51 PM
Go Black and Gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencrosbie View Post
That's a shame. There was a huge promotion of the new law back in 06 (I think) when it came out. I knew many people who got tickets on I 25 and I was happy to see it happen. I don't care how fast you are going, if you aren't passing, you need to be out of the lane. People who cruise out there cause people to pass on the right, which is illegal from what I understand.

It also causes road rage....so the ticket should reflect that.
I had to come out to Colorado a few times this summer and drove in on both I-76 and I-70 and I also took I-25 to Colorado Springs and those roads are fine. They must patrol those better because everyone only used the left lane to pass in those areas. Around where I live seems to be the only exception. The 75 MPH speed limit in the Colorado is nice too.

2011 Odyssey EX-L Smoky Topaz Metallic-Mom's
2010 Accord Crosstour EX-L 4WD NAVI White Diamond Pearl-Dad's
2008 Civic LX Coupe Alabaster Silver Metallic-Sister's
2006 Accord EX V6 Sedan Carbon Bronze Pearl-Future BIL's
2003 Accord EX V6 Sedan Desert Mist Metallic-Brother's
2002 Accord EX V6 Coupe San Marino Red-Mine

Gone But Not Forgotten
2002 Accord EX V6 Sedan Nighthawk Black Pearl
2000 Odyssey LX Dark Emerald Pearl
1996 Accord EX-L Sedan Heather Mist
post #29 of 40 Old 09-25-2008, 09:48 PM
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

Send a message via AIM to stiller fan Send a message via Yahoo to stiller fan Send a message via Skype™ to stiller fan
the 75mph speed limit is too slow in SD however.... been there done that.... JMHO.

there is nothing there.... 75mph is fast enough in colorado (80mph is only 5 over)...

current car: 2007 Honda Accord LX-SE 4dr 2.4 MT 17xk miles (slowly and gradually nursing her back to health)

prior vehicles:
2007 Honda Accord LX Coupe 2.4 MT (409k miles, RIP)
1999 Honda Accord coupe (197k, blown head gasket)
1993 Honda Accord (retired 369k)
post #30 of 40 Old 09-29-2008, 08:24 PM
On hiatus...

If you ain't passin', get the f**k over in the right lane!

2011 Pilot EX-L AWD
2010 Corolla LE
2008 Goldwing Navi
Advertisement

Tags
left lane, right lane

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.