TSB for 3rd Gear Grinds, Pop Outs, etc. - Page 5 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
post #61 of 72 Old 01-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Going Top Shelf FTW

Or the 10 Accord?

01 Supercharged Corvette
13 Rav4
16 MDX SH-AWD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Advertisement

post #62 of 72 Old 02-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Stayin Classy...

Send a message via AIM to StreetLethal100
Did you all have the work done on the transmission put under warantee? I have an 07 that doesnt have bumper to bumper any more but I still have the power train coverage. Will they do it under warrantee? If not, how much does it cost? Im glad I found this thread. Me and my best freind who just purchased (me 2007, him 2008) coupes have noticed this problem in the first week of having the cars. Ill try the new fluid maybe this weekend to see if that helps at all and will follow up if I talk to the dealer about fixing the problem.

post #63 of 72 Old 08-29-2013, 01:54 AM
1st Gear

I bought my car this past February, and have noticed this problem only a handful of times. Nothing major, just a couple times a month. I received all the records from the owner and I noticed that he took it in to a dealer and had them check the problem. They checked it and changed the fluid to the new MTF made by Honda. Of those who have had the work performed, how much did it cost? I work for Honda making the CRV and have been told that TSBs' are the owners' responsibility, not Honda's.

post #64 of 72 Old 08-29-2013, 02:28 AM
6th Gear

TSB 08-020 April 12, 2008 extract in bold below

Faulty 3rd gear synchronizer or 3-4 shift sleeve. Skill level R repair

Never had the TSB done. R&R stock 6M goo with GMSFM. The difficult shift to 3rd gear has never returned. not once.

ez

2005 Accord EX V-6 Coupe 6M
Taff. White;cargo net;7-24-05

'13 VW JETTA SPTWGN TDI 6M
Build date:03/12/2013 NO NAV
ZERO SUNROOF:CANDY WHITE

1982 VW Rab. Diesel Pickup 5M
Mojave Beige/ac/bedliner/alloys
(sold to restoration outfit)
post #65 of 72 Old 03-18-2014, 05:10 PM
1st Gear

So what good is the TSB, looks like you have to hunt down the people listed and hope they agree to help you out. I actually just had my car at the service center 2 weeks ago for the P/S hose recall and asked them to check it out, they said it was a worn cable lol. I have an 06 Accord, and ever since I had the recall done my car idles well above it used to 1500 RPMs and randomly spikes while I'm sitting in it. I may want to take it else where for the fix, if they feel I deserve it.
post #66 of 72 Old 03-18-2014, 05:16 PM
ready to go....

Send a message via AIM to princess
Service bulletins are NOT recalls & usually repairs aren't free. They're simply a possible short cut for diagnostics.
post #67 of 72 Old 05-05-2014, 09:25 AM
1st Gear

i had a 06 acura tL A-SPEC and had the problem with my 3rd gear like i presently do in my 04 honda accord V6 6 speed. i dumped the crappy honda oil, and added GM syncromesh and works flawlessly. i alos did this in my Acura and ran well for over 30K miles without one peep. i love a honda/ Acura more then anything but bottom line, the GM syncromesh is better, i dont understand how the fluid makes it that much better by changing it but it works and works wonders. honda never admits to alot of issues nor does any stealership. my advice for people, drain the old MTF, and add GM syncromesh, it feels so much smoother as well. well worth the $16 a quart. as for me i try to do all things like this on my own. besides, who can you really trust?
post #68 of 72 Old 09-22-2014, 10:15 AM
1st Gear

Just bought a 2006 Accord, and have occasionally seen the same 3rd gear pop-outs. Since there is no warranty left, I'm going to go with the fluid replacement. I found a write up for the 5 speed, but haven't been able to find one for the v6 6 speed. Is there one? Or any major differences?

I did read that I need AC Delco 10-4014, as they changed the part numbers. I'll be picking up a few quarts this week, and hope to do the fluid change this weekend.
post #69 of 72 Old 12-21-2014, 09:20 AM
1st Gear

Same thing just purchased an 07 v6 six speeds and had the 3rd gear pop out issue twice already in two days of ownership. I guess I'll have to change the tenant fluid. Grrrr
post #70 of 72 Old 02-06-2015, 09:51 PM
4th Gear

I want to buy a 8thgen accord v6 6 speed 2009 to 2011 8thgen do these have any grinds or tranny problems
post #71 of 72 Old 07-20-2015, 09:08 PM
1st Gear

I had the 3rd gear syncro done under warranty way back in 2008 on my 2006 Accord V6-6. Since then I have had no issues, but I did switch to the GM Syncromesh Friction Free at about 50K miles. Handed down this car to my son at around 60K. Long story short, he's been away at school for a few years and I lost track of the miles on the tranny fluid. He came home a few weeks ago and said his clutch pedal went to the floor (he is now at 101K). Bought some new GM fluid, put it in and no more problems. I guess I was lucky to get away with the old stuff for so long, but probably should have replaced it about 15K miles ago.

FuPeg
06 EX V6 6MT
06 EX V6 auto
12 A5
15 MDX
post #72 of 72 Old 07-21-2015, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuPeg View Post
I had the 3rd gear syncro done under warranty way back in 2008 on my 2006 Accord V6-6. Since then I have had no issues, but I did switch to the GM Syncromesh Friction Free at about 50K miles. Handed down this car to my son at around 60K. Long story short, he's been away at school for a few years and I lost track of the miles on the tranny fluid. He came home a few weeks ago and said his clutch pedal went to the floor (he is now at 101K). Bought some new GM fluid, put it in and no more problems. I guess I was lucky to get away with the old stuff for so long, but probably should have replaced it about 15K miles ago.
As much as I believe in the GM synchromesh fluid and use it in my Accord for the last 9 years and even in my summer German fun car for the last 3 years, the new GM synchro fluid could not possibly fix the clutch pedal issue in your (son's) Accord, the clutch pedal going to the floor is either the master or slave clutch cylinder hydraulic issue, the GM fluid in the transmission housing will NOT fix that problem.

It's like suggesting changing the tires rectified a brake issue, the two are physically close to each other in proximity, but totally unrelated.

That is unless you put the GM fluid in the clutch master cylinder reservoir because the level was low, if so then that's another problem since the GM fluid is not hydraulic fluid, DOT 3 or 4 brake fluid is required for clutch hydraulic system.

You likely have temporarily restored the clutch operation when you pulled the clutch pedal back up and changed the transmission fluid at the same time, but the two are unrelated, I predict whatever the real cause of this clutch problem is will soon return.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.