2014 Accord Hybrid Oil Filter - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 04-30-2014, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

2014 Accord Hybrid Oil Filter

Does anyone know the part number for the oil filter for the Accord Hybrid? Perhaps the same as the other 4 cyl engine? How about the crush washer? Are the OEM filters superior to aftermarket? (probably going to get many responses to that question).

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L - Modern Steel Metallic - Homelink Hardwire - Hybrid Touring LED Headlights (Gas Sipper)
2008 Subaru STI (Gas Guzzler)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 04-30-2014, 08:32 PM
1st Gear

You can check here:

post #3 of 18 Old 04-30-2014, 09:10 PM
on2
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEye View Post
Does anyone know the part number for the oil filter for the Accord Hybrid? Perhaps the same as the other 4 cyl engine? How about the crush washer? Are the OEM filters superior to aftermarket? (probably going to get many responses to that question).
Probably the same as most of Honda's 4 cylinder oil filters.

Yes, the OEM oil filter is superior to most other oil filters. There are several reviews/comparisons on

post #4 of 18 Old 04-30-2014, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

I am seeing different part numbers on different Honda OEM sites. 15400-PLM-A01 and 15400-PLM-A02.

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L - Modern Steel Metallic - Homelink Hardwire - Hybrid Touring LED Headlights (Gas Sipper)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 18 Old 04-30-2014, 10:23 PM
1st Gear

See this web site for an explanation of A01 and A02.

Same filter that Honda has used for several generations.
post #6 of 18 Old 05-01-2014, 07:21 AM
2014 V6 EXL Sedan

I don't think the OEM oil filter is "superior" to all other aftermarkets, and as shown above, one of the models is actually kinda sucky and basically just a FRAM.

I buy Purolator PureOne filters for less than 5 bucks apiece with an AAP coupon. They easily exceed the OEM Honda blue. Even the white "regular" Purolators that you can get at WalMart for like 3.27 or whatever are fine. Actually lots of cars drive on the "horrible" Frams with their "cardboard end caps" and such, and we still don't hear about engines seizing up due to poor oil filtration. Geek out if you want, but also don't be beholden to the magical properties of the OEM Honda filter (there are no magical properties)
post #7 of 18 Old 05-01-2014, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

I have Pure One 14610's for my wife's CR-V, looks like that might work!?

post #8 of 18 Old 05-01-2014, 07:57 AM
2014 V6 EXL Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEye View Post
I have Pure One 14610's for my wife's CR-V, looks like that might work!?
Yep I believe PL14610 is the one. I think all Hondas use the same (I might be wrong on that "ALL" so don't quote me on that, but I know my Odyssey and Accord both use the same, and you said CRV too....)
post #9 of 18 Old 05-01-2014, 10:22 AM
CM6
RIP my Acorn

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyV6 View Post
I think all Hondas use the same
Yep, everything except for the S2000!

2006 Accord V6 6MT 4D - TOTALED
Carbon Bronze

2014 Ford Focus ST 6MT 5D
Spirit Blue
post #10 of 18 Old 05-01-2014, 11:21 AM
Even My Mower Is a Honda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM6 View Post
Yep, everything except for the S2000!
Even my 1984 Honda Magna V45 had a filter that would "fit" my current Hondas. Not sure about the internals tho. Same oil filter wrench worked on both.

Jay

2013 Accord EX Sedan - 2.4L/Stick - Alabaster Silver
2013 Odyssey EX-L - 3.5L/5-Speed Auto - Taffeta White over Truffle
2008 Royal Star Venture - 1300cc - Very Dark Red/Black Metallic
post #11 of 18 Old 05-01-2014, 12:05 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyV6 View Post
I buy Purolator PureOne filters for less than 5 bucks apiece with an AAP coupon. They easily exceed the OEM Honda blue. Even the white "regular" Purolators that you can get at WalMart for like 3.27 or whatever are fine. Actually lots of cars drive on the "horrible" Frams with their "cardboard end caps" and such, and we still don't hear about engines seizing up due to poor oil filtration. Geek out if you want, but also don't be beholden to the magical properties of the OEM Honda filter (there are no magical properties)
Did you read this Thread?

Honda Accord hybrid '07
without NAVI Silver 198k miles - sold
Honda Accord Touring '13 MSM
post #12 of 18 Old 05-01-2014, 12:37 PM
2014 V6 EXL Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drozzin View Post
Did you read this Thread?
Not until now.....

mehhhh, I read one of the 5 page BITOGs referenced. I kinda say "whatever" to this. So a few BITOGers who have sawed open their filters are convinced that there are small tears in the fabric. Okay. As someone posted on that thread, they did an oil analysis even after their "torn" filter and it showed nothing wrong. So maybe 2% of the oil is "escaping" the filter and going around the loop again, and "dangerous unfiltered oil" is present in the system. Call the President - we have a national emergency! And I'm not convinced that all these tears are happening in every Purolator filter anyway.

Did you watch the news last night? By definition they told you at least 3 things that are predicted to kill or harm you or that you should be afraid of.

I bought 4 PureOnes from AAP last time and I will be happily using them. I'm not going to go crazy and return them for a Fram just because a few people on BITOG believe there are micro-tears. If it is proven to be a real issue or there is a recall then sure I will consider the other options.
post #13 of 18 Old 05-01-2014, 12:45 PM
5th Gear

Well, STEye, as mentioned above regarding Purolator filters, the entire line of Purolator filters including the PureOne has become the subject of concern. See, e.g.:

On the other hand, Wix oil filters (also sold as NAPA Gold) have consistently done exceptionally well over many years. See, e.g.,

Still another choice is Fram's Ultra, XG7317 (not to be confused with any other Fram fiter) is an excellent filter.

Finally, if you are determined to buy a Honda filter, the A01, manufactured for Honda by the Filtech Corporation is the better choice.
post #14 of 18 Old 05-01-2014, 12:51 PM
Even My Mower Is a Honda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
Well, STEye, as mentioned above regarding Purolator filters, the entire line of Purolator filters including the PureOne has become the subject of concern. See, e.g.:

On the other hand, Wix oil filters (also sold as NAPA Gold) have consistently done exceptional well over many years. See, e.g.,

Still another choice is Fram's Ultra, XG7317 (not to be confused with any other Fram fiter) is an excellent filter.

In 1923, American inventors Bobby Evans devised an automotive oil filter and called it the Purolator, a portmanteau of "pure oil later".[1] This was a bypass filter: most of the oil flowed directly from the oil pan to the engine's working parts, and a smaller proportion of the oil was sent through the filter via a second flow path in parallel with the first.

Maybe they are just returning to their roots?

I wish my biggest worry was oil filters, I really do!

Jay

2013 Accord EX Sedan - 2.4L/Stick - Alabaster Silver
2013 Odyssey EX-L - 3.5L/5-Speed Auto - Taffeta White over Truffle
2008 Royal Star Venture - 1300cc - Very Dark Red/Black Metallic
post #15 of 18 Old 05-01-2014, 12:59 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfreek View Post
. . . I wish my biggest worry was oil filters, I really do! Jay
Jay, my biggest worry is the forthcoming end of quantitative easing. Oil filters, ppm of moly, the selling price of the Z06, are all a pleasant distraction.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.