Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT Modern Steel Metallic - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
12Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 01-18-2018, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
REV29K

Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT Modern Steel Metallic

Picked up my car today, here are the obligatory pics from the dealership, along with one I took when I got back to work. All taken with my iPhone, hope to get some better shots this weekend.

5 miles on the odometer (after the dealer put gas in it).

2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
2017 CR-V Touring
2002 S2000
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 01-18-2018, 06:11 PM
Don't drink and drive

Garage
Congrats. Looks great.

S2k_Dude likes this.

2005 Honda Accord V6 - 179k

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Ordinary people have big TVs. Extraordinary people have big libraries." - Robin Sharma
post #3 of 25 Old 01-18-2018, 07:51 PM
1st Gear

Food for thought.... I have the same color but Touring and put on this front grille.
Attached Images

2018 Accord Touring 2.0T

Previous Hondas:

1982 Accord LX Hatchback 3AT (right side mirror was a dealer installed accessory)
1986 Accord LX-i Sedan 5MT (My favorite Honda I've owned)
1992 Accord EX Coupe 5MT (leather was installed by the dealer back then)

Fun fact: Back in the late 1980s I was the West Coast Editor for Honda Car Owners Society (was a club/newsletter) and I routinely got press cars from American Honda, including the first Acura Legend and Integra, and 4WS Prelude.

post #4 of 25 Old 01-18-2018, 08:16 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2k_Dude View Post
Picked up my car today, here are the obligatory pics from the dealership, along with one I took when I got back to work. All taken with my iPhone, hope to get some better shots this weekend.

5 miles on the odometer (after the dealer put gas in it).

Looks dope. Cant wait to get mine 2.0 Sport!

Apple Fanatic
post #5 of 25 Old 01-18-2018, 09:53 PM
1st Gear

Congrats s2k!
Modern steel metallic nlooks great!
I initially got my 1.5 from another dealer here in Atlanta but ended up trading it in to gwinnett place Honda for the EXL 2.0.
They are georgias #1 volume dealer so they are definitely able to bend the book a bit further than the other dealers.
This was my family's second purchase from them as well.
I'm sure you got a great deal
S2k_Dude likes this.

=================
Black 2018 Accord EX-L 2.0
post #6 of 25 Old 01-19-2018, 01:56 AM
1st Gear

Car looks great!! How do you like it so far? I ordered the same exact trim and color and cannot wait to pick it up tomorrow morning
post #7 of 25 Old 01-19-2018, 01:59 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaguyinla View Post
Food for thought.... I have the same color but Touring and put on this front grille.
I was thinking about putting this grille on once I get my sport. I think it looks better than the brushed chrome. How hard was the install??
post #8 of 25 Old 01-19-2018, 02:59 AM
2nd Gear

Congrats S2k! are you doing the black grille?
post #9 of 25 Old 01-19-2018, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
REV29K

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacodibango View Post
Congrats s2k!
Modern steel metallic nlooks great!
I initially got my 1.5 from another dealer here in Atlanta but ended up trading it in to gwinnett place Honda for the EXL 2.0.
They are georgias #1 volume dealer so they are definitely able to bend the book a bit further than the other dealers.
This was my family's second purchase from them as well.
I'm sure you got a great deal
No other dealer could get close to the price I got (a few hundred under invoice), I was surprised as GP Honda typically hasn't been very competitive when I was shopping for previous purchases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trav_falz View Post
Car looks great!! How do you like it so far? I ordered the same exact trim and color and cannot wait to pick it up tomorrow morning
I really like the car and the 10AT, I test drove the 6MT and for my needs the 10AT is just a better fit along with being a great match for the 2.0T engine. I really like the looks of the car, although the way the front is with so much black is something I need to get used to, I like the front end of the 2017 a little better. However, this car drives like a dream. My only issue was in the short time I've been behind the wheel, I still haven't found the perfect seating position, seemed like it was easier to find on the couple test drives. It shouldn't be an issue though, unless my wife jumps in and changes the seat once I get it just right. One feature I would have liked to have was memory seating position, anytime there are power seats, the mfr really needs to include that.

Quote:
I was thinking about putting this grille on once I get my sport. I think it looks better than the brushed chrome. How hard was the install??
It's the same grill that comes on the Accord Sport, Honda puts the black chrome grill on from the factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmatter View Post
Congrats S2k! are you doing the black grille?
See above.

2017 CR-V Touring
2002 S2000
post #10 of 25 Old 01-19-2018, 05:54 AM
#SaveTheManuals

Quote:

It's the same grill that comes on the Accord Sport, Honda puts the black chrome grill on from the factory.

See above.
for the record...the optional black grille is NOT the same grille that comes stock on the Sport...unfortunately, people keep calling the optional grille the "Sport Grille" which only causes further confusion...

the factory grilles are either Chrome (all non-sport trims) or "Black Chrome" (sport trim) uni-brows that run all the way across....

the OPTIONAL grille is piano black, with either a chrome or black chrome accent piece in the center...look at the picture posted by hondaguyinla

1994 Mustang GT Laser Red Metallic
Born on March 4, 1994 1 of 1,393
Bassani: Cat-Back, x pipe & headers, Edelbrock Intake Manifold, FMS: 65mm TB, Cobra Trac-LOK w/3.73s, B-springs, Pro-M 80mm MAF, CAI, KYB shocks/struts, Maximum Motorsports chassis brace package & c/c plates, Cobra R wheels 17x9f/17x10.5r
Soon: CHP 347 w/AFR heads, and FTI custom cam

2003 Honda Civic LX Sedan Satin Silver Metallic
Cold Air Intake

2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0 MT San Marino Red
KTuner
post #11 of 25 Old 01-19-2018, 05:57 AM
1st Gear

Yeah I deff agree memory seating would be great. Luckily not too many people will be getting behind the wheel except me. And same thing here when it came to test driving it. Dealership only had the 6 speed which I loved but commuting into nyc everyday with a ton of traffic isn’t much fun with a manual. Deff glad to hear you’re liking the car. Do you have anything planned to do to it?
post #12 of 25 Old 01-19-2018, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
REV29K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metfanant View Post
for the record...the optional black grille is NOT the same grille that comes stock on the Sport...unfortunately, people keep calling the optional grille the "Sport Grille" which only causes further confusion...

the factory grilles are either Chrome (all non-sport trims) or "Black Chrome" (sport trim) uni-brows that run all the way across....

the OPTIONAL grille is piano black, with either a chrome or black chrome accent piece in the center...look at the picture posted by hondaguyinla
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm happy with the Black Chrome grill so I have no plans to change it out.

Quote:
Yeah I deff agree memory seating would be great. Luckily not too many people will be getting behind the wheel except me. And same thing here when it came to test driving it. Dealership only had the 6 speed which I loved but commuting into nyc everyday with a ton of traffic isn’t much fun with a manual. Deff glad to hear you’re liking the car. Do you have anything planned to do to it?
There are a few things on my list, I may or may not get around to adding the following:

1) Homelink/Auto dimming mirror
2) Upgrade factory speakers, and possibly a sub woofer
3) Maybe upgrade High Beams to LED bulbs (inexpensive upgrade)
4) Add the mesh grill mod (another thread on here I am following)
5) Already ordered the OEM all weather mats ($122 online)
6) Paint protection film for the front end (going to make an appointment today)
7) Last but not least, footwell lighting if I really want to go crazy

2017 CR-V Touring
2002 S2000
post #13 of 25 Old 01-19-2018, 07:22 AM
#SaveTheManuals

Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm happy with the Black Chrome grill so I have no plans to change it out.

There are a few things on my list, I may or may not get around to adding the following:

1) Homelink/Auto dimming mirror
2) Upgrade factory speakers, and possibly a sub woofer
3) Maybe upgrade High Beams to LED bulbs (inexpensive upgrade)
4) Add the mesh grill mod (another thread on here I am following)
5) Already ordered the OEM all weather mats ($122 online)
6) Paint protection film for the front end (going to make an appointment today)
7) Last but not least, footwell lighting if I really want to go crazy
I was actually confused about it at first too, until i got a better look at the optional grille...Honda's website does a terrible job of explaining it. Many people call it the "Sport Grille" and I think A LOT of people think thats what they are getting...but its actually quite different
S2k_Dude likes this.

1994 Mustang GT Laser Red Metallic
Born on March 4, 1994 1 of 1,393
Bassani: Cat-Back, x pipe & headers, Edelbrock Intake Manifold, FMS: 65mm TB, Cobra Trac-LOK w/3.73s, B-springs, Pro-M 80mm MAF, CAI, KYB shocks/struts, Maximum Motorsports chassis brace package & c/c plates, Cobra R wheels 17x9f/17x10.5r
Soon: CHP 347 w/AFR heads, and FTI custom cam

2003 Honda Civic LX Sedan Satin Silver Metallic
Cold Air Intake

2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0 MT San Marino Red
KTuner
post #14 of 25 Old 01-19-2018, 07:50 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Very easy the dealer did it as i took delivery.

2018 Accord Touring 2.0T

Previous Hondas:

1982 Accord LX Hatchback 3AT (right side mirror was a dealer installed accessory)
1986 Accord LX-i Sedan 5MT (My favorite Honda I've owned)
1992 Accord EX Coupe 5MT (leather was installed by the dealer back then)

Fun fact: Back in the late 1980s I was the West Coast Editor for Honda Car Owners Society (was a club/newsletter) and I routinely got press cars from American Honda, including the first Acura Legend and Integra, and 4WS Prelude.

post #15 of 25 Old 01-20-2018, 05:20 AM Thread Starter
REV29K

After less than two days of ownership, I am taking my car back to the dealership for some cosmetic scratches I've found in about 5 places on the car. It's hard to see everything during delivery, luckily it was warm enough to wash the car yesterday. I had asked the dealer to do a minimum PDI, leave all the plastic on the car, and not to wash the car, I would do everything myself. Well, they still did 95% of their PDI and only left a few bits of plastic on the car, but they didn't wash the car so I wasn't going to complain too much. So upon closer inspection, there are places where I found lots of cosmetic scratches on the car. Like a friend of my once said, "It's only new once."

So I'm off to the dealer this morning for them to look at the following:

1) Scratches on passenger side rear wheel, probably during transport or PDI.

2) Scratches on driver side bright metal door trim, looks like someone with a ring on kept grabbing the doo frame.

3) Scratch on rear view mirror, something I'll see every time I look at the mirror, maybe the guy who tinted the windows accidentally caught the mirror with his razor knife.

4) Scratches on passenger side glossy black b-pillar, the gloss black is so easy to scratch, probably during transport of during PDI.

5) Scratches on driver side rear door trim, again probably when the guy did the window tinting.

I think the car had zero cosmetic defects when it left the factory, and I did inspect the car prior to the PDI, and before I drove it off the lot, it's just hard to find everything.

2017 CR-V Touring
2002 S2000
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.