Join Date: Dec 2017
location: Road Atlanta, GA
Thanked 36 Times in 27 Posts
After less than two days of ownership, I am taking my car back to the dealership for some cosmetic scratches I've found in about 5 places on the car. It's hard to see everything during delivery, luckily it was warm enough to wash the car yesterday. I had asked the dealer to do a minimum PDI, leave all the plastic on the car, and not to wash the car, I would do everything myself. Well, they still did 95% of their PDI and only left a few bits of plastic on the car, but they didn't wash the car so I wasn't going to complain too much. So upon closer inspection, there are places where I found lots of cosmetic scratches on the car. Like a friend of my once said, "It's only new once."
So I'm off to the dealer this morning for them to look at the following:
1) Scratches on passenger side rear wheel, probably during transport or PDI.
2) Scratches on driver side bright metal door trim, looks like someone with a ring on kept grabbing the doo frame.
3) Scratch on rear view mirror, something I'll see every time I look at the mirror, maybe the guy who tinted the windows accidentally caught the mirror with his razor knife.
4) Scratches on passenger side glossy black b-pillar, the gloss black is so easy to scratch, probably during transport of during PDI.
5) Scratches on driver side rear door trim, again probably when the guy did the window tinting.
I think the car had zero cosmetic defects when it left the factory, and I did inspect the car prior to the PDI, and before I drove it off the lot, it's just hard to find everything.
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
2017 CR-V Touring