2001 Honda Accord replaced Fuel Pump, still won't start - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 12-15-2010, 03:36 AM Thread Starter
My First Post

Unhappy 2001 Honda Accord replaced Fuel Pump, still won't start

I love my 01 Accord Ex coupe but lately issues are starting to arise. I have not been hearing my fuel pump "kick on" so I have had to "prime it" with carb cleaner in intake to start it a couple of times. Bought and installed new fuel pump yesterday. It is still not cranking and you can not hear the fuel pump "turn on" when you turn the key on. I have power to the plug going into the fuel pump. I checked the fuse on driver's side panel for the fuel pump and it is good. I don't know what else it could be. Now I am wondering if my fuel pump was even bad to begin with, or if its something else.The battery is fine, fuse is fine, plug is fine,I don't kow what else to check for. Is there also a relay for the fuel pump or anything else that I am missing?

Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-15-2010, 05:20 AM

There is a main relay that often goes bad.

2007 EX-L 4DR
post #3 of 5 Old 12-15-2010, 06:57 AM
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

Send a message via AIM to stiller fan Send a message via Yahoo to stiller fan Send a message via Skype™ to stiller fan
on the 98-02 accords, the main fuel relay could go bad when it's cold outside.... whereas the older accords use to do it when hot....

i know this cause i had to have mine replaced as well...

current car: 2007 Honda Accord LX-SE 4dr 2.4 MT 20xk miles (slowly and gradually nursing her back to health)

prior vehicles:
2007 Honda Accord LX Coupe 2.4 MT (409k miles, RIP)
1999 Honda Accord coupe (197k, blown head gasket)
1993 Honda Accord (retired 369k)

post #4 of 5 Old 08-05-2011, 01:01 PM
1st Gear

I had the same issues with the same make and model. On very hot days, the hot interior of the car causes the solder to seperate in the fuel pump (main relay). If youre semi-handy, its about a 1 hour job at about 20-40 dollars. I have a post pertaining to this issue on this site. It will tell you how to replace the relay. I think you can search posts by "poster" or member name.

Hope this helps
post #5 of 5 Old 08-06-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottn4 View Post
I think you can search posts by "poster" or member name.
Click on your user name. Then click user posts.

How do I remove the fuel pump relay from its socket?
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.