Apple CarPlay issues - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
2Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 47 Old 01-25-2018, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Apple CarPlay issues

I have had my 2.0 Touring for just over a month and ran into my first issue yesterday. For some reason my Apple CarPlay would not engage when I plugged my iPhone into it. I rebooted the iPhone and nothing so I searched the ownerís manual. The only thing I could find was to go into Settings, System and do a Factory Data Reset. I could not find any other options to just reboot the vehicleís system. That worked but then I had to set up my Sirius stations, sound settings, navigations places, etc. I thought everything was good until my drive home from work where it locked up on a phone call and I could not hang up by just pushing the red end circle. So, I did another reset. I guess itís time for a visit to the dealer but my question is this.

Is there another reboot option that does not reset all settings?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Advertisement

post #2 of 47 Old 01-25-2018, 04:13 PM
1st Gear

I am just a lurker (and don't own a 2018 accord), but I would try pressing and holding the power button (volume knob) for a few seconds. I thought i read that was a way to reboot the head unit in a Honda, but it may have been in my Civic Si research.

Edit: It couldn't have been the Si - since it doesn't have a volume knob!

post #3 of 47 Old 01-25-2018, 04:40 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMcWilliams View Post
I have had my 2.0 Touring for just over a month and ran into my first issue yesterday. For some reason my Apple CarPlay would not engage when I plugged my iPhone into it. I rebooted the iPhone and nothing so I searched the ownerís manual. The only thing I could find was to go into Settings, System and do a Factory Data Reset. I could not find any other options to just reboot the vehicleís system. That worked but then I had to set up my Sirius stations, sound settings, navigations places, etc. I thought everything was good until my drive home from work where it locked up on a phone call and I could not hang up by just pushing the red end circle. So, I did another reset. I guess itís time for a visit to the dealer but my question is this.

Is there another reboot option that does not reset all settings?

See the thread regarding Apple CarPlay issues in the Audio, Electronics & Lighting forum. Hereís something I came across while searching the web regarding this issue.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MaximusW For This Useful Post:
normanfox (02-04-2018), rmayer71 (02-03-2018), SDMcWilliams (01-25-2018)

post #4 of 47 Old 01-25-2018, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusW View Post
See the thread regarding Apple CarPlay issues in the Audio, Electronics & Lighting forum. Hereís something I came across while searching the web regarding this issue.

Thank you. I do not get that message but I will look for that thread.

MaximusW likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to SDMcWilliams For This Useful Post:
rmayer71 (02-03-2018)
post #5 of 47 Old 01-25-2018, 04:56 PM
3rd Gear

I get that message, and I am using an iPhone 6. Trying to keep this old phone for a while longer, but getting so frustrated with it being slow (replacing the battery soon). I have to unplug sometimes a few times before it works.
post #6 of 47 Old 01-25-2018, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb998 View Post
I get that message, and I am using an iPhone 6. Trying to keep this old phone for a while longer, but getting so frustrated with it being slow (replacing the battery soon). I have to unplug sometimes a few times before it works.

I do not get that message. Mine just doesnít work. I have an iPhone 7.

post #7 of 47 Old 01-25-2018, 05:15 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Thank you. I do not get that message but I will look for that thread.

I have an iPhone X and the message that Iím seeing is the one in the Tech Summary. What message are you seeing?
post #8 of 47 Old 01-25-2018, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusW View Post
I have an iPhone X and the message that Iím seeing is the one in the Tech Summary. What message are you seeing?

I do not get any message. It just doesnít work. The smartphone button on the screen does not change to Apple CarPlay and the CarPlay screen doesnít come up on my iPhone. When I reset it works again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #9 of 47 Old 01-25-2018, 06:34 PM
REV29K

IMO, CarPlay is just plain buggy. If you talk to drivers of other car brands, they see the same issues with iPhones. The problems don't seem to be worse or better with any particular model of iPhone.

2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
2017 CR-V Touring
2002 S2000
The Following User Says Thank You to S2k_Dude For This Useful Post:
shaggy3 (Yesterday)
post #10 of 47 Old 01-25-2018, 09:27 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2k_Dude View Post
IMO, CarPlay is just plain buggy. If you talk to drivers of other car brands, they see the same issues with iPhones. The problems don't seem to be worse or better with any particular model of iPhone.

Our Kia Sedona doesnít have these problems with CarPlay...but itís crazy buggy on my Accord with both my wifeís iPhone and mine.

I get the message: ďthis device is not compatible with CarPlayĒ or ďunable to connect to smartphoneĒ quite often in my Accord. But never my wifeís Sedona. The funny part is that sometimes it works with the error message.

Name: IMG_3133.jpg
Views: 520
Size: 27.6 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #11 of 47 Old 01-26-2018, 04:54 AM
1st Gear

I had the same problem once. The way I was able to fix was to remove the bluetooth pairing from Honda,
then go to phone -> settings -> CarPlay and remove the Honda connection.

Hopefully you can just re-setup CarPlay.
The Following User Says Thank You to ekohn For This Useful Post:
MaximusW (01-26-2018)
post #12 of 47 Old 01-27-2018, 06:02 AM
1st Gear

I have an iPhone 6S plus and I have issues all the time ... sometimes it just disconnects. Ill google and see if there is a place on apples website so we can all send feedback to

Ok ... Maybe try this :

- - - Before you connect your phone - - -

On your iPhone --> Settings --> General ó> CarPlay

Delete/forget all profiles

In Honda --> Settings --> Connections --> smartphone connections --> Apple (CarPlay)

Delete the entry for my phone

Connect iPhone via USB

It should connect again and hit enable

I had multiple profiles in the iPhone CarPlay ... Fingers crossed this helps some.

Also check for VPN

Some people say this helps but I didnít have a VPN profile on my phone.

Settings --> General --> VPN and remove the VPN profile.

Last edited by namegoeshere; 02-04-2018 at 12:22 AM. Reason: merge
post #13 of 47 Old 01-27-2018, 12:02 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by capth4u View Post
Ok ... Maybe try this :

- - - Before you connect your phone - - -

On your iPhone --> Settings --> General ó> CarPlay

Delete/forget all profiles

In Honda --> Settings --> Connections --> smartphone connections --> Apple (CarPlay)

Delete the entry for my phone

Connect iPhone via USB

It should connect again and hit enable

I had multiple profiles in the iPhone CarPlay ... Fingers crossed this helps some.

Also check for VPN

Some people say this helps but I didnít have a VPN profile on my phone.

Settings --> General --> VPN and remove the VPN profile.
Iíve had the same error message. Tried this suggestion and still have the same problem.

Iím not sure how long people have had this problem, but it just showed up for me a couple of days ago. I just upgraded to latest version of ios 11 last week. Iím wondering if the new iOS version Isnt playing with the Honda infotainment center. I did notice there was a ďfixĒ for another carplay issue in this iOS update, and Iím wondering if thatís what could be causing our issue.
post #14 of 47 Old 01-30-2018, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

I have had it lock up (no error message) 3 times in 1 week. All 3 times occurred while on a phone call. It will lock up, my radio will kick back on and then it connects via Bluetooth. So, I tried to remove the CarPlay profile from my iPhone and then removed it from my Honda. I plugged it in and nothing. I turned the car off and let it sit for an hour and still nothing. So, factory data reset for the 3rd time, enter all of my SiriusXM presets again, navigation saved places again, etc. What a pain! Time to visit the dealer, I guess.

post #15 of 47 Old 01-30-2018, 05:31 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
I have had it lock up (no error message) 3 times in 1 week. All 3 times occurred while on a phone call. It will lock up, my radio will kick back on and then it connects via Bluetooth. So, I tried to remove the CarPlay profile from my iPhone and then removed it from my Honda. I plugged it in and nothing. I turned the car off and let it sit for an hour and still nothing. So, factory data reset for the 3rd time, enter all of my SiriusXM presets again, navigation saved places again, etc. What a pain! Time to visit the dealer, I guess.

Iím sorry to hear about all of the troubles youíve experienced with CarPlay. Iíve only had to perform a factory reset once and it was a pain setting everything up again. Good luck getting your issue resolved.

The Following User Says Thank You to MaximusW For This Useful Post:
SDMcWilliams (01-30-2018)
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.