No posted speed limit with navigation - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 01-12-2018, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

No posted speed limit with navigation

I have the 2018 Accord Touring 2.0T but am irritated by not having the posted speed limit show in the navigation display. The traffic sign recognition capability is helpful but is useless during snow or other poor visibility events.

The navigation manual has a picture with the speed limit displayed in the lower left side. My understanding is that this is a map layer which displays the info if it is available.

Just made a 2,000 mile trip and it never displayed. The tech at the Honda dealer says it is a Garmin software problem; Garmin tech says it is a Honda hardware problem.

Do others have this issue? Any thoughts? Could there be a traffic sign recognition override?

Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-16-2018, 06:19 PM
1st Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobW View Post
I have the 2018 Accord Touring 2.0T but am irritated by not having the posted speed limit show in the navigation display. The traffic sign recognition capability is helpful but is useless during snow or other poor visibility events.

The navigation manual has a picture with the speed limit displayed in the lower left side. My understanding is that this is a map layer which displays the info if it is available.

Just made a 2,000 mile trip and it never displayed. The tech at the Honda dealer says it is a Garmin software problem; Garmin tech says it is a Honda hardware problem.

Do others have this issue? Any thoughts? Could there be a traffic sign recognition override?

That's funny you mentioned this. We have the same Accord that we purchased on December 30th. Last weekend, we test drove one of the '17 Pilot Elites they had discounted on their lot and noticed it displayed the speed on the map like you're talking about and we went on and on about how we wished our Accord would do that.

So, it sounds like Honda and Garmin are telling you it should, but it's the other's problem? I'd love to see a fix to this for the very reasons you're stating! I'll have to ask our service manager tomorrow if he knows anything about this or who might.

post #3 of 6 Old 01-16-2018, 07:15 PM
Out of Control

Garage
I swear someone posted something on this very issue not too long ago, but I can't find it now.

2007 Accord SE sedan; I-4 automatic

post #4 of 6 Old Yesterday, 10:06 AM
1st Gear

I posted about it. I contacted Honda, they were unaware of the issue. I'll contact them again. Yesterday mine displayed the speed limit was 100mph! It was 65.
The Following User Says Thank You to thomasr1950 For This Useful Post:
Coppertone (Yesterday)
post #5 of 6 Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasr1950 View Post
........Yesterday mine displayed the speed limit was 100mph!
The cop is not gonna buy that.

2008 Coupe V6
post #6 of 6 Old Yesterday, 08:01 PM
1st Gear

Mine did the same and the speed limit was actually 35 lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.