OEM LED Footwell Lighting Stinks! - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-11-2018, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

OEM LED Footwell Lighting Stinks!

When I bought my Accord, I got the OEM Footwell kit. They are white lights that are supposed to lightup the footwell area when dark. Well, I can tell everyone, don't bother. They are soo dim, you can barely see them. I have my inside brightness all the way up too. When you open the doors, they light up way brighter, so, they are capable, but, when driving they are just too dark. Major disappointment. Also, I did some research and see this is a common issue with the Factory Kit. Prior generations of Red or Blue footwell kits had a Dark cover over the LED and there are videos online of people pulling the cover off and drilling out the black cap. After seeing that, I though I would try it. I got the LED disconnected (Which btw was a pain because it is held in by one tiny screw). The plastic cap that covers the LED is clear unfortunately. I still drilled it out hoping it would help, but, it made no difference at all. So, either I live with it or I have to go aftermarket and pay someone to install as I cannot do it. So, warning to anyone looking for this accessory...Don't buy from Honda.

Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-11-2018, 03:07 PM
Capth4u

Maybe change the bulb to a brighter/more LED’s on the bulb

post #3 of 7 Old 01-11-2018, 03:50 PM
2018 Touring 2.0T

Wow. Thanks for the input. I was also considering the light kit. When I was discussing all the optional accessories I wanted to add, the service rep told me not to bother. That it was too dim. I had a Ford Explorer that had the lighting kit, and it was great. Thanks for the heads up.

post #4 of 7 Old 01-12-2018, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capth4u View Post
Maybe change the bulb to a brighter/more LED’s on the bulb
There really is no bulb to change. It's an odd part. I could buy the OEM Red Ambient light from a prior year and not use the black cover, but, no guarantee it will be better. And, they cost like $90 or same price as the entire kit with harness. Overall, it was just a waste.
post #5 of 7 Old 01-12-2018, 12:20 PM
Vendor

If you want the brightest one, you can install the extra LED bar on the footwell area.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-12-2018, 01:12 PM
Mechanical Stig

Buy the LEDglow interior kit, I have them on my cars and they are nice.

2017 Honda Odyssey TE - VCмuzzleг - OEM Footwell LED Mod - Rear LED Reflectors - H&R Springs - Rear Airlift Kit -
2017 Honda Accord EX-L
2014 Honda Civic EX-L
2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L (USDM AF!) VCмuzzleг - Catless Downpipe/Pre Cat Deletes - Third Cat Delete - Ported Runners - Custom K&N SRI With Cold Air Scoop - TB Coolant Bypass - Thermal Gaskets - BC Coilovers - Dyno Tuned -
The Following User Says Thank You to MrRangerZr1 For This Useful Post:
mmeads (01-15-2018)
post #7 of 7 Old 01-19-2018, 03:52 PM
Vendor

Some of owner use this method, so they basically remove the plastic cover on the OEM LED light.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.