Front parking sensors randomly go off when stopped at a lights - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
6Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 02-13-2018, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Front parking sensors randomly go off when stopped at a lights

Been driving my car for a couple of days now and today the front parking sensors randomly go off when stopped at a lights. Nothing is moving or coming close. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks

BackPressure likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to NK1109 For This Useful Post:
BackPressure (02-16-2018)
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 02-13-2018, 07:43 PM
1st Gear

Yes, and for my 2.0t touring it seems to be related to drips/melting snow. When I park and wipe off the sensors I do not have the problem. Not good as it has been a particularly snowy winter with variable temperatures that go into the 30's and lots of slush that gets kicked up.

post #3 of 26 Old 02-13-2018, 07:51 PM
3rd Gear

Has happened a few times, usually when it's snowing or slush on the roads. Then it happened today while stopped at a light in traffic. Dry and sunny day, and the car was washed earlier on as well so I know it wasn't dirty. It kept warning me an object was approaching and indicating from the passenger front. Dead stop in traffic so not sure what was triggering it.

2018 Accord 2.0T Touring. Platinum White

post #4 of 26 Old 02-14-2018, 03:31 AM
1st Gear

I'm seeing this on my 2.0 Touring. I'm in Florida (so no snow) and its usually at a light with cars next to me. Seems kinda random.
post #5 of 26 Old 02-14-2018, 03:36 AM
1st Gear

I also live in Florida and see this often while stopped at a light. Clean car. I have the 1.5 Touring.
post #6 of 26 Old 02-14-2018, 05:30 AM
1st Gear

Happens on my touring as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
post #7 of 26 Old 02-14-2018, 06:21 AM
1st Gear

Garage
Same here. The first couple of times I saw this happen it was snowy and the car had gotten dirty so I assumed it was this. Another time, it wasn't slushy/snowy out, but it was really really cold and the truck's exhaust in front of my car was coming out heavy so I assumed it was picking up on that. Since then though, it's happened randomly at stop lights and I'm not positive why. My previous Odyssey had front sensors and I don't recall them ever doing this, even in poor weather. I put in a couple of support tickets for a couple other ticks with my car, but forgot about this one. I think I'll make note of it with Honda.

Kim

'18 Accord Touring 2.0T Platinum White Pearl
'16 Accord Sport Sedan Basque Red Pearl

Previous (Honda only between my husband and I)

'16 Odyssey Elite White Diamond Pearl
'15 Civic Si Sedan Orange Fire Pearl
'13 Accord Sport Sedan Obsidian Blue Pearl
'12 Odyssey Touring Elite Modern Steel Metallic
'09 Accord EX-L Sedan Alabaster Silver
'06 CRV LX AWD Alabaster Silver
'98 Civic LX Sedan Inza Red Pearl

Yep, we have a car problem!
post #8 of 26 Old 02-14-2018, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Yea i also live in florida and the weather was clear. Checked my car and its clean around the bumper. Ill see what honda says when I go in next. may just have to turn it on/off when driving and parking.
post #9 of 26 Old 02-14-2018, 06:42 AM
1st Gear

I've seen this a few times as well in the 6 weeks ive owned the car. Never been near snow though.

2.0 Touring
post #10 of 26 Old 02-14-2018, 06:59 AM
1st Gear

I don't own an Accord Touring, but my BMW parking sensors have had this issue. There are two things I could suggest:

1. If you're in a cold climate, it's not just snow/ice/freezing rain that can trip them, but also build-ups of salt. Giving it a good cleaning with a wet cotton cloth fixed the problem.

2. If your steering wheel is not perfectly straight, the car will think that you're about to turn, and you can trip the sensors with cars in the next lane. Keeping your steering wheel straight fixes this.

Again, I don't own the Touring with parking sensors, but if those two things don't apply, I would take it to the dealership and have it looked at.
post #11 of 26 Old 02-14-2018, 08:39 AM
Touring 2.0T

We just dropped the car off with the dealership this morning for this very issue.

Shot in Houston Tx, so snow or salt are not an issue.

Sorry for the portrait mode, wife shot the video ?.
FolsomDude likes this.
post #12 of 26 Old 02-14-2018, 09:13 AM
1st Gear

Sam issue here in AZ. No snow and very little rain.
post #13 of 26 Old 02-14-2018, 10:00 AM
3rd Gear

1st gen issues...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #14 of 26 Old 02-14-2018, 11:20 AM
1st Gear

Same thing happening here -- I assumed it was a sensitivity setting, as they work well when I expect them to (when parking) and seem to respond to car exhaust for some reason.
post #15 of 26 Old 02-14-2018, 01:14 PM
Not Han's Brother

Same here. No car in front of me. Charleston, SC so no snow...at least not this week, heh.

Touring 2.0.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.