Voice Commands: Climate Control - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 01-27-2018, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Voice Commands: Climate Control

Good Evening,

I just purchased a Touring 2.0T and had a quick question. In the manual, it states that you can use voice commands with the climate control, however, when I hit the voice commands button, there is no climate control option on the screen, and the voice prompts do not accept any climate control phrases that are listed in the menu.

Has any one else been able to get this to work?

Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-28-2018, 07:33 AM
REV29K

Works fine on our CR-V, however, I've not tried it on the new Accord yet.

2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
2017 CR-V Touring
2002 S2000
post #3 of 8 Old 01-28-2018, 08:15 AM
5th Gear

I have found the voice commands quite a novelty. When I had my '06 Accord it was fun for the first week, then I found it is so much easier to just reach over and hit the fan button or knob. Same with the volume or pretty much any function. About the only thing I did with the voice commands was input addresses to the NAV. Worked great on the '06 NAV system but even that does not work that well on my '13 Touring, which I never even learned or read the commands for this car.

I know I am not answering your question, I hope you figure it out though.

F1snob
'13 Accord Touring Black
2009 E92 335i Xdrive JB4 Tune
'06 6-speed Sedan with NAV Gone but not forgotten
'96 Accord EX-L 5-speed
Too many other cars to list

post #4 of 8 Old 01-28-2018, 12:47 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by luanoliveira08 View Post
Good Evening,

I just purchased a Touring 2.0T and had a quick question. In the manual, it states that you can use voice commands with the climate control, however, when I hit the voice commands button, there is no climate control option on the screen, and the voice prompts do not accept any climate control phrases that are listed in the menu.

Can you point out where in the manual this is referenced?
post #5 of 8 Old 01-28-2018, 03:48 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRogan View Post
Can you point out where in the manual this is referenced?
Owners Guide, page 158.

2005 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan (Satin Silver)
post #6 of 8 Old 01-28-2018, 04:31 PM
Captain Slow

I tried to set the temperature via voice command earlier today and the system did not recognize my command.

2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
post #7 of 8 Old 01-28-2018, 05:28 PM
1st Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by luanoliveira08 View Post
Good Evening,

I noticed this as well. In our Odyssey, you could do this, as the first couple of weeks we owned it, it was one of the features I'd toy around with when showing it to friends and family to get a laugh at how "smart" the van was. Just the other day I pressed the voice command button in our Accord and noticed it didn't include anything about climate control, so I'm guessing it doesn't have it and maybe the owner's manual has a misprint about this since it is in other models in Honda's lineup? Since I never actually used it in my van other than those first few times to play around, I'm not concerned about it at all. I just assumed that it was a mistake carried over from other models since I'm seeing some of the manual is copy+pasted from other manuals. I've seen type-os in the manual so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a little misinformation for the beginning of this gen. It's a neat feature for the Odyssey though, having 3 climate zones... but still one I never utilized.

Kim

'18 Accord Touring 2.0T Platinum White Pearl
'16 Accord Sport Sedan Basque Red Pearl

Previous (Honda only between my husband and I)

'16 Odyssey Elite White Diamond Pearl
'15 Civic Si Sedan Orange Fire Pearl
'13 Accord Sport Sedan Obsidian Blue Pearl
'12 Odyssey Touring Elite Modern Steel Metallic
'09 Accord EX-L Sedan Alabaster Silver
'06 CRV LX AWD Alabaster Silver
'98 Civic LX Sedan Inza Red Pearl

Yep, we have a car problem!
post #8 of 8 Old 01-28-2018, 07:03 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman8828 View Post
Owners Guide, page 158.
Well looks like I'm not allowed to quote links yet, but thanks! I did find a video demo of it in a 2017(? previous gen at least) Accord, it seemed a little cumbersome. Might give it a shot though.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.