New Member - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
5Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 01-25-2018, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Cool New Member

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I picked up my 2018 Accord Sport in November just as they were hitting the showroom floors. Previously my first car was a blue 2006 Accord Sport EX-L v6 that I purchased in 2010 with 54,000 miles. Sold it in November of 2017 at 220,000 miles. I was torn between blue or black but the second I saw the sport in blue I told my sales rep I wanted it and didn't even bother looking at black.

I purchased the car for $25,000. This was our 3rd Accord from my dealership. Currently I have 10% tints on the sides and 25% on the front and rear windshield. I'm not sure weather or not to dip the chrome window trim in black as it makes the wheels more noticeable. I really wanted the 2.0T but didn't want to shell out $30,000+ nor wait any longer.

I have been a long time Audi fan and wanted to get into a used s4, but ultimately decided a brand new car with the latest technology is way better than a 2010-2013 used s4 with 30,000+ miles and no warranty.

What good is a post without pictures?

I love the car. Surprisingly it gets a lot of attention, I have had people take pictures, compliment me, and break necks staring at it. My dealership has told me I'm still the only one in the area with the sport in this color. I am at 4,460 miles or so, and yes I drive a lot, and I love driving this car.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

Future Mods:
- Black out front and rear Honda logo
- Chrome trim in black?
- Remove Sport and Accord logo in the back
- Tint rear lights?
- Summer shoes?

Attached Images
The Following User Says Thank You to downshiftapex For This Useful Post:
STEALTH (01-25-2018)
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 01-25-2018, 11:05 AM
1st Gear

Welcome! I had a similar obsession with this still night pearl color. I traded in a '15 Fusion hybrid in deep impact blue for my '18 Sport 2.0 10AT in still night pearl. (very similar colors) I was on the fence about getting a new car until I saw this color! I had to have it and ended up going to my local dealer and having them find me one as a dealer trade so I didn't have to drive all over south florida.

post #3 of 17 Old 01-25-2018, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillnight20 View Post
Welcome! I had a similar obsession with this still night pearl color. I traded in a '15 Fusion hybrid in deep impact blue for my '18 Sport 2.0 10AT in still night pearl. I was on the fence about getting a new car until I saw this color! I had to have it and ended up going to my local dealer and having them get one as a dealer trade so I didn't have to drive all over south florida.
Congrats man! I wish I was more patient for the 2.0T, but happy regardless with sticking with Honda. I was unsure of this color because pictures don't do it justice. Once I saw it in person, I knew I had to have it. The awesome thing about this color is it looks different depending on the time of day and sunlight hitting it. My favorite is during the evening it looks like a blue and purple mix almost.

post #4 of 17 Old 01-25-2018, 11:15 AM
1st Gear

Garage
Gorgeous! I love that blue as well! The windows look great. Mine came with tint from the dealer so they did a legal tint. I plan to eventually change that because it's just not nearly enough. I have the 2.0T Touring, but my husband is obsessed with the Sport, and wants a MT. I only got the 2.0 because of the electronic gear shifter, but the even better gas mileage on the 1.5 would be sweet. I don't drive a whole lot day to day, but we always use my cars for the road trips to NC, SC, and to Iowa, so I'll catch up on mileage when we take those trips. Looks great!

Kim

'18 Accord Touring 2.0T Platinum White Pearl
'16 Accord Sport Sedan Basque Red Pearl

Previous (Honda only between my husband and I)

'16 Odyssey Elite White Diamond Pearl
'15 Civic Si Sedan Orange Fire Pearl
'13 Accord Sport Sedan Obsidian Blue Pearl
'12 Odyssey Touring Elite Modern Steel Metallic
'09 Accord EX-L Sedan Alabaster Silver
'06 CRV LX AWD Alabaster Silver
'98 Civic LX Sedan Inza Red Pearl

Yep, we have a car problem!
post #5 of 17 Old 01-25-2018, 11:31 AM
3rd Gear

Garage
Welcome and I picked up my 2.0t Touring three weeks ago. I’ve owned an Odyssey, Civic, and a black Accord. I have to say though the Odyssey was my favorite due to us at that time having two young ( very ) daughters lol. Let us know what you find as far as blacking out the front and rear “ H “ please.
post #6 of 17 Old 01-25-2018, 11:53 AM
III

Congrats on your car, looks great! I made the same decision with the Audi. I wish they had blue in stock when I bought mine, only had white and silver.

Please keep us updated on the future mods-- I think I am going to remove the accord name from the back as well so would love to see how it looks. Not sure what to do with emblem yet. I just switched to the black grille yesterday, couldn't handle the chrome unibrow.
post #7 of 17 Old 01-25-2018, 01:06 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by downshiftapex View Post
Hi Everyone,

I purchased the car for $25,000. This was our 3rd Accord from my dealership. Currently I have 10% tints on the sides and 25% on the front and rear windshield. I'm not sure weather or not to dip the chrome window trim in black as it makes the wheels more noticeable. I really wanted the 2.0T but didn't want to shell out $30,000+ nor wait any longer.
Congrats! Was that $25,000 the price of the car before tax and fees?
post #8 of 17 Old 01-25-2018, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite2018 View Post
Gorgeous! I love that blue as well! The windows look great. Mine came with tint from the dealer so they did a legal tint. I plan to eventually change that because it's just not nearly enough. I have the 2.0T Touring, but my husband is obsessed with the Sport, and wants a MT. I only got the 2.0 because of the electronic gear shifter, but the even better gas mileage on the 1.5 would be sweet. I don't drive a whole lot day to day, but we always use my cars for the road trips to NC, SC, and to Iowa, so I'll catch up on mileage when we take those trips. Looks great!
Thank you! While running a lower tint % is illegal I firmly believe it looks so much better and makes the car stand out. Especially since your car is white with an "all blacked out" look would make it a head turner for sure. I am currently running around 360 miles on a full tank, but with that said I know I can get a lot more. I'm going to play around with the economy mode and see how much of a difference that makes. I might be driving it up to Canada in the summer, and have already driven it to DC. Its very comfortable on long drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTH View Post
Welcome and I picked up my 2.0t Touring three weeks ago. Ive owned an Odyssey, Civic, and a black Accord. I have to say though the Odyssey was my favorite due to us at that time having two young ( very ) daughters lol. Let us know what you find as far as blacking out the front and rear H please.
I'm 27 year old so at the moment I don't have to worry about kids, backseats, or my car getting dirty from them lmao! I spoke with my dealer they have black Honda "H" emblems but the parts department couldn't figure out what model they are for and they suggested the cheapest route would be a plasti-dip. I just need to figure out how to remove the emblems. I'll draft up a DIY guide if I chose to go that route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
Congrats on your car, looks great! I made the same decision with the Audi. I wish they had blue in stock when I bought mine, only had white and silver.

Please keep us updated on the future mods-- I think I am going to remove the accord name from the back as well so would love to see how it looks. Not sure what to do with emblem yet. I just switched to the black grille yesterday, couldn't handle the chrome unibrow.

I should be doing the mods within the next month or so, so I'll keep everyone updated. I prefer a clean look in the back and hate all the unnecessary badging automakers place on cars. I'm curious to see if there is an all black front grill without the Honda "H" logo on it. I believe that would look so much cleaner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unenthusiast! View Post
Congrats! Was that $25,000 the price of the car before tax and fees?
Yup $25,000 before taxes and fees. My dealer had the price of the car at around $27k, and I simply said give me your best offer possible. I was happy with $25k so I signed and took delivery of her.
SnowWhite2018 likes this.

Last edited by namegoeshere; 01-25-2018 at 02:23 PM. Reason: merger
post #9 of 17 Old 01-25-2018, 01:20 PM
3rd Gear

Garage
I agree an all black grill would look sweet, but since then cars are so new it may be a minute before anyone heeds our cries lol.
post #10 of 17 Old 01-25-2018, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTH View Post
I agree an all black grill would look sweet, but since then cars are so new it may be a minute before anyone heeds our cries lol.
At least the 2.0T owners will get mods, I doubt the 1.5T owners will get anything.

Question:

For the black column in between the doors I've noticed scratches collecting on it. Is there anything I can do to fix this? The material looks like it sucks and its annoying me. I was thinking to wrap it?

Last edited by namegoeshere; 01-25-2018 at 02:24 PM. Reason: merger
post #11 of 17 Old 01-25-2018, 06:41 PM
REV29K

Welcome, it was a tough choice for me between Still Night Pearl and Modern Steel Metallic. I chose the latter but yours looks great!

2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
2017 CR-V Touring
2002 S2000
post #12 of 17 Old 01-25-2018, 07:28 PM
1st Gear

At this point do you regret not spending the extra $$ for the 2.0 Sport? Anything you wish you had that the 2.0 offers? Many have said the 1.5 Sport is just an LX with better rims and phone connectivity. Do you feel this is true? Any negatives with the car so far? Manual or auto? How is the stock stereo? If you won the lottery tomorrow would you upgrade to the 2.0 Sport? Will the Eagles win the Super Bowl? IF so by how much?
post #13 of 17 Old 01-25-2018, 07:53 PM
6th Gear

Very nice blue.
I guess you don't rotate the wheels from right to left or vice versa.

2008 Coupe V6
post #14 of 17 Old 01-25-2018, 08:19 PM
#SaveTheManuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idig10gen View Post
At this point do you regret not spending the extra $$ for the 2.0 Sport? Anything you wish you had that the 2.0 offers? Many have said the 1.5 Sport is just an LX with better rims and phone connectivity. Do you feel this is true? Any negatives with the car so far? Manual or auto? How is the stock stereo? If you won the lottery tomorrow would you upgrade to the 2.0 Sport? Will the Eagles win the Super Bowl? IF so by how much?
The reality of the situation, is that the 1.5 Sport IS an LX with different wheels and infotainment system...and a manual if you want that...

The 2.0 Sport is really a step up in every way, even for instance the manual transmission is completely different ( one from the Type-R, the other from the Civic Si)...but you do pay for those upgrades...

Whether those upgrades are worth the additional cost is completely personal...for me, the move to the 2.0 was a no brainier...if the 2.0 Sport did not exist, I would probably lean towards a Civic Si Sedan over the 1.5 Sport, but that doesn't make the 1.5 Sport a bad can by any means at all

If it's mainly the looks of the car are what's important to you, then the avg person probably won't immediately be able to tell the difference between a 2.0 and a 1.5 unless they know to look for the sunroof or the 2.0T badge on the back

1994 Mustang GT Laser Red Metallic
Born on March 4, 1994 1 of 1,393
Bassani: Cat-Back, x pipe & headers, Edelbrock Intake Manifold, FMS: 65mm TB, Cobra Trac-LOK w/3.73s, B-springs, Pro-M 80mm MAF, CAI, KYB shocks/struts, Maximum Motorsports chassis brace package & c/c plates, Cobra R wheels 17x9f/17x10.5r
Soon: CHP 347 w/AFR heads, and FTI custom cam

2003 Honda Civic LX Sedan Satin Silver Metallic
Cold Air Intake

2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0 MT San Marino Red
KTuner
post #15 of 17 Old 01-26-2018, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idig10gen View Post

- $25k vs $33k is a significant difference in price points. 192hp vs 273 hp. For me thats not a huge difference and I couldn't justify spending $8k more for less than 100hp more. Do I think about it? Yes, but I'm happy with my decision. I'm planning to hopefully pick up a CBR 600 in the summer so that should satisfy me in ways that the 2.0T won't.

- The only thing I want from the 2.0T is the engine and transmission.

- I never looked at the LX nor am familiar with its features. I saw the sport on the lot and fell in love with it and knew I wanted to buy one. I never considered the LX.

- Negatives would the Honda Assist gets annoying at times. Apple CarPlay isn't the greatest.

- Auto.

- Stock stereo actually took me back. The quality is great for it being stock.

- If I won the lottery I would be buying a McLaren 720 S and not a 2.0T

- No. Pats will win.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.