post #1 of 41 Old 01-23-2018, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Gearless

5 Likes and 5 Gripes

2. Adaptive Cruise Control
3. Turbo torque around town
4. Capless gas tank
5. Single screen > Dual

Gripes (coping so I don't upgrade yet)
1. Don't want Honda sensing (don't trust it yet, don't want to signal to change lanes on an empty highway/dodge potholes)
2. Styling is inferior to 9th Gen
3. Turbo is less reliable long term
4. iPad Center Stack is ugly
5. Less rear seat headroom with coupe fastback

2013 Accord Sedan LX CVT
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old 01-23-2018, 06:17 PM
1st Gear

have you used honda sensing because its amazing. It is not an auto pilot feature, its more of a drivers assistant. if used properly, trust is not an issue.

Larry101468 and bslenter like this.
post #3 of 41 Old 01-23-2018, 07:06 PM
1st Gear

I haven't played with Honda sensing much, but what I have I really like. I can see it being really helpful on long trips.

So far, my only complaint is the lack of footwell lighting. Drop something down there and it takes either daylight or a flashlight to find it.
Hedwig likes this.

post #4 of 41 Old 01-23-2018, 08:14 PM
1st Gear

1. the tech - i love buttons and love all of the add ons the car comes with (android auto/apple car play), honda sense, led headlights, foglights, taillights
2. the look - very nice looking vehicle imo
3. the mpg - im averaging 31mpg over 2k miles (1.5t)
4. smoothness quite ride. i love the smooth infinite geared cvt
5. the price - affordable and hell of a deal with all of the features in the base model

dislikes
1. interior lighting is horrible.
2. not a huge fan of the rims on any trim
3. not a fan of the smoked chrome grill on the sports model. that clashes with most colors imo
4. 300+ hp option would have been nice
5. honda app is pretty pointless
Hedwig likes this.
post #5 of 41 Old 01-23-2018, 10:06 PM
Blinded by the light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbk734 View Post
2. Adaptive Cruise Control
3. Turbo torque around town
4. Capless gas tank
5. Single screen > Dual

1. Don't want Honda sensing (don't trust it yet, don't want to signal to change lanes on an empty highway/dodge potholes)
2. Styling is inferior to 9th Gen
3. Turbo is less reliable long term
4. iPad Center Stack is ugly
5. Less rear seat headroom with coupe fastback
I wanted to comment on a couple of your gripes:

1. in the Accord will prevent thousands of accidents, prevent hundreds of non-fatal injuries caused by collisions, and save hundreds of lives while the 10th Gen Accord's continue to roam American roads over the next 20+ years. from vehicle collisions. You're over (not trying to get too political, just providing a perspective). We hear less about vehicle deaths because they don't make sensational news stories.

Active safety systems like collision and road departure mitigation will not only save lives, but prevent countless life-long injuries sustained by non-fatal accidents. Not only do they help the Accord owner, but those driving around them. With how easy it is to obtain and keep a drivers license in the USA, active safety systems are a MUST. These systems have been around for a long time on other vehicles, this isn't anything new. I wonder how many less freeway rush hour accidents there would be if every vehicle was equipped with these systems. Accidents on freeways costs thousands of hours when you add up every passenger affected by them.

3. A turbo engine does have more moving parts, but again this isn't new tech. Turbo engines have been around a long time and this isn't Honda's first try. If they weren't confident that the engine was reliable, they wouldn't be throwing them into their best selling lineups, now including the next gen Acura RDX. I wouldn't say the engine is a reliability issue when considering the Accord. Just about everyone does turbos now.
Tsturbo likes this.

2013 Accord Coupe V6
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-

-

-

-

2013 Triumph Street Triple
-Doesn't need any mods...
The Following User Says Thank You to nayr14 For This Useful Post:
mbk734 (01-24-2018)
post #6 of 41 Old 01-23-2018, 10:31 PM
2nd Gear

I'd like to see how the turbos handle different driver routines. Heat and bearings don't go together. A heat soaked engine turned off can reduce the life of those bearings and the turbo.

I guess I should look at their implementation. But proper cool down techniques can only help the life of the turbo. Luckily, there's a nice long road leading into my neighborhood that forces my wife to drive slow and really just idle for a mile or two before parking. Perfect to help cool everything down before shutoff.

Don't mistake activity for accomplishment. 2017 Accord Coupe EX-L, V6
post #7 of 41 Old 01-24-2018, 04:31 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by I800C0LLECT View Post
I'd like to see how the turbos handle different driver routines. Heat and bearings don't go together. A heat soaked engine turned off can reduce the life of those bearings and the turbo.

I guess I should look at their implementation. But proper cool down techniques can only help the life of the turbo. Luckily, there's a nice long road leading into my neighborhood that forces my wife to drive slow and really just idle for a mile or two before parking. Perfect to help cool everything down before shutoff.
Turbo technology is everywhere. My turbos have been just fine for 10 years and 120K, but they are cooled as part of the system, with an oil cooler and a thermostat that will run the cooling fan if needed. I don't know how far Honda has gone to handle the heat issue. Hopefully, more details emerge.
Tsturbo likes this.

2014 EX-L, I4 CVT MSM
2008 BMW 535i, Steptronic; European Delivery

Retired Accords
1989 LX MT
1994 EX MT <- my fave of all time before the bimmer
2003 LX MT
post #8 of 41 Old 01-24-2018, 04:42 AM
Runnin' in the 90s

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr14 View Post
Active safety systems like collision and road departure mitigation will not only save lives, but prevent countless life-long injuries sustained by non-fatal accidents. Not only do they help the Accord owner, but those driving around them. With how easy it is to obtain and keep a drivers license in the USA, active safety systems are a MUST. These systems have been around for a long time on other vehicles, this isn't anything new. I wonder how many less freeway rush hour accidents there would be if every vehicle was equipped with these systems.
People [who are buying new cars] will either learn to ignore them or keep turning them off because they become annoyed at the sensors beeping and flashing (which I can sympathize with). People who cause accidents will be part of that group of people; probably the majority. Safety systems may keep improving, but you can't fix stupid.

1999 Honda Accord LX Sedan 2.3 F23A4 147K Airwrap Jet Black
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1998 Chevy Camaro Coupe 3.8 3800 II 124K Sebring Silver
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sedan 2.2 LN2 138K Sandrift Metallic
post #9 of 41 Old 01-24-2018, 04:54 AM
1st Gear

I know everyone has their own opinions so here's mine:

1. Technology for the cost - love CarPlay
2. Sport Mode on the 2.0
3. Especially quiet for a lower priced car
4. Capless gas tank
5. Displays. Nicely done.
6. MPG

1. Brake Hold - needs to be activated first
2. No wireless CarPlay, No back seat USB or electric outlets (standard)
3. No always on Internal accent Lighting. Side note, I changed to LEDs, which look much nicer
4. Wheels are fairly ugly and tires not that great
5. Can't see CarPlay maps on HUD
6. Digital Speedometer is not in MPH
7. Wide turning ratio
post #10 of 41 Old 01-24-2018, 05:05 AM
1st Gear

2. Honda Sensing - ACC/LKAS
3. Front Styling
4. Back Seat Room for legs
5. Color of the car ( Still Night Blue )

Gripes
1. Lack of attention to detail in interior ( front vent misaligned )
2. Hood Flutter
3. Center Console ( My leg hits it and gets uncomfortable )
4. Apple car play randomly shuts off
5. Needs more HP for 1.5T Sport
6. Audio needs work... BASS response sounds like trash. More speakers doesn't always mean better.
algarci2 likes this.
post #11 of 41 Old 01-24-2018, 06:30 AM
8TH GEN BELIEVER

I agree with those who urged relaxation over turbos. I had a 1985 Mercedes 300 Turbodiesel. I sold it with over 300k miles and the original turbo made by Continental. I know Mitsubishi makes Accord's turbos, which at first blush isn't encouraging, but jeez turbos are simple!!
KW2004Accord likes this.

OEM fogs / 22mm Progress RSB / Ultra Racing FSB / Koni FSDs / Modulo grille / debadged trunk /

Previous cars: 2003 EXL V6 Accord Coupe
1995 Accord EX Sedan
1985 Mercedes 300 Turbodiesel
1989 Volvo S90 Turbo
post #12 of 41 Old 01-24-2018, 06:48 AM
1st Gear

Gasp! God forbid you have to use your blinker. So much effort.
post #13 of 41 Old 01-24-2018, 06:50 AM
2nd Gear

2. Infotainment is great
3. Honda Sensing
4. MT offered on 2.0t. #Savethe Manuals Way to go Honda on that one!
5. Light Clutch and smooth as butter shifter
Bonus Like: I love the Auto High beam headlights!

Dislikes:
1. No Digital Speedometer (What were they thinking)
2. No sport mode for 2.0 MT.
3. No Boost gauge for 2.0 MT
4. MT slighter slower than AT (Hopefully will be fixed by tuning)
5. Only 12 Presets for Sirius Radio. I need more.
post #14 of 41 Old 01-24-2018, 06:56 AM
1st Gear

Touring 1.5T

2. HUD
  3. Heated/Ventilated Seats
  4. Rear Leg Room
  5. Overall look and styling - interior and exterior

Gripes
  • Charging plate (it could be a tad longer and slightly wider. I have a Note 8 and it barely fits length wise)
  • Android Auto not being wireless and would like more control over the UI.
  • The center console storage area. Kind of a pain to get open if you are the driver.
  • More power would be nice (I know I should have got the 2.0T)
  • Ability to load "customer" apps

Last edited by dizzbuster; 01-24-2018 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Add TBD items.
post #15 of 41 Old 01-24-2018, 10:07 AM
2nd Gear

2.0T Touring here.

1. The car is absolutely packed with luxury-level features. It feels like such a massive upgrade over our prior vehicles.
2. Honda Sensing! Getting this standard in a non-luxury sedan is amazing by itself. How smoothly and reliably it works is doubly amazing. Feels like I'm getting about 75% of Tesla Autopilot in a $35k car (and you can have it in a $25k car if you go with a lower spec). That just rocks. I started a thread on it.
3. The turbo engine and 10 speed auto is an incredible combo. Smooth low-end power and outstanding acceleration. Honda made me believe in 4 cylinder engines again. Love it.
4. Interior design and material quality. All the buttons and knobs feel high end. Clean and classy layout.
5. Infotainment looks and works great, is highly responsive, has CarPlay, and is intuitive. A huge improvement over the Acuras I was considering, and most other vehicles I looked at. And it's a complete 180 for Honda, which was not known for good infotainment. Well done!

Dislikes:
1. HUD doesn't display Carplay navigation directions.
2. Auto High Beams function is too aggressive. I disabled it with the 40-second stalk pull procedure.
3. No rear USB ports
4. Interior lights and exterior turn signals are not LED. Why not go all the way?
5. Audio sounds plenty good but could be better. I guess they need to save something for the Acura line.

Overall, my likes far outweight my dislikes. I couldn't be happier with this car, and the money we saved by not going with a luxury brand.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.