5 Likes and 5 Gripes - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
20Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 40 Old 01-24-2018, 05:00 PM
2nd Gear

1. Inspires confidence and safety during passive and aggressive driving with excellent chassis.
2. Premium and practical interior.
3. Smooth and powerful with perfect match in 10spd transmission and 2.0L turbo engine.
4. Class leading infotainment system with better than average sound.
5. Class leading rear leg room and cargo volume.
6. Gorgeous exterior with the black sport grill, fastback styling and led headlights.
7. A significant improvement over the previous generation in almost ever single way.

Dislikes:
1. Console could be just a inch slimmer to help with knee room.
2. Proving difficult to update Garmin Navigation and use Android Auto.
3. MPG in low 20s during mixed driving.
4. No passenger seat height adjustment.
5. No trunk handle or rear USB ports standard for at least upper trims.
6. Turbo lag in some conditions.
7. All the exterior lights aren't LED.

Advertisement

post #17 of 40 Old 01-25-2018, 03:07 AM
2nd Gear

Like;

1. Styling
2. Tech goodies
3. Gas mileage (1.5L)
4. LED headlights/fogs
5. Interior room (lots of room for 2 car seats in the back)

Dislikes;

1. Sound system (sub is weak)
2. Gear shifter knob- CVT (wish it was smaller)
3. Parking sensors when covered in snow/ice are pointless and too sensitive.
4. Interior lighting halogen! (Should be led in touring trim)
5. Middle of TFT screen seems too empty, waste of space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #18 of 40 Old 01-25-2018, 04:55 AM
4th Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbk734 View Post
2. Adaptive Cruise Control
3. Turbo torque around town
4. Capless gas tank
5. Single screen > Dual

Gripes (coping so I don't upgrade yet)
1. Don't want Honda sensing (don't trust it yet, don't want to signal to change lanes on an empty highway/dodge potholes)
2. Styling is inferior to 9th Gen
3. Turbo is less reliable long term
4. iPad Center Stack is ugly
5. Less rear seat headroom with coupe fastback
Your post is very confusing to me. Do you have a 9th gen or a 10th gen? Your signature says 9th gen but you said you love the turbo grunt, which would be 10th gen. You don't trust Sensing and don't want it, so that suggests 9th gen. ??

2017 EX-L V6. WOP. 28% Solarguard. Thinkware F50 Dashcam. Otherwise, Bone stock.

post #19 of 40 Old 01-25-2018, 06:48 AM
1st Gear

2.0T Sport 6MT

1) The engine is OUTSTANDING. Very flexible, capable of fantastic fuel economy and also great performance.
2) 6 speed manual is OUTSTANDING. Clutch take-up and effort are damn near perfect, and shifter is nice and notchy. Thank you Honda for giving us this option!!
3) Interior quality and design is incredible. Blows away anything I have driven <$50k including BMW, Audi, MB.
4) Love the flexible tach display and the center touch screen. Such a huge improvement over the awful 2-screen layout.
5) headlights are fantastic
6) I love the Honda Sensing, and that you can also completely turn all the crap off when you're actually paying attention on a twisty road.
7) heated seats have 3 levels and are very fast, much faster than my TL
8) I love love love the driving position. Very similiar to my old S2000 - I can see the hood, dash is nice and low, and shifter is right infront of you. In my 7g AV6 6MT and my 4g TL 6MT I was sitting high with a very tall dash and "on top" of the shifter. This car reminds me more of the S2000 than the TL....incredible!
9) Ride is crazy good for the skinny little tires it has. Very well controlled and does well with large road impacts but also nicely firm.
10) Fuel economy with the 2.0T is amazing. Stay out of the boost!
11) This car is GORGEOUS, especially in white

Dislikes:

1) Cupholders are beyond terrible. The springy fingers need to have stiffer and longer springs. How did they mess this up? I will be working on a solution this weekend.
2) Stereo is mediocre at best, but I come from an ELS TL.
3) This car needs an LSD. Badly. After years of SH-AWD I am spoiled, but this car is way worse at roasting the front tires out of a corner than my '03 Accord V6 6MT. Hoping the CTR LSR fits.
4) Shifter needs to be a little lower (maybe 1") and the throws are a little too long. But this will be easily fixed by the aftermarket.
post #20 of 40 Old 01-25-2018, 06:52 AM
#SaveTheManuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishs2000 View Post
3) This car needs an LSD. Badly. After years of SH-AWD I am spoiled, but this car is way worse at roasting the front tires out of a corner than my '03 Accord V6 6MT. Hoping the CTR LSR fits.
4) Shifter needs to be a little lower (maybe 1") and the throws are a little too long. But this will be easily fixed by the aftermarket.
not to ignore your other points, but when you find an answer to #3...let me know...AND try looking into the feasibility of swapping the shifter from the CTR into our cars...im very interested
chrishs2000 likes this.

1994 Mustang GT Laser Red Metallic
Born on March 4, 1994 1 of 1,393
Bassani: Cat-Back, x pipe & headers, Edelbrock Intake Manifold, FMS: 65mm TB, Cobra Trac-LOK w/3.73s, B-springs, Pro-M 80mm MAF, CAI, KYB shocks/struts, Maximum Motorsports chassis brace package & c/c plates, Cobra R wheels 17x9f/17x10.5r
Soon: CHP 347 w/AFR heads, and FTI custom cam

2003 Honda Civic LX Sedan Satin Silver Metallic
Cold Air Intake

2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0 MT San Marino Red
KTuner
post #21 of 40 Old 01-25-2018, 06:58 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metfanant View Post
not to ignore your other points, but when you find an answer to #3...let me know...AND try looking into the feasibility of swapping the shifter from the CTR into our cars...im very interested
Those were the most important points anyway LOL. It will be very easy for the aftermarket to make a short shifter, I can even get one for my TL but the throw length is perfect for me in that. I'm just hoping that we can also get a lowered shift rod, or else I will be making one myself haha.
post #22 of 40 Old 01-25-2018, 07:43 AM
#SaveTheManuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishs2000 View Post
Those were the most important points anyway LOL. It will be very easy for the aftermarket to make a short shifter, I can even get one for my TL but the throw length is perfect for me in that. I'm just hoping that we can also get a lowered shift rod, or else I will be making one myself haha.
i think the Type-R shifter might be the answer if its possible to swap...

1994 Mustang GT Laser Red Metallic
Born on March 4, 1994 1 of 1,393
Bassani: Cat-Back, x pipe & headers, Edelbrock Intake Manifold, FMS: 65mm TB, Cobra Trac-LOK w/3.73s, B-springs, Pro-M 80mm MAF, CAI, KYB shocks/struts, Maximum Motorsports chassis brace package & c/c plates, Cobra R wheels 17x9f/17x10.5r
Soon: CHP 347 w/AFR heads, and FTI custom cam

2003 Honda Civic LX Sedan Satin Silver Metallic
Cold Air Intake

2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0 MT San Marino Red
KTuner
post #23 of 40 Old 01-25-2018, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Gearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowcat View Post
Your post is very confusing to me. Do you have a 9th gen or a 10th gen? Your signature says 9th gen but you said you love the turbo grunt, which would be 10th gen. You don't trust Sensing and don't want it, so that suggests 9th gen. ??
I have a 9th Gen. There are things I like about the 10th Gen that make me want to upgrade and things I don't that keep me from upgrading. My gripes are pretty minor. I'd like to upgrade but want to keep my car longer to be frugal.
meowcat likes this.

2013 Accord Sedan LX CVT
The Following User Says Thank You to mbk734 For This Useful Post:
meowcat (01-25-2018)
post #24 of 40 Old 01-25-2018, 09:58 AM
1st Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekohn View Post
I know everyone has their own opinions so here's mine:

1. Technology for the cost - love CarPlay
2. Sport Mode on the 2.0
3. Especially quiet for a lower priced car
4. Capless gas tank
5. Displays. Nicely done.
6. MPG

1. Brake Hold - needs to be activated first
2. No wireless CarPlay, No back seat USB or electric outlets (standard)
3. No always on Internal accent Lighting. Side note, I changed to LEDs, which look much nicer
4. Wheels are fairly ugly and tires not that great
5. Can't see CarPlay maps on HUD
6. Digital Speedometer is not in MPH
7. Wide turning ratio
Mine is in MPH. But I see the option to change it to kilometers by holding the scrolling button on the wheel (forgive me for not knowing what the term for this is right now. I'm having a moment). If this isn't what you're talking about, then so sorry!

Kim

'18 Accord Touring 2.0T Platinum White Pearl
'16 Accord Sport Sedan Basque Red Pearl

Previous (Honda only between my husband and I)

'16 Odyssey Elite White Diamond Pearl
'15 Civic Si Sedan Orange Fire Pearl
'13 Accord Sport Sedan Obsidian Blue Pearl
'12 Odyssey Touring Elite Modern Steel Metallic
'09 Accord EX-L Sedan Alabaster Silver
'06 CRV LX AWD Alabaster Silver
'98 Civic LX Sedan Inza Red Pearl

Yep, we have a car problem!
post #25 of 40 Old 01-25-2018, 10:33 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
I have a 9th Gen. There are things I like about the 10th Gen that make me want to upgrade and things I don't that keep me from upgrading. My gripes are pretty minor. I'd like to upgrade but want to keep my car longer to be frugal.
Very smart. Although it would be nice to have a 10th gen, and retire my 7th gen....

For me. No carpayment > New carpayment
mbk734 likes this.

Former:
1984 Olds Cutlass(1st car)
1991 Taurus wagon (LOL)
1995 Mitsu eclipse- GSX
2002 Honda Civic(RIP AUTO-TRANS)
2008 Honda Accord LX (Traded-Oil burner)

Current:
2007 Honda Accord EX-L(His)
2016 Honda Accord EX-L(Hers)
post #26 of 40 Old 01-25-2018, 10:38 AM
1st Gear

Garage
Quote:
2. Adaptive Cruise Control
3. Turbo torque around town
4. Capless gas tank
5. Single screen > Dual

1. Don't want Honda sensing (don't trust it yet, don't want to signal to change lanes on an empty highway/dodge potholes)
2. Styling is inferior to 9th Gen
3. Turbo is less reliable long term
4. iPad Center Stack is ugly
5. Less rear seat headroom with coupe fastback

Likes (Loves)
1. Adaptive Cruise Control- my '16 Odyssey did not have this, and I really felt like I was missing out when I'd drive my husband's '16 Sport. It was nice to get into a car with it and I've had a great time using it. We have a lot of traffic on i95 here in Northern Virginia and it really comes in handy.
2. Interior Styling- everything from the seats to the dash and even the screen in it. I feel that the interior of the car has a very expensive look and feel to it. I've never driven what I would consider a luxury car, but as far as the Hondas we've owned, this certainly has the most modern and high-end feel in my opinion. Even down to the way the buttons push feels like quality (IMO). Oh, I'm loving the electronic gear shifter in mine. I know they don't all have it but it's actually one reason I wanted the 2.0 instead of the 1.5 Touring. It just felt like a high end upgrade, even though I know some WANT the regular shifter or it makes no difference to them.
3. MPG- The MPG has been a nice change from the van. I don't do a lot of long-distance or highway driving. Mine is almost always within a few miles of home on 35 or 45 MPH roads, that often have traffic of sorts. Although I wasn't putting gas in the van a lot because I drove so little, those gallons were being eaten up by the low MPG I was getting.
4. Heated Rear Seats and ventilated front seats- I have a 9 year old and a 4 year old, and the 9 year old is loving a rear heated seat right now in these cold months. That's not such a big deal to some but it's brand new to us so exciting. Same with the ventilated front seats. My parents have a '12 Traverse LTZ and have had ventilated front seats since then, and when we'd go visit them over the summer and I got to experience it, it was a nice feature to have. Can't wait to use ours when we go to the beach this summer.
5. The App setup- so far the system has been very easy to operate. With all of the new features I thought it would take a long time to get used to. But, the setup is very user-friendly.

Gripes (and for some, if not all of these, I'm grasping at straws and being nit-picky because so far I really don't have any. Not to say that won't change, but with only 840 miles on mine, I have more to learn)
1. No standard heated steering wheel, because I'm not crazy about where the button would go if I had it installed. This didn't really bother me until I learned that in Canada, it does comes standard it looks like in certain trims (I have the Touring 2.0 which it would come in), and I believe the button for it is in that empty "button" that's already there on the steering wheel, and not in that space on the bottom of the wheel (I think that makes sense). So, I guess you could say I'm jealous because in Northern Virginia, it gets pretty cold where I've found myself thinking it would be nice. Of course, if we move back to Hawaii or even back down to NC, that might not even be a factor for me anymore.
2. No power-folding mirrors. Again, this is me reaching for straws. It would be a nice feature. We came from living in Hawaii, and so many of the parking spaces are so narrow, it was a must there to fold your mirrors in, manual or power. Living here, especially when going into the city, the spaces are often tight and in garages, and it would again be something nice to have. They do fold, however, so we can just do it manually like we always have.
3. More adjustment on the passenger seat? Being able to adjust the height of the passenger seat would be nice. I'm pretty short (5'2") and being able to adjust it up would be great sometimes.
4. The turning radius on it. I was surprised by how well the Odyssey would take sharp turns or do u-turns. This car is inferior to it. I'm getting used to it, but the Odyssey was almost easier for me to park because it turned on a dime.
5. I have to agree with the no wireless CarPlay. I love using CarPlay, but I'm forever forgetting my phone in the car because I plug it into the center console and it's out of sight-out of mind. Eventually I won't forget it anymore, but for now it's a gripe.

I really did have to reach for things to be unhappy with because overall, I'm so in love with this car. I know it won't always be perfect and as I get more miles on it I'll probably find more things that could be better. But, for now, it's my favorite car I've had to date.
bslenter likes this.

Kim

'18 Accord Touring 2.0T Platinum White Pearl
'16 Accord Sport Sedan Basque Red Pearl

Previous (Honda only between my husband and I)

'16 Odyssey Elite White Diamond Pearl
'15 Civic Si Sedan Orange Fire Pearl
'13 Accord Sport Sedan Obsidian Blue Pearl
'12 Odyssey Touring Elite Modern Steel Metallic
'09 Accord EX-L Sedan Alabaster Silver
'06 CRV LX AWD Alabaster Silver
'98 Civic LX Sedan Inza Red Pearl

Yep, we have a car problem!
post #27 of 40 Old 01-25-2018, 01:24 PM
1st Gear

- Interior
- Comfortable ride
- Technology
- Color

Dislikes:
- Steering Assist - I've noticed this go off sometimes even when I'm directly in the middle of the lane. Its annoying.
- Apple Carplay - The fact that I have to be connected via wire is annoying. When I get a text and check my phone the text assist comes up on the screen and it just makes things more complicated.
- Engine noise - Maybe I'm wrong but for a 1.5T engine it makes a lot of noise. I know a lot of automotive manufacturers are playing fake engine noise via speakers to make the driver feel like their car is sporty so I'm curious as to whether Honda did that with the 2018 sport.
- Attention - While its nice to get compliments, I've had some people take pictures of my car which is a tad bit weird.
- Not enough of a community - I love cars, love talking about them, but sadly I don't see a lot of sports on the road and the only owner I've been able to interact with is a Type R owner. I also am into photography so it'd be cool to do a photoshoot with a couple sports or a Type R.
post #28 of 40 Old 01-25-2018, 08:15 PM
1st Gear

Sport 2.0 10AT (currently at 350 miles):

• Infotainment is awesome, especially SiriusXM holding up to the last 30 minutes of all 12 presets! So cool to change to a preset and have a song start from the beginning or talk on the phone and have the song continue on from where you were after the call ends
  • interior quality is excellent for a non-leather trim
  • brake hold; I like it more than I thought I would
  • digital tach and boost gauges in sport mode with the associated red ui changes is slick
  • blind spot warnings on the back up camera is a great feature and really works well

Gripes (most are nitpicky):
  • no proximity locks on the rear doors. My previous car (Fusion) had proximity locks on all four doors so this will take some getting used to
  • no auto-dimming rearview mirror. Again, I was used to this on my Fusion.
  • glove box is pretty small
  • easy to mistake the A/C knob for the volume knob sometimes but I'm sure I will get used to it eventually
  • it requires removing like 10 screws to change the oil. Even though I have had oil changes at the dealer as long as I can remember it would have been nice to have a simpler oil/filter change process if I wanted to do it myself on this car.
  • rear window visibility could be better
post #29 of 40 Old 01-26-2018, 03:58 PM
3rd Gear

2.0T Touring

1. 2.0T and 10AT are an awesome pair. Effortless acceleration and torque (reminds me of my mom's 435 BMW with 8spd auto). Can't stay out of boost!
2. Digital Tach with lots of options for customization. Notice that when you set it to always have a tach and have something else in the middle, the numbers light up as the needle moves close to them. I think that attention to detail is awesome. Also really like the clean look of having nothing in the tach, bright and pretty.
3. HUD/Speed limit sign read out (had to put these together so I can keep it at 5). I love having the HUD and us it all the time. It is customizable and shows you when leaving your lane, flashes red when it thinks you are going to hit something, but mostly like keeping the compass up there with the street name, speed limit and speed.
4. Infotainment display is commented on by all that get into the car. The graphics are leaps and bounds ahead of our 2016 EX-L Odyssey. It is very intuitive and easy to control and customize.
5. ACC and LKAS are great. Love the full range ACC. I use it all the time in stop and go traffic and I love it. I will never buy another daily driver without it.

Dislikes:
1. Buggy apple car play. Works well when it works but I find I have to disconnect my phone a couple times before it picks it up sometimes. Also, does anyone know if you can use Waze on Apple care play?
2. I find the reach to the tune knob which I frequently use on XM a bit far. I will not complain much as it is so much better to have a KNOB!
3. Stereo is only mediocre. Some songs from some sources sound really good, others sound flat and disappointing. Sub needs a much larger range.
4. Vibration from engine at start up, shows that it is a 4 cylinder, don't remember this from my 2015 2.4L 4 banger.
5. Infotainment reboots. Although it does not happen very often, I have had it happen shortly after start up at least 5 times. Setting it to WiFi from my house has helped but has done it since. It will restart and be fine in less then 5 min.
post #30 of 40 Old 01-27-2018, 09:30 PM
III

I haven't had the car long so I think my likes will change as time goes on.
1. Interior is constantly mistaken for a luxury car.
2. Exterior: Black sports grill, capless tank, the led headlights (and the auto light capacity) and the fastback styling
3. Driving position is the best-- the Spacial sense of the drivers seat for my body- feels like my short torso was given a booster seat. auto-dimming mirror doesn't obstruct view.
4. Great trunk space.
5. All around smooth ride. Love having an accord engine again, civics just don't compare.
6. I swapped out to the auto dimming mirror- total game changer.
kind of a 7-- leather steering wheel styling.

Dislikes:
1. turn radius!!! I also wish this car was a little smaller all around.
2. Apple carplay-- not wireless and it disconnects my phone 2-3 times per car ride...Fumbling to plug and replug my phone while I am driving.
3. Accessory restrictions on certain trim levels. At this point in time, I think all cars should have the option of heated seats and the option for remote start/keyless entry to all trim levels.
4. Lack of interior light brightness; Exterior not having full LED.
5. Flat sound system but I am a bit of an audiophile.
6. I think my Lane assist is a little out of whack; I am still trying to figure this out.
7. gear shifter feels cheap (the leatherette at base.)

I am laughing at the cup holder comments because they are so true and I did not realize this. After I read this thread I saw that my coffee spilled on the other side of the console. Anyone know of a grip material I could cut down in the cup holder?

Really wish they had a coupe option. I rarely drive more than one person. Hated driving civic, but loved it was a coupe and has a great turning radius.

That all said and done, I am quite pleased with being in an accord again. My next car I'll build to my exact specifications, in meantime I'll make feasible changes to this car.

"Garage"

Accord Sport 2018 Platinum White

Civic Coupe LX 2013 (until I can sell it) Platinum White

Element LX 2007 Blue
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.