How to remove rear H emblem and bumper reflectors? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
14Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 01-20-2018, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

How to remove rear H emblem and bumper reflectors?

Has anybody removed the rear trunk Honda emblem and bumper reflectors? I'm having the tail lights lightly smoked next week and was wanting to have the bumper reflectors smoked to match the tails. Planning on having the rear honda emblem painted black too! Any help will be greatly appreciated

Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 01-20-2018, 10:59 AM
REV29K

Typically the [H] emblem can be removed with some dental floss or fishing line. Don't know if there are alignment holes behind the emblem, some models have them, some don't.

2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
2017 CR-V Touring
2002 S2000
post #3 of 17 Old 01-20-2018, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Collegehill Honda said I had to remove the rear trim on the trunk to remove the emblem. So does that meant the painted part that goes around the tail lights on the trunk has to be removed? I sure hope not lol.

post #4 of 17 Old 01-20-2018, 01:20 PM
1st Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 HOSS View Post
Has anybody removed the rear trunk Honda emblem and bumper reflectors? I'm having the tail lights lightly smoked next week and was wanting to have the bumper reflectors smoked to match the tails. Planning on having the rear honda emblem painted black too! Any help will be greatly appreciated

I would love to see pictures of this once it's done! What color is yours?
post #5 of 17 Old 01-20-2018, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

My car is white and I will post pics once everything is done I figured out how to get the emblem off. You have to remove the trunk liner and remove 4 black 8mm bolts and release the 4 green push pins on each end. Carefully push up on the corner by the tail lights to release the 2 clips securing it to the tail light. There is 1 white push pin in the center with a philips screw. This will allow the whole piece to come off the car to remove the Honda emblem.
Attached Images
post #6 of 17 Old 01-20-2018, 04:51 PM
2nd Gear

How would you remove the name that the dealer added under the Sport wording? The dealer I bought from adds matching Silver"Sisley" under the Sport emblem. Do I use floss and how do I prevent paint from coming off? Color is also white.
post #7 of 17 Old 01-20-2018, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by proweb View Post
How would you remove the name that the dealer added under the Sport wording? The dealer I bought from adds matching Silver"Sisley" under the Sport emblem. Do I use floss and how do I prevent paint from coming off? Color is also white.
Heat it up with a hair dryer and peel it off. If it leaves residue you can remove that with 91% rubbing alcohol! I removed all the emblems on my wifes car today with dental floss and finished up with rubbing alcohol to remove some adhesive. Looks much cleaner this way to me!
post #8 of 17 Old 01-21-2018, 06:32 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Quote:
Heat it up with a hair dryer and peel it off. If it leaves residue you can remove that with 91% rubbing alcohol! I removed all the emblems on my wifes car today with dental floss and finished up with rubbing alcohol to remove some adhesive. Looks much cleaner this way to me!
Thanks. You mention hair dryer. Once heated is that then followed by the dental floss?
post #9 of 17 Old 01-21-2018, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Quote:
Thanks. You mention hair dryer. Once heated is that then followed by the dental floss?
I just used my fingernail to get it started. When I removed the Accord and Sport emblem I just used dental floss and no hair dryer.
post #10 of 17 Old 01-21-2018, 08:02 PM
2nd Gear

Garage
Pics when completed. Following
post #11 of 17 Old 01-21-2018, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Quick pic of how it looks with the tails and rear panel removed.
Attached Images
post #12 of 17 Old 01-22-2018, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Got the lights back from the painter. They look darker in the pics.
Attached Images
post #13 of 17 Old 01-23-2018, 07:12 AM
1st Gear

Garage
Quote:
We always do this as well. I don't like all of that clutter, and our dealership uses a fairly large badge too. Too much!

Kim

'18 Accord Touring 2.0T Platinum White Pearl
'16 Accord Sport Sedan Basque Red Pearl

Previous (Honda only between my husband and I)

'16 Odyssey Elite White Diamond Pearl
'15 Civic Si Sedan Orange Fire Pearl
'13 Accord Sport Sedan Obsidian Blue Pearl
'12 Odyssey Touring Elite Modern Steel Metallic
'09 Accord EX-L Sedan Alabaster Silver
'06 CRV LX AWD Alabaster Silver
'98 Civic LX Sedan Inza Red Pearl

Yep, we have a car problem!
post #14 of 17 Old 01-24-2018, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Got the tails back on the car but it got dark so I had to take garage pics so they are not the greatest. Pics still make them look darker than what they really are.
Attached Images
post #15 of 17 Old 01-25-2018, 12:04 AM
1st Gear

Anyone have pictures of the emblem delete or the emblems blacked out?

SnowWhite2018 likes this.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.