Is there a way to search dealer inventory? - Drive Accord Honda Forums |
  • 1 Post By Kamdog
  • 1 Post By bslenter
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 01-16-2018, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Is there a way to search dealer inventory?

I'm trying to find specific color/trim level combinations and on Honda's website it looks like I have to search each individual dealer inventory separately. This is idiotic if I can't just put in a combination of trim/color and just search all dealerships, or all dealerships within x miles of a point. Obviously all the cars are in the system.

Please tell me I'm just not seeing this on Honda's website.

2018 Honda Accord 2.0T Touring. Modern steel.

post #2 of 8 Old 01-16-2018, 02:36 PM
Captain Slow

A lot of dealers post their inventory on e.g., so that's where I would start. I'm not sure how to search all the dealers around you in one go although your local dealer may have a way.

2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
post #3 of 8 Old 01-16-2018, 02:59 PM
3rd Gear

I found my car (and inventory across dealers within XX mile radius of my zip code) via Edmunds.

2017 Accord Sedan Sport 6MT (San Marino Red) - LLumar ATR 40% doors / LLumar ATR 30% rear window

What else is in the stable?
2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT (Diamond Graphite) / Prem Pkg / Navi / Aero / Performance Wheel & Tire Pkg / 40% Huper Optik Ceramic / K&N Filter (206k miles)

2018 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited / Starlink Navigation & EyeSight Driver-Assist Pkg

2005 Acura TSX 5AT (Satin Silver) / 40% Huper Optik Ceramic (190,782 miles)

post #4 of 8 Old 01-16-2018, 03:37 PM
3rd Gear

The Honda inventory search is only by dealer. You can't even limit it to just EX trims either. I have 4 nearby, if I stretch dealers, and I dealt with it by running the search and bookmarking the results. It does let me easily see all EX-L's but it does let me see all of the EX-L's without a crazy amount of effort.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-16-2018, 03:42 PM
1st Gear

I used a combination of TruCar and Edmunds....not only for inventory but also for pricing. Build the car on both sites, edmunds spits out a MSRP/Invoice price and their "fair market price" based on what others have been selling for. TruCar spits out a price but then also sends your request to the dealers that have the specific car in their inventory, and they all got back to me with their price. A few emails to pit the dealers against each other lowered the offers down a bit more and I just had to go negotiate a trade-in and financing. Made the whole thing pretty easy actually.
post #6 of 8 Old 01-16-2018, 03:44 PM
6th Gear

Try carjojo.
spiff72 likes this.

2014 EX-L, I4 CVT MSM
2008 BMW 535i, Steptronic; European Delivery

Retired Accords
1989 LX MT
1994 EX MT <- my fave of all time before the bimmer
2003 LX MT
post #7 of 8 Old 01-16-2018, 04:02 PM
Out of Control

&/or cargurus - with these sites you may not get up to date listings as models sell it may take a day or so to update the info. Make sure what you are looking for is made by the mfg. as another poster wanted a certain interior color on a black exterior that Honda didn't offer in the US.

2004 4cyl. EX Sedan automatic 514K - 2017 EX automatic 2K
post #8 of 8 Old 01-16-2018, 04:12 PM
2nd Gear

To find our 2.0 Touring in a specific color during the last week of December (when they were still quite rare), I basically had to Google all the local dealer websites and then run inventory searches in a series of Chrome tabs until I found what I want and narrowed it down. So yes, you much search each dealer individually (unless you want to take your chances with a third party tool). Also different dealers have different search interfaces and filter settings. Pretty annoying. But I got it done and found my car.
KW2004Accord likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.