Why you prefer 2018 Accord over 2018 Honda CRV? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
13Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 01-13-2018, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
V6 9th Gen

Why you prefer 2018 Accord over 2018 Honda CRV?

Just curious folks. Though I like my Honda V6 9th gen but once I decide to change ( not in near future) then I will like to give new Honda CRV a try. It has dual exhaust and nice interior.
My wife has Honda CRV 2014 and it is pretty roomy and plenty of power for 4 cylinder
Appreciate your input.

Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 01-13-2018, 09:38 AM
1st Gear

I have the same decision to make. I love the 2.0 sport in manual but the car is going to be one of those car I worry about all the time. I have two kids and love going up north. The crv would be something I wouldn't worry about as much and the 4wd would be a bonus. I just find the crv to be very expensive for what it is here in Canada unless you go base. The Ex is more then a 2.0 accord and you get less features apart from 4wd.

I have a 2016 lx civic 6 speed atm and I find myself driving the car more since i don't care about it as much. In the accord I'll be paranoid about the 19" wheels and paint but what a amazing car it is in the 2.0t manual.

post #3 of 31 Old 01-13-2018, 09:41 AM
1st Gear

For me it's not necessarily an Accord vs. CRV debate, it really comes down to sedan vs. crossover SUV. I've never driven a CRV, but then again I've never been a crossover-SUV guy either. Despite what people say about certain crossovers "driving like cars" I've never felt that they even come close. Just the fact that they sit up higher and thus have a higher center-of-gravity makes them seem top heavy and tend to roll more. We used to have a Chevy Equinox, and while I'm not sure what the metrics say about the total cargo area, I never felt like that car ever really had much more cargo space than a decent midsize sedan (at least with the rear seats still in place). The only difference is the cargo area is more vertical, whereas in the trunk of a sedan it's more horizontal. I guess it probably comes down more to how you use your vehicles and what types of stuff you're hauling around. AWD is a nice feature to have though, so throw that into the mix if it's something that's important to you.

post #4 of 31 Old 01-13-2018, 10:03 AM
3rd Gear

I've had this debate as well. I currently have a CX-5 and we're I going to stay crossover I'd upgrade there. Actually, given what Mazda did with the 2018 CX-5's I may still do that. The big thing for me is that 2017 CRV wasn't really any quieter than my older CX-5 or at least not $30K quieter. The CX-5 is fun to drive also, something I don't expect from the CRV and with the CX-5's refresh they did a lot for the NVH problem.

As far as the Accord goes it's mostly the same arguments but the Accord is an upgrade on the infotainment, MPG, safety, handling, vs my older CX-5. I lose some storage but I don't really need it. What I'm really waiting for is the damn hybrid. I hope it's not Honda's version of a diesel CX-5.
post #5 of 31 Old 01-13-2018, 11:16 AM
3rd Gear

Hate to be blunt, but...

One is a car...the other is not...and it's that simple
dkmatter and Croxley611 like this.

1994 Mustang GT #94Five0
Laser Red Metallic
Born on March 4, 1994 1 of 1,393
Bassani Cat-Back, x pipe & headers, Edelbrock Intake Manifold, FMS 65mm TB, Pro-M 80mm MAF, Custom CAI, KYB shocks/struts, Maximum Motorsports chassis brace package & c/c plates, FRPP Trac-LOK w/3.73s, Cobra R rims 17x9f/17x10.5r
Soon: CHP 347 w/AFR heads, and FTI custom cam

2003 Honda Civic LX Sedan
Satin Silver Metallic

2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0 MT #TheRedhead
San Marino Red
post #6 of 31 Old 01-13-2018, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
V6 9th Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metfanant View Post
Hate to be blunt, but...

One is a car...the other is not...and it's that simple
H,mm never thought about this and are you....
Attached Images
post #7 of 31 Old 01-13-2018, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
V6 9th Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHawk774 View Post
For me it's not necessarily an Accord vs. CRV debate, it really comes down to sedan vs. crossover SUV. I've never driven a CRV, but then again I've never been a crossover-SUV guy either. Despite what people say about certain crossovers "driving like cars" I've never felt that they even come close. Just the fact that they sit up higher and thus have a higher center-of-gravity makes them seem top heavy and tend to roll more. We used to have a Chevy Equinox, and while I'm not sure what the metrics say about the total cargo area, I never felt like that car ever really had much more cargo space than a decent midsize sedan (at least with the rear seats still in place). The only difference is the cargo area is more vertical, whereas in the trunk of a sedan it's more horizontal. I guess it probably comes down more to how you use your vehicles and what types of stuff you're hauling around. AWD is a nice feature to have though, so throw that into the mix if it's something that's important to you.
Yes I think you rightly sad Sedan vs crossover SUV. As this is Honda Forum so I tried to stick to same make.
MY whole life I drove car but now I am seriously thinking next time when I am ready to spend around 30K+ should I go for car or suv. Crossover suv now a days are getting better and better.
post #8 of 31 Old 01-13-2018, 03:06 PM
3rd Gear

I have been asked by several people when they find out my car is $30k+, "Why didn't you buy a SUV?" There is a fair amount of people out there that assume SUVs are just better. For me the answer is simple, I didn't want one. With the Accord (especially the 2.0T) it is WAY more fun to drive, you get a lot more features, and is cheaper to operate. I would also assume there is more rear seat room in the Accord. Plus we have an Odyssey that my wife is VERY happy with, why do I have to drive a SUV? I traded in a really nice Grand Cherokee Overland on my 2015 Accord Sport because I did not need a truck, was tired of 13MPG (lifted off road vehicle that very seldom was taken off road), and it wasn't a lot of fun to drive. As my dad would say, "To each their own." You have to make a decision that is right for you!
kazhuveri likes this.
post #9 of 31 Old 01-13-2018, 03:12 PM
1st Gear

I debated between both vehicles for like 1 second, I’m just attracted to the Accord so much more. I think the cr-v gets uglier with every generation, they’re too common on the road. I went from suv to midsize Truck to Accord and feel I have the most Room and spacious cabin in the Accord. Sure you can pack more in the back of it, but if I need to haul anything big I’ll just borrow in laws suv- which is 3 times a year. People have questioned why I would go from a 4x4 Truck to fwd car living in Canada, I really only needed awd /4x4 over the past few winters a handful of time and comfortable with having a good set of winter tires on the Accord. I do a lot of driving for work so gas mileage is important to me, why do I have to suffer worse gas mileage to have awd that I’ll “need” a few times a year. I have 2 kids (4years/9months) and was a little worried about car seats but after having vehicle for a month I have no regrets. I missed the feeling of driving a car also- more connected to the road which also influenced my decision. Why purchase a suv just because that’s the trend of young families when an Accord is more then sufficient without sacrificing anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jwb998 likes this.
post #10 of 31 Old 01-13-2018, 03:27 PM
1st Gear

Interesting though......... I’ll share what I went through.

I decided it was time to give up the Porsche macan and get a more affordable car - kids heading to college and I work from home.

My first thought was the CRV. I just wasn’t crazy about it. Yes it amazing, but dash and insides didn’t excit me.

So I looked at the accord. Now have the 2.0 Touring. Quite honestly if the CRV had the same dash and got the Sporty “2.0 drive” I might have gotten the CRV.
sub786 likes this.
post #11 of 31 Old 01-13-2018, 03:34 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub786 View Post
H,mm never thought about this and are you....

lol...look, I think at the end of the day I'm just a CAR person...my father owns a Jeep Wrangler, and don't get me wrong...I love the thing, it's great for what it is, but it's not for me...if I WAS going to buy some sort of 4WD/AWD vehicle to drive in the winter months it would be something like a Wrangler over something like an HRV, CRV, or Pilot, but never as my preferred method of transportation...

I TOTALLY see the appeal of crossovers, or SUV's...but they are just not something that wets my appetite...at all...my Aunt and Uncle have a 2016 CRV...my sister has a 2016 CX-5...neither of them give me ANY sort of feeling that I want from a vehicle...
dkmatter and Croxley611 like this.

1994 Mustang GT #94Five0
Laser Red Metallic
Born on March 4, 1994 1 of 1,393
Bassani Cat-Back, x pipe & headers, Edelbrock Intake Manifold, FMS 65mm TB, Pro-M 80mm MAF, Custom CAI, KYB shocks/struts, Maximum Motorsports chassis brace package & c/c plates, FRPP Trac-LOK w/3.73s, Cobra R rims 17x9f/17x10.5r
Soon: CHP 347 w/AFR heads, and FTI custom cam

2003 Honda Civic LX Sedan
Satin Silver Metallic

2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0 MT #TheRedhead
San Marino Red
post #12 of 31 Old 01-13-2018, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
V6 9th Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metfanant View Post
lol...look, I think at the end of the day I'm just a CAR person...my father owns a Jeep Wrangler, and don't get me wrong...I love the thing, it's great for what it is, but it's not for me...if I WAS going to buy some sort of 4WD/AWD vehicle to drive in the winter months it would be something like a Wrangler over something like an HRV, CRV, or Pilot, but never as my preferred method of transportation...

I TOTALLY see the appeal of crossovers, or SUV's...but they are just not something that wets my appetite...at all...my Aunt and Uncle have a 2016 CRV...my sister has a 2016 CX-5...neither of them give me ANY sort of feeling that I want from a vehicle...
That is perfectly fine if you like car. Just wanted to know why people prefer Accord over CRV. I also prefer accord over CRV and other thing is my wife already has CRV so not dying to get a SUV . But I am reaching to that time in life when I want to change when next time I buy . May be I will buy 11th gen accord or new design CRV who knows.
Thanks for your honest opinion. It will help many who are are double mind between car and suv.
post #13 of 31 Old 01-13-2018, 04:49 PM
1st Gear

Six
Speed
Manual

Plus I don't like crossovers/suv.
kazhuveri and fazio767 like this.
post #14 of 31 Old 01-13-2018, 05:54 PM
6th Gear

I have had both. The U in SUV is what is the biggest reason to get an SUV. If you don't need the extra utility of hauling dogs, tossing stuff back there, and AWD, sedans simply drive and ride better. When we needed the utility, we got one. When that need was over, back to sedans.

2014 EX-L, I4 CVT MSM
2008 BMW 535i, Steptronic; European Delivery

Retired Accords
1989 LX MT
1994 EX MT <- my fave of all time before the bimmer
2003 LX MT
post #15 of 31 Old 01-13-2018, 06:20 PM
Rollin in FL

Garage
If you look at my sig, we have an Accord, MDX and Rogue, and currently a loaner CRV while the Accord is at the dealer (hoping to get her back on Monday or Tuesday at the latest). For me, IMO, nothing can beat a good old 90s Honda, especially the Accord. However, the new CRV is quick and fast quiet for a CUV with a CVT transmission. But, I'd still take the Accord over the CRV for MPGs, lower center of gravity, more tranny options, driver engaging, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mine:
Lucky- 1999 Honda Accord LX 2.3L 4AT- 112K (SSM)

Parents:
Pato- 2016 Nissan Rogue SL 2.5L CVT- 42k (ABM)
Lelu 2.0- 2017 Acura MDX w/ Tech 3.5L 9AT-- 2100 miles (BCP)

Long gone:
Lelu- 2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/navi & res 3.5L- 151k (SGM)(traded-in)
2004 Hyundia Elentra Hatchback GLS- Idk miles (Silver) totaled
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.