My New Touring 2.0 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
43Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 43 Old 01-10-2018, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

My New Touring 2.0

I picked up my new 2.0 Touring in Raleigh yesterday. With 150 miles logged, I am incredibly happy with the purchase. Over the past ten years I have driven a new 550i and an E320. I am no expert, but this car drives in the same league. The engine is incredibly quick and has a nice, sophisticated growl to it when you punch the gas. The infotainment system is working fine, and even I, an incorrigible techno-phobe, am finding it easy to operate. I couldn’t be happier with the purchase.

benjaminh, vh2k, slimm1469 and 5 others like this.
is offline
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Hematitis (01-11-2018), internalaudit (01-13-2018)
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 01-10-2018, 09:20 PM
1st Gear

We picked ours up a couple weeks ago and feel the same way. It still kinda shocks me that this is an Accord, not an Acura or even something more expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benjaminh and MaximusW like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to bslenter For This Useful Post:
internalaudit (01-13-2018)
post #3 of 43 Old 01-10-2018, 09:27 PM
1st Gear

Have had mine for 3 weeks and 600+ miles and it feels over-engineered like Hondas were in the late 80's - early 90s. Very happy with the purchase.
sub786 and MaximusW like this.

2018 Accord Touring 2.0T

Previous Hondas:

1982 Accord LX Hatchback 3AT (right side mirror was a dealer installed accessory)
1986 Accord LX-i Sedan 5MT (My favorite Honda I've owned)
1992 Accord EX Coupe 5MT (leather was installed by the dealer back then)

Fun fact: Back in the late 1980s I was the West Coast Editor for Honda Car Owners Society (was a club/newsletter) and I routinely got press cars from American Honda, including the first Acura Legend and Integra, and 4WS Prelude.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hondaguyinla For This Useful Post:
benjaminh (01-13-2018), internalaudit (01-13-2018)

post #4 of 43 Old 01-11-2018, 06:07 AM
8TH GEN BELIEVER

Wow! That is so good to know. There have been a lot of complaints on the forum but I guess that is to be expected. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
MaximusW likes this.

OEM fogs / 22mm Progress RSB / Ultra Racing FSB / Koni FSDs / Modulo grille / debadged trunk /

Previous cars: 2003 EXL V6 Accord Coupe
1995 Accord EX Sedan
1985 Mercedes 300 Turbodiesel
1989 Volvo S90 Turbo
post #5 of 43 Old 01-11-2018, 06:37 AM

Can't see pics. Pics or you're lying.

2007 EX-L 4DR
post #6 of 43 Old 01-11-2018, 06:53 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

I’ll take some today and post, if I can figure out how to do it!
is offline
post #7 of 43 Old 01-11-2018, 07:04 AM
1st Gear

I’ve had my Touring 2.0T for a week and it still puts a smile on my face when I drive it. My only small gripes are directed towards Apple’s design decisions with CarPlay (not a Honda issue). Love the smooth shifting 10-speed and the way it moves the car.

Name: IMG_0050.jpg
Views: 1098
Size: 58.8 KB
The Following User Says Thank You to MaximusW For This Useful Post:
post #8 of 43 Old 01-11-2018, 08:30 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Over the past ten years I have driven a new 550i and an E320. I am no expert, but this car drives in the same league.
Yeah, that's the problem with buying used to enter the luxury market. A new mainstream car will always be a better car than an older luxury car. It does seem that over time the luxury advantage is being eroded. It will be interesting to see what Acura comes up with after the redesign inherits from the Accord. I'm thinking maybe AWD, higher end finishings, and more aesthetic details in general.

It does seem that there may be differences we're not aware of. Honda cited improvement to frame strength on the new Accord, for example, comparing it to C-class cars which I think may have been luxury cars. Would be nice to hear from a car engineer about the differences today.
post #9 of 43 Old 01-11-2018, 10:50 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I picked up my new 2.0 Touring in Raleigh yesterday. With 150 miles logged, I am incredibly happy with the purchase. Over the past ten years I have driven a new 550i and an E320. I am no expert, but this car drives in the same league. The engine is incredibly quick and has a nice, sophisticated growl to it when you punch the gas. The infotainment system is working fine, and even I, an incorrigible techno-phobe, am finding it easy to operate. I couldn’t be happier with the purchase.
I'm sure you are happy with your purchase, but it is nothing like a BMW550. Its not even like a BMW 330. Plus, for those that care, those cars are available with AWD. Its a nice car, but its not a BMW or a Mercedes. I crossed shopped the BMW 330 to the Accord 2.0T. The BMW has better handling, more direct steering, more comfortable seats and overall a more composed ride. In Canada, the standard all wheel drive gives the car better performance on all but dry surfaces. I liked my test drive in etc Accord though. Plenty of power, almost zero torque steer and much more space in the rear seat. I was a bit disappointed with the Honda's steering on the highway though. I find it needs constant correction to keep in the middle of the lane, something the BMW didn't suffer from. The Accord is $15,000 CAD less than the BMW 330.
post #10 of 43 Old 01-11-2018, 11:38 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusW View Post
I’ve had my Touring 2.0T for a week and it still puts a smile on my face when I drive it. My only small gripes are directed towards Apple’s design decisions with CarPlay (not a Honda issue). Love the smooth shifting 10-speed and the way it moves the car.

Attachment 450370
congrats on the purchase. i see you are located in Utah. From which dealer did you get it and how much did you pay for it?

infact that looks Draper to me in the picture!
MaximusW likes this.

Apple Fanatic
post #11 of 43 Old 01-11-2018, 01:34 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.rae99 View Post
I'm sure you are happy with your purchase, but it is nothing like a BMW550. Its not even like a BMW 330. Plus, for those that care, those cars are available with AWD. Its a nice car, but its not a BMW or a Mercedes. I crossed shopped the BMW 330 to the Accord 2.0T. The BMW has better handling, more direct steering, more comfortable seats and overall a more composed ride. In Canada, the standard all wheel drive gives the car better performance on all but dry surfaces. I liked my test drive in etc Accord though. Plenty of power, almost zero torque steer and much more space in the rear seat. I was a bit disappointed with the Honda's steering on the highway though. I find it needs constant correction to keep in the middle of the lane, something the BMW didn't suffer from. The Accord is $15,000 CAD less than the BMW 330.
I don't think the 2018 Accord 2.0T is comparable to a 2018 BMW 550i, but maybe to a 2008 it isn't too far behind?

2005 Acura TSX
In the market for a 2018 Honda Accord
post #12 of 43 Old 01-11-2018, 01:49 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuGeNPoWeR View Post
congrats on the purchase. i see you are located in Utah. From which dealer did you get it and how much did you pay for it?

infact that looks Draper to me in the picture!

Thanks, MuGeNPoWeR. I purchased mine from the Ken Garff dealership on Riverdale Road (paid a few hundred over invoice). I highly recommend the dealership (ask for Mario and tell him Maximus sent you).
You’re correct, the photo was taken in the IKEA parking lot
MuGeNPoWeR likes this.
post #13 of 43 Old 01-11-2018, 03:00 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusW View Post
Thanks, MuGeNPoWeR. I purchased mine from the Ken Garff dealership on Riverdale Road (paid a few hundred over invoice). I highly recommend the dealership (ask for Mario and tell him Maximus sent you).
You’re correct, the photo was taken in the IKEA parking lot
okie i will contact them hopefully in end of Feb/early March. i knew it was ikea as i live right there

Apple Fanatic
post #14 of 43 Old 01-11-2018, 04:05 PM
Corvalis TTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.rae99 View Post

The issue with Accord vs the BMW and Mercedes is the transverse mounted engine with FWD. This configuration has the issue (an issue that admittedly most non enthusiasts don't notice) is that the engine rocks on its mounts in line and in sequence with engine power application and engine braking and I have never driven such a car where I cannot not feel said engine rocking, especially at lower speeds in low gears. Cars with longitudinally mounted engines do not have this issue, especially RWD drive cars. It's this level of refinement of non-engine-rock-feel that is one thing that sets luxury cars apart from transverse engine everyday cars.
MD Accord likes this.

Mark - Retired automotive lighting engineer
14 Accord Touring V6 Sedan

2014 Audi S4 | 2016 Porsche GT3-RS | 08 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 | 2012 Cessna 400 Corvalis TTX

Gone but not forgotten :97 Jaguar XJ6 | 95 Ford Taurus SHO | 77 MGB
The Following User Says Thank You to Markus For This Useful Post:
post #15 of 43 Old 01-11-2018, 04:36 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakau2007 View Post
I don't think the 2018 Accord 2.0T is comparable to a 2018 BMW 550i, but maybe to a 2008 it isn't too far behind?
Yes.

It is a big behind.

Even for the 2008 535.

2014 EX-L, I4 CVT MSM
2008 BMW 535i, Steptronic; European Delivery

Retired Accords
1989 LX MT
1994 EX MT <- my fave of all time before the bimmer
2003 LX MT
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.