Aftermarket remote start for accord 2018 sport recommendations? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
  • 1 Post By KW2004Accord
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 01-06-2018, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Hello everyone,
Would love to know if you purchased the 2018 accord sport 1.5 or 2.0 if you recently put in an after market remote start in your vehicle as it was not an option at the dealership for this trim level.

The salesperson I spoke to originally said it would be cheapest to buy the remote start from them and have it installed by a mechanic.

I called the local dealership (as I made my purchase a couple of hours away from my home) to start getting some numbers about how much it would cost to do remote start, and swapping out both rear and side mirrors. The service dept got back to me and said they don't actually have those parts available yet nationwide. That I should come back in around May and by then honda will have the parts available. If I can't wait for the remote start to "go to a third party but would say you should wait for us" (of course).

Thought I should check in before I start going around to mechanics if someone has a remote start put into their sport that they like and how much it cost them, if they don't mind sharing.

I've done a Google search through different brands and what not, was surprised that stores like best buy offered options, but then other articles said not to use remote starts from those type of stores so.... Yes. Back to the same spot I was in this inquiry.

For anyone looking at this thread for answers, you won't have a problem for the other trims.

If I missed a thread that has this question please let me know-- my search was fruitless but I do have issues with the search function on my phone within this forum.

Thanks!

Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 01-06-2018, 05:03 PM
Out of Control

Just make sure you know how an aftermarket remote start impacts your warranty.

teezythakidd likes this.

2004 4cyl. EX Sedan automatic 510K - 2017 EX automatic 2K
post #3 of 14 Old 01-07-2018, 07:07 AM
REV29K

According to the Honda website, remote start is only not standard on the 2018 LX CVT and 2018 1.5L 6MT Sport models. The rest of the models, including the 2.0T with a 6MT has remote engine start.

You must have the 1.5L Sport 6MT.

post #4 of 14 Old 01-07-2018, 07:19 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2k_Dude View Post
The rest of the models, including the 2.0T with a 6MT has remote engine start.
The 2.0 MT does NOT have remote start.

2005 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan (Satin Silver)
post #5 of 14 Old 01-07-2018, 07:36 AM

Thanked 1,913 Times in 1,361 Posts
Different countries get different things.

Are you in Mozambique?
post #6 of 14 Old 01-07-2018, 10:29 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
According to the Honda website, remote start is only not standard on the 2018 LX CVT and 2018 1.5L 6MT Sport models. The rest of the models, including the 2.0T with a 6MT has remote engine start.

1.5L Sport CVT does not get remote start either... I believe that it's only the EX and above trims in 1.5L and the Sport and above in 2.0L that get remote start, with the exception of the MT models.

Current Rides:
2018 Accord Sport 2.0 (Modern Steel)
2015 Highlander XLE AWD
2007 Tundra SR5

Past Rides:
2006 Accord SE 5MT, 2003 S2000, 2002 MDX, 1998 Civic EX Coupe, 1994 Integra GSR, 1989 Prelude SI
post #7 of 14 Old 01-07-2018, 01:17 PM
REV29K

If more US models do not get remote start than just the two I listed, the specifications on the Honda website are wrong.
post #8 of 14 Old 01-07-2018, 01:25 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:

I may be mistaken, but I don't believe *any* of the MTs have factory remote start.

2018 1.5T Touring Accord
2017 Touring AWD CR-V

Retired: 2008 EX-L, 2011 EX-L, 2013 EX-L, 2015 Touring
post #9 of 14 Old 01-07-2018, 01:34 PM
REV29K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymogul View Post
I may be mistaken, but I don't believe *any* of the MTs have factory remote start.
I'm sure you are right, I wouldn't think any of the MT Accords have remote start either, just saying Honda listed remote start incorrectly on their press release of features & specifications.
post #10 of 14 Old 01-07-2018, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Sorry, what I mean to say is that even with the LX not having remote start, the service mechanic at the dealership said that they could use the same parts from EX on. But both sport 1.5 and 2 do not have the option to begin with and that it’ll be a while until they do. I also thought the 2.0 came with remote start but no dice in the US? If I was told incorrectly, I’d love to know. I keep getting different answers between the dealerships. I’m in vermont and the weather is in the negatives so thats why I was looking into getting it done asap. But obviously what matters is getting it done right the first time. This may end up becoming a project later on if I can’t make it happen this month.
post #11 of 14 Old 01-07-2018, 08:58 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
If more US models do not get remote start than just the two I listed, the specifications on the Honda website are wrong.
I think you may be confusing the push button start (on the dash), which is standard on all models, with remote start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
Sorry, what I mean to say is that even with the LX not having remote start, the service mechanic at the dealership said that they could use the same parts from EX on. But both sport 1.5 and 2 do not have the option to begin with and that itíll be a while until they do. I also thought the 2.0 came with remote start but no dice in the US? If I was told incorrectly, Iíd love to know. I keep getting different answers between the dealerships. Iím in vermont and the weather is in the negatives so thats why I was looking into getting it done asap. But obviously what matters is getting it done right the first time. This may end up becoming a project later on if I canít make it happen this month.
The 2.0 sport AT does have remote start in the US. The 1.5 does not. The 2.0 sport is built on the EX base which gives it all of the features of the EX, including remote start, moonroof, etc. That's why the huge price jump between the engine options for the Sport but not so much for the Touring.

Current Rides:
2018 Accord Sport 2.0 (Modern Steel)
2015 Highlander XLE AWD
2007 Tundra SR5

Past Rides:
2006 Accord SE 5MT, 2003 S2000, 2002 MDX, 1998 Civic EX Coupe, 1994 Integra GSR, 1989 Prelude SI

Last edited by namegoeshere; 01-07-2018 at 09:48 PM. Reason: merge
post #12 of 14 Old 01-08-2018, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Looks like the service guy was wrong then. He told me specifically that both sport options could use the same remote start hardware but that it wasn't released yet. Sigh. Wish I could get some straight answers and solutions from them! Thanks for clearing that up. Maybe if I call yet another dealership they can give me pricing and options....

My dealership did not have the 2.0 in stock, so I am wondering if they lied to me saying they could put it in after purchase to get me to take the 1.5. I got a good price on the car though. Meh.
post #13 of 14 Old 01-08-2018, 12:47 PM
REV29K

I'm not confusing push button start/stop with the remote start. Honda's chart does not differentiate availability of the remote start feature by transmission type, although we pretty much know it's not available on models with the 6-spd manual. It only shows it's not available on the LX/Hybrid & 1.5L Sport models.

Look for yourself at the official Honda Press release documents:
post #14 of 14 Old 01-13-2018, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Has anyone heard anything In the meantime about the release date of remote start parts from honda for this trim (lx)
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.