Anyone else with Hood Misalignment? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
13Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 01-05-2018, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Anyone else with Hood Misalignment?

Hello all. Just picked up our white 2.0 Sport yesterday only to spot the glaring hood misalignment. In particular, the most forward gap stands out like a sore thumb over the beautiful, aggressive front end. I looked online, and the white reveal car on stage even has this defect. Man, I just don't know. My salesman checked before I drove off and mentioned he could leave it with the body shop--hell no! I was hoping it would be a quick fix, but the rubber adjustment knobs offered little help. Anyone else have this issue? I think it's more pronounced on white since the shadow is always there from any angle.

Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 01-05-2018, 08:30 AM
4th Gear

Most of the new ones I've seen have this issue. Unfortunately I think it is improperly stamped hoods and/or fenders since the panel gap misalignment isn't uniform around the perimeter in the ones I've seen. May be a live with it issue.

04 Coupe V6 6MT
post #3 of 23 Old 01-05-2018, 10:06 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGuid View Post
Hello all. Just picked up our white 2.0 Sport yesterday only to spot the glaring hood misalignment. In particular, the most forward gap stands out like a sore thumb over the beautiful, aggressive front end. I looked online, and the white reveal car on stage even has this defect. Man, I just don't know. My salesman checked before I drove off and mentioned he could leave it with the body shop--hell no! I was hoping it would be a quick fix, but the rubber adjustment knobs offered little help. Anyone else have this issue? I think it's more pronounced on white since the shadow is always there from any angle.
As long as the gap is even all the way around, it's no big deal. The way the hood creases, it creates the illusion the gap is uneven when viewing from certain angles. So, the term "misalignment" only applies if the gap is like 8mm on the left and 16mm on the right. If the gaps are all even, all is good.
enne likes this.

post #4 of 23 Old 01-05-2018, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

There are definitely gap variations all the way around, no question. Once closed, the height where the hood meets the fascia is uneven too, this kills the front end view.

I will get better pics when I get home, but this one was from yesterday when I picked it up. It was delivered from another dealership after waiting 3 weeks for the 2.0, so this was the first time I laid eyes on it and I wasnt going home empty-handed.
Attached Images

Last edited by namegoeshere; 01-05-2018 at 10:59 AM. Reason: merger
post #5 of 23 Old 01-05-2018, 01:11 PM
DAV0320

Small area of low dip/step on mine as well. Personally nothing that concerns me even the slightest bit. It's a large hood that's made of lightweight aluminium, variances are to be expected. I do wish they designed it as a one piece right to the grill like the Audi A7 does, it's a cleaner look and would eliminate that extra line.
Attached Images
yanks1 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
RickBlaine (01-08-2018)
post #6 of 23 Old 01-05-2018, 01:19 PM
Skimax

I think mine is actually pretty even...
Attached Images
DAV0320 likes this.
post #7 of 23 Old 01-05-2018, 01:30 PM
S2000driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimax View Post
I think mine is actually pretty even...

Hood even to the eye for me as well. The only alignment issue I've noticed so far, and its only noticeable if you are really looking for it, is the trunk gap by the window is a bit larger on the driver side vs the passenger.
Attached Images
DAV0320 likes this.
post #8 of 23 Old 01-07-2018, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Here are a couple more photos. Im wondering if the dealership would be willing to swap hoods with another platinum white on the lot...
Attached Images
post #9 of 23 Old 01-07-2018, 03:55 PM
Flyinace2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGuid View Post
Here are a couple more photos. Im wondering if the dealership would be willing to swap hoods with another platinum white on the lot...
Wow that is pretty bad. I'd ask them about it. It doesn't look like your knit picking with that one.
post #10 of 23 Old 01-07-2018, 04:02 PM
2nd Gear

Looks like somebody sat/leaned on the right side

Don't mistake activity for accomplishment. 2017 Accord Coupe EX-L, V6
post #11 of 23 Old 01-08-2018, 03:46 AM
4th Gear

Garage
Buick has a display inside our local mall. I seriously can't believe how perfect the body alignment is on all of their cars. The Enclave had extremely tight and perfect body panel alignment all the way around. Honda need to take some que's from GM.
MD Accord likes this.

2017 EX-L V6. WOP. 28% Solarguard. Thinkware F50 Dashcam. Otherwise, Bone stock.
post #12 of 23 Old 01-08-2018, 06:06 AM

Thanked 1,913 Times in 1,361 Posts
^I saw a Buick Enclave owner drinking a pina colada at Trader Vics- and it's panel alignment was perfect!

Yeah, that Honda hood alignment is "too noticeable".
mdreibelbis and Slayinit like this.
post #13 of 23 Old 01-08-2018, 06:40 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBlaine View Post
^I saw a Buick Enclave owner drinking a pina colada at Trader Vics- and it's panel alignment was perfect!

Yeah, that Honda hood alignment is "too noticeable".
Did you meet his tailor?
RickBlaine likes this.

2014 EX-L, I4 CVT MSM
2008 BMW 535i, Steptronic; European Delivery

Retired Accords
1989 LX MT
1994 EX MT <- my fave of all time before the bimmer
2003 LX MT
post #14 of 23 Old 01-08-2018, 07:05 AM
3rd Gear

There's a tad in my 2.0, but more so in my prior CR-V as pictured in my avatar.

Professional Honda Driver

2018 1.5 According Touring, then 2.0 Accord Touring - It's all about the torque

2015 CR-V Touring (replaced one in Avatar, totaled at three months and 3,000 miles)
post #15 of 23 Old 01-08-2018, 08:09 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by motodan View Post
There's a tad in my 2.0, but more so in my prior CR-V as pictured in my avatar.
Lol

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.