Black Chrome Grille - Page 5 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
57Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #61 of 112 Old 01-10-2018, 11:53 PM
1st Gear

Looks great! I was waiting for someone to install it on a Modern Steel Metallic (:

Advertisement

post #62 of 112 Old 01-11-2018, 03:28 AM
1st Gear

hondaguyinla: The Sport grille looks so much better than the OEM chrome mustache. There should be some sort of civic award given to those who choose this environmental improvement.

Hedwig likes this.
post #63 of 112 Old 01-13-2018, 02:14 PM
III

Just ordered the black grille from the dealer. Ended up being a little cheaper than going with the college hills honda. Excited to make the swap! Everyone's pics look great!

post #64 of 112 Old 01-13-2018, 03:12 PM
2nd Gear

Garage
I've searched about 3 sites now, as well as the links posted within this thread. I've yet to locate a black grill for the '16. Am I overlooking something?

I have the WOP Touring and would love to switch out the chrome Unibrow.

Congrats to all of you with these cars. They look awesome.

2003 Honda Accord EX-L V6
285,000 miles
Stock, with no stickers!!

&

2016 Accord Touring WOP
19,000 miles
post #65 of 112 Old 01-13-2018, 03:38 PM
#SaveTheManuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActiveAgent View Post
I've searched about 3 sites now, as well as the links posted within this thread. I've yet to locate a black grill for the '16. Am I overlooking something?

I have the WOP Touring and would love to switch out the chrome Unibrow.

Congrats to all of you with these cars. They look awesome.
The 2016? I think you're looking for a part that doesn't exist...I'm pretty positive Honda never made an optional grille...

You could have yours wrapped or something along those lines though...
ActiveAgent likes this.

1994 Mustang GT Laser Red Metallic
Born on March 4, 1994 1 of 1,393
Bassani: Cat-Back, x pipe & headers, Edelbrock Intake Manifold, FMS: 65mm TB, Cobra Trac-LOK w/3.73s, B-springs, Pro-M 80mm MAF, CAI, KYB shocks/struts, Maximum Motorsports chassis brace package & c/c plates, Cobra R wheels 17x9f/17x10.5r
Soon: CHP 347 w/AFR heads, and FTI custom cam

2003 Honda Civic LX Sedan Satin Silver Metallic
Cold Air Intake

2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0 MT San Marino Red
KTuner
post #66 of 112 Old 01-13-2018, 11:51 PM
III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capth4u View Post
Is the grill “piano black” like the door pillars ? I don’t want to go off topic but how much but is the protective film and do you know what brand?
Sorry to be do annoying-- do you have close ups/breakdown of the piano black pillars??

For everyone who has posted their cars with their new grilles, did you have to put on a front license plate after? My state license plate is cringe worthy. Not looking forward to it...

"Garage"

Accord Sport 2018 Platinum White

Civic Coupe LX 2013 (until I can sell it) Platinum White

Element LX 2007 Blue

Last edited by namegoeshere; 01-19-2018 at 10:48 PM. Reason: merge
post #67 of 112 Old 01-14-2018, 04:22 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
For everyone who has posted their cars with their new grilles, did you have to put on a front license plate after? My state license plate is cringe worthy. Not looking forward to it...
Sorry, thankfully no need for a front plate hear in FL.
Hedwig likes this.
post #68 of 112 Old 01-15-2018, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:

Yes my state does require one but I live in a area that has a influx of other states that do not require front tags. Makes a lot harder to distinguish unless your doing something to draw attention to yourself. So nope not going to run one, looks so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #69 of 112 Old 01-15-2018, 02:54 PM
#SaveTheManuals

While we're on the topic of front plates...as a NY resident, we are required to have a front plate...how/where exactly does the front attach?

1994 Mustang GT Laser Red Metallic
Born on March 4, 1994 1 of 1,393
Bassani: Cat-Back, x pipe & headers, Edelbrock Intake Manifold, FMS: 65mm TB, Cobra Trac-LOK w/3.73s, B-springs, Pro-M 80mm MAF, CAI, KYB shocks/struts, Maximum Motorsports chassis brace package & c/c plates, Cobra R wheels 17x9f/17x10.5r
Soon: CHP 347 w/AFR heads, and FTI custom cam

2003 Honda Civic LX Sedan Satin Silver Metallic
Cold Air Intake

2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0 MT San Marino Red
KTuner
post #70 of 112 Old 01-15-2018, 05:10 PM
1st Gear

Put the black Grill with black chrome accent on Saturday, definitely like the look so far. Not too hard of an install, definitely need some plastic trim tools to get at some of the clips. Attached are some before and afters.

On a side note, holding my phone down to take the photos really shows the gap issue with the hood. Don’t notice it as much at eye level
Attached Images
post #71 of 112 Old 01-15-2018, 06:25 PM
1st Gear

Getting this installed on my white sport this Wednesday and I can't wait! I was a little torn because the sport already has the smoked chrome but I couldn't resist. My wife works for the local Honda dealership so I will not be disclosing price but it's definitely worth it to me. Can't wait for spring to actually clean this car up and make her shine!
post #72 of 112 Old 01-18-2018, 05:31 AM
III

This is a dumb question, but my google search was fruitless... What is PPF?
post #73 of 112 Old 01-18-2018, 05:50 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
This is a dumb question, but my google search was fruitless... What is PPF?

Paint protection film I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hedwig likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to honda#1 For This Useful Post:
Hedwig (01-19-2018)
post #74 of 112 Old 01-19-2018, 03:41 PM
1st Gear

Beer. Check. Expensive plastic parts. Double Check. I'm ready for Saturday now. This thing looks really good in person. The smoked version I have now looks pretty good, except for how it is a water spot magnet, but I'm glad I got this now.
Attached Images
Hedwig likes this.
post #75 of 112 Old 01-19-2018, 06:13 PM
1st Gear

What an awesome factory accessory from Honda. Just got mine done on a white sport this week.

Attached Images
Hedwig likes this.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.