2018 Touring 2.0T Black/Ivory - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
41Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 45 Old 12-07-2017, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
banned

2018 Touring 2.0T Black/Ivory

My dealer (Lynnwood Honda) is putting the finishing touches before I take delivery.

My incredible salesman, Mark Baker (direct number 425 921-1686) gave me the absolute best, most-straightforward deal of any dealership in the Pacific Northwest/Seattle area. I'll do a separate write-up on PNW Honda dealers and call out why Mark Baker at Lynnwood Honda will always get my new car business. Hat tip to SCTrojans for pointing me their way. If you reach out to Mark, mention Doug referred you and it'll help him know from where the referral came.

In the meantime, here's the new one getting the new front grille (note the old one on the ground to the left)

Front view with no license plate holder, the new blacked-out sport grille (you can't see it, but the intercooler is blacked out too). As discussed here: Ideas Needed - Front GrillE Blacked Out

The stock Chrome Unibrow (now removed - and headed for the trash)

The back showing the tiny rear spoiler, black chrome add-on between the exhaust finishers and the Honda chrome wheels (boxes on the right).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dugn For This Useful Post:
internalaudit (12-08-2017), mmeads (12-16-2017)
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 Old 12-07-2017, 08:31 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugn View Post
My dealer (Lynnwood Honda) is putting the finishing touches before I take delivery.

My incredible salesman, Mark Baker (direct number is 425 921-1686) gave me the absolute best, most-straightforward deal of any dealership in the Pacific Northwest/Seattle area. I'll do a separate write-up on PNW Honda dealers and call out why Mark Baker at Lynnwood Honda will always get my new car business. Hat tip to SCTrojans for pointing me their way. If you reach out to Mark, mention Doug referred you and it'll help him know from where the referral came.

In the meantime, here's the new one getting the new front grille (note the old one on the ground to the left)

Front view with the new blacked-out sport grille (you can't see it, but the intercooler is blacked out too). As discussed here: Ideas Needed - Front GrillE Blacked Out

The stock Chrome Unibrow (now removed - and headed for the trash)

The back showing the tiny rear spoiler, black chrome add-on between the exhaust finishers and the Honda chrome wheels (boxes on the right).

Congratulations!, looking forward to your write ups, will definitely give mark a call after the holidays.

post #3 of 45 Old 12-07-2017, 09:50 PM
2nd Gear

Congrats and welcome to the 2.0L Touring family. I purchased the same colour a week ago with the added spoiler which gives a nice subtle distinction in the rear. I didn't mind the OEM chrome grill so I kept it, to me it looks better on black than any of the other colours because of the sharp contrast, esp with the other chrome pieces. The wheels looked better in person so I probably won't change those, however I strongly recommend to get some tint which really brings it all together.
dugn likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greenknight9 For This Useful Post:
dugn (12-07-2017), internalaudit (12-08-2017)

post #4 of 45 Old 12-08-2017, 02:29 AM
1st Gear

Congrats! It looks great. Can't wait to see the pics when it's all put back together..
post #5 of 45 Old 12-08-2017, 04:44 AM
2nd Gear

would like to see what you come up with for the front license plate
post #6 of 45 Old 12-08-2017, 06:25 AM

There's probably some value in keeping the parts taken off and selling them later on. The stock rims should be yours to keep unless you somehow deducted their cost from the new ones.

2007 EX-L 4DR
post #7 of 45 Old 12-08-2017, 06:30 AM
1st Gear

Put that chrome in the box and ship to me. Thanks
post #8 of 45 Old 12-08-2017, 07:12 AM

Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugn View Post
If you reach out to Mark, mention Doug referred you and it'll help him know from where the referral came.
Why does he need to know this?
post #9 of 45 Old 12-08-2017, 07:22 AM
My First Post

18 Touring

Wife’s 18 Touring...went with black wheels,side spoiler,black grill
post #10 of 45 Old 12-08-2017, 07:25 AM
1st Gear

Looks great! Did your dealer end up using the Black Ice radiator coating to black out the intercooler?

2018 Accord Touring 1.5T - (Obsidian Blue Pearl)
2006 Acura TL - RRP
2007 Pacifica Limited

Retired Accords:
1998 EX-L V6 Sedan
1995 EX-L Coupe
1987 LX
post #11 of 45 Old 12-08-2017, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03LXV6 View Post
There's probably some value in keeping the parts taken off and selling them later on. The stock rims should be yours to keep unless you somehow deducted their cost from the new ones.
Thanks 03LXV6 - I had their return taken out of the price. Strangely, all other PNW dealerships said they wouldn't take the stock rims and/or discount the price for their return. Lynnwood kept them and reduced the price a bit. Saves me the trouble of Craigslist/eBay- which I preferred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fogle View Post
Put that chrome in the box and ship to me. Thanks
Sorry - already binned. Plus, It needs fasteners that are broken upon removal. Not that you couldn't have ordered them, but I was personally glad to see at least one 2018 Accord chrome Unibrow excised forever from this Earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer740 View Post
Wife’s 18 Touring...went with black wheels,side spoiler,black grill
Welcome to the forums Boomer740 - See if you can edit your post to get the picture to show. Would love to see it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbojo View Post
Looks great! Did your dealer end up using the Black Ice radiator coating to black out the intercooler?
Yes! Exactly as jimijam recommended. But they had a neighboring body shop with more skill in its application do the work instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBlaine View Post
Why does he need to know this?
'Need' isn't a word I used. Mark is the opposite of a shyster. I'm glad to refer him to the good people on these great forums. He's honest and straightforward guy - much better than most dealerships - and even better than a few guys at his dealership. I wouldn't be surprised if he sent a Thank You note if someone from here bought a car from him. Making that connection is part of doing business. And a bit of '' - which is how I live life.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dugn For This Useful Post:
internalaudit (12-08-2017), jonathanz (12-08-2017), RickBlaine (12-08-2017)
post #12 of 45 Old 12-08-2017, 08:41 AM
1st Gear

Looks great!!! Good taste!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
dugn likes this.
post #13 of 45 Old 12-08-2017, 09:18 AM
6th Gear

So is it just the chrome "brow" of the grill you replaced, or the whole front grill? If it was just the brow, how much did they charge you, about? Less than a hundred, or hundreds of dollars?

Forgive me, but I am a bit confused as to what was done.

2014 EX-L, I4 CVT MSM
2008 BMW 535i, Steptronic; European Delivery

Retired Accords
1989 LX MT
1994 EX MT <- my fave of all time before the bimmer
2003 LX MT
post #14 of 45 Old 12-08-2017, 09:21 AM
6th Gear

That looks fantastic. Congrats!

V6s on V6s
post #15 of 45 Old 12-08-2017, 09:36 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamdog View Post
So is it just the chrome "brow" of the grill you replaced, or the whole front grill? If it was just the brow, how much did they charge you, about? Less than a hundred, or hundreds of dollars?

Forgive me, but I am a bit confused as to what was done.
Essentially it is just the area where you have the emblem that stretches over the headlights (the brow). You have to buy it in two pieces unfortunately, the base that the accessory grill attaches to and then the accessory grill itself. That costs about $350 (the piece that really matters only costs about $35) then factor in roughly $100-$125 to install it at the dealership. (At least in my area)

dugn likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greenknight9 For This Useful Post:
Kamdog (12-08-2017)
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.