2018 Accord / 2017 Accord Side by Side Photos - Page 6 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
48Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #76 of 84 Old 01-02-2018, 05:58 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 332rick View Post
I agree, there are plenty of good comments and opinions from all sides.

I happen to own both 9G & 10G
I recently purchase a 2018 ACCORD SPORT 2.0T WHITE and passed on my 9G to my wife, which I steal back when I get the chance.

I will start out by saying I Love my 9Gen since day one and still do, as for the 10G when I first saw the new design relieved, I did not like it at all.

Cons:
The fastback slope,
Rear and light
Civic looking wheels
turbo - worried about long life
radio location

But the more I paid attention to it, the more I was attracted to it.
I must say it is not the same in a picture or a youtube video than in person "trust me" there is NO JUSTICE, you must see it in person and test drive it.

Pros:
2.0T option on the Sport trim
Remote start
Walk away
Honda Sensing
8"Touch Screen
Apple Carplay
extra room seating
LED headlight
sunroof
Heated seats (front)
Tons of safety features that work really well.

Coming from a 2.4L Sport to a 2.0T Sport is like night and day!
Plenty of power and ton of additional feature with out going into a touring level
Features which I was missing out from my last purchase and regretted every minute till now.
I must say I am a spirited driver, so a CVT can not keep up with me, sometimes I feel it is going to blow up.

Don't get me wrong I love and enjoy my 9G but 2.0T with a 10 speed makes me smile. :-)
I too made this same move from a 2015 Sport 6M to a 2018 Touring 2.0T. The 2015 was a great looking car that was fun to drive if a little gutless, but the 2018 handles significantly better and obviously has a lot more power. The 2018 is so much nicer car then the 2015 Sport. I realize I went from basically the bottom trim (one up from LX) to the top and is another $10k so I understand it is not for everyone. I spent some time in a 2.0 Sport and was very impressed with it, a GREAT package if you don't want or need the other luxury items. I know it is just an Accord, but the car truly drives like a much more expensive car. The features on the Touring are amazing! My wife has an Odyssey with the dual screens and I HATE it! The 8" in the new Accord works so much better!

Advertisement

post #77 of 84 Old 01-12-2018, 03:30 PM
1st Gear

Thought I'd add a side by side of my 2018 Accord EX (left) and 2017 Accord Sport SE (right) when I took delivery of the new and traded in the old (4 months!)

Attached Images
UNLTD1487 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bamafan76 For This Useful Post:
UNLTD1487 (01-26-2018)
post #78 of 84 Old 01-12-2018, 08:28 PM
5th Gear

2018 Accord / 2017 Accord Side by Side Photos

Must say I like the 2017 looks better; 2018 looks more generic like other Japanese cars. Guess you like White?? Funny 7-8 years ago hardly saw any white cars when silver ruled the roost

Tom;
'14 V6 Accord Coupe Auto (MSM);'08 Mustang GT/Calif Special Vert 5 speed; Wife: 2017 New Generation CRV EX-L, prior 2014, '11 & '08 CRVs & '05 BMW X-3 (great SUV)
My prior: '06 BMW 330ci 6-speed, '99 Accord Coupe EX 5-speed; 2002 BMW 325ci 5-speed; '97 Acura CL 5-speed; '91 Mitsb. Galant; '79 Mustang & sold in 2010 '79 Vette (owned for 13 yrs)

post #79 of 84 Old 01-13-2018, 05:45 AM
REV29K

I prefer the front end of the 2017 as well, with the exception of it not having LED headlights. I like the traditional way the white paint continues across the front. I wonder if you did a white vinyl wrap on black center section of the 2018 if it would improve the appearance.

Also, notice the black "rain channel" on the roof of the 2017 model that's not on the 2018. For 2018 Honda is using a new method of attaching the sides of the body to the roof. It's a much cleaner look that I think Honda is the first to do in this market segment. I expect all new Honda cars will be losing the black rain channel trim piece as new models are released.
post #80 of 84 Old 01-23-2018, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
9th Gen EX-L V6, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamafan76 View Post
Thought I'd add a side by side of my 2018 Accord EX (left) and 2017 Accord Sport SE (right) when I took delivery of the new and traded in the old (4 months!)
I think I need to see more angles before I could make a decision on styling. From seeing them in person, I can state that I'm uncertain about the fastback drop over the rear seat. It really looks like it cuts the headroom down unnecessarily.
The Kia Stinger looks great....I think Kia did a much better job with the styling than Honda this time. I might give Kia a run the next time I'm out shopping for a car. What's another eight years anyway!

2017 Honda Accord EX-L V6 (9th gen)
2017 Accord Coupe EX 18" wheels
Michelin A/S 3+ tires
post #81 of 84 Old 01-24-2018, 02:38 PM
1st Gear

Break, break. Just noticed this: Totally unrelated to the subject of this thread -- and I apologize for jumping the thread -- I have to wonder whether anyone else noticed that this Honda store (an automobile dealership) is decked out in the colors historically reserved for Honda motorcycle dealerships. Namely, RED verses BLUE. I wonder how the store got permission from American Honda to do this? It is not something that's optional or left to the store's owner to choose. It also goes against 40-some-odd-years of Honda tradition.

SnowWhite2018 likes this.
post #82 of 84 Old 01-24-2018, 08:24 PM
1st Gear

[QUOTE=Spied4US;6299698]Break, break. Just noticed this: Totally unrelated to the subject of this thread -- and I apologize for jumping the thread -- I have to wonder whether anyone else noticed that this Honda store (an automobile dealership) is decked out in the colors historically reserved for Honda motorcycle dealerships. Namely, RED verses BLUE. I wonder how the store got permission from American Honda to do this? It is not something that's optional or left to the store's owner to choose. It also goes against 40-some-odd-years of Honda tradition.
Attached Images
ryannel2003 and SnowWhite2018 like this.

2018 Accord Sport 2.0 6MT- San Marino
2012 Odyssey Touring Elite
2011 4Runner Limited (Lifted and stuff)
2002 S2000 - Sebring Silver
post #83 of 84 Old 01-24-2018, 09:21 PM
1st Gear

The 9th gen is a classy car and nice, but the 10th gen styling is much more advanced. After I bought the 10th gen, I had to bring it in for a couple accessories and they gave me a 9th gen to use as a loaner. The 9th gen felt so dated after being in the 10th gen. Not to say the 9th gen isn't a good looking car, but it has lost its luster in today's world where technology and design change so quickly. The 9th gen looks a bit pedestrian now... and in 5 years the same will be true for the 10th. At the end of the day, drive what appeals to you and has what you want/ need. No matter, I have found that the Accord provides tremendous bang for the buck and is a great everyday driver whether its the 1.5 or 2.0.
The Following User Says Thank You to drots For This Useful Post:
STEALTH (01-25-2018)
post #84 of 84 Old 01-25-2018, 02:05 PM
1st Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spied4US View Post
Break, break. Just noticed this: Totally unrelated to the subject of this thread -- and I apologize for jumping the thread -- I have to wonder whether anyone else noticed that this Honda store (an automobile dealership) is decked out in the colors historically reserved for Honda motorcycle dealerships. Namely, RED verses BLUE. I wonder how the store got permission from American Honda to do this? It is not something that's optional or left to the store's owner to choose. It also goes against 40-some-odd-years of Honda tradition.

That was the first thing I noticed!

[quote=S2000driver;6300530]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spied4US View Post

So they're red in Canada? Learn something new all the time!

Kim

'18 Accord Touring 2.0T Platinum White Pearl
'16 Accord Sport Sedan Basque Red Pearl

Previous (Honda only between my husband and I)

'16 Odyssey Elite White Diamond Pearl
'15 Civic Si Sedan Orange Fire Pearl
'13 Accord Sport Sedan Obsidian Blue Pearl
'12 Odyssey Touring Elite Modern Steel Metallic
'09 Accord EX-L Sedan Alabaster Silver
'06 CRV LX AWD Alabaster Silver
'98 Civic LX Sedan Inza Red Pearl

Yep, we have a car problem!
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.