Using the self dianostic for the A/C - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 06-17-2006, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
ready to go....

Send a message via AIM to princess
Using the self dianostic for the A/C

How to Retrieve a DTC
The audio-HVAC display panel has a self-diagnostic function for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system. To run the self-diagnostic function, do the following:

Turn the ignition switch OFF.

Turn the fan switch OFF.

Set the temperature control dial on Max Cool, then push the mode control button to select Vent.

Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

Press and hold the recirculation control button.

While holding the button down, press the rear window defogger button five times within 10 seconds. The recirculation indicator blinks two times, then the self-diagnostic will begin.

If there is any problem in the system after self-diagnostic is finished, the recirculation indicator will blink Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) 1 through 6. If there are any problems in the evaporator temperature sensor circuit, the A/C indicator will blink DTC 7 or 8.

If no DTC's are found, the indicator will not blink.

Cancelling the Self-diagnostic Function
Turn the ignition switch OFF to cancel the self-diagnostic function. After completing repair work, run the self-diagnostic function again to make sure that there are no other malfunctions.

Max Cool Position Function
When the mode control button is in the MAX COOL position, the audio-HVAC display panel will automatically select the recirculation mode and turn the A/C on. The recirculation switch and A/C switch are disabled and cannot be turned off in this mode. If the audio-HVAC display panel fails to function as described, replace it.

The Following User Says Thank You to princess For This Useful Post:
TCSDs2003Accord (06-26-2015)
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-01-2010, 03:29 PM
My First Post

So upon doing this my 2004 accords recirculate light didn't come on byt my engine light came on and blinked 5 times...

post #3 of 9 Old 10-25-2010, 11:04 AM
1st Gear

can you tell me how to activate the HVAC diagnostic test in a 2003 v6 dual temperature zone unit?
thanks!

post #4 of 9 Old 12-10-2010, 11:46 AM
1st Gear

Hey Princess, I did that exact procedure and what happened to Epsomax happened to me, check engine light blinked 5 times, but sometimes all of the lights of the A/C, as if everything was ON, started to blink except for the bottom line of the second '8' of the first pair of temperatures. My actual problem is that the fan blower is not working. Everything was working fine and then air stopped flowing though vents.
post #5 of 9 Old 08-12-2012, 07:12 AM
My First Post

Anyone know what the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) 1 through 6 for the recirculation indicator are?
post #6 of 9 Old 10-18-2013, 03:39 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbenson View Post
Anyone know what the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) 1 through 6 for the recirculation indicator are?
Bump, I also would like to know the explanations for the HVAC DTCs 1 through 6. My car is displaying code 6.
post #7 of 9 Old 10-22-2015, 07:57 AM
RoopsPhoto.com

Does this work on the Navigation equipped Accords?

03 Accord EX-L Navi 5spd 95k miles| 05 CRV 5spd Manual | 01 Porsche 911

Retired: 94 5spd Accord -300k RIP :( -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
01 Porsche Boxster | 00 BMW 528i | 03 Suzuki GSX-R1000 | 04 Honda Aquatrax Jet Ski

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #8 of 9 Old 06-26-2017, 01:40 PM
My First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess View Post
How to Retrieve a DTC
The audio-HVAC display panel has a self-diagnostic function for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system. To run the self-diagnostic function, do the following:

Turn the ignition switch OFF.

Turn the fan switch OFF.

Set the temperature control dial on Max Cool, then push the mode control button to select Vent.

Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

Press and hold the recirculation control button.

While holding the button down, press the rear window defogger button five times within 10 seconds. The recirculation indicator blinks two times, then the self-diagnostic will begin.

If there is any problem in the system after self-diagnostic is finished, the recirculation indicator will blink Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) 1 through 6. If there are any problems in the evaporator temperature sensor circuit, the A/C indicator will blink DTC 7 or 8.

If no DTC's are found, the indicator will not blink.

Cancelling the Self-diagnostic Function
Turn the ignition switch OFF to cancel the self-diagnostic function. After completing repair work, run the self-diagnostic function again to make sure that there are no other malfunctions.

Max Cool Position Function
When the mode control button is in the MAX COOL position, the audio-HVAC display panel will automatically select the recirculation mode and turn the A/C on. The recirculation switch and A/C switch are disabled and cannot be turned off in this mode. If the audio-HVAC display panel fails to function as described, replace it.
Hey Princess,

Are you sure this is a 2003 Accord. Your first instruction is to turn the ignition off. If you turn it off you cannot control any HVAC settings, not fan off, no vent on?
The HVAC screen is turned off on the display when you turn the ignition off?
GC
post #9 of 9 Old 11-15-2017, 09:02 PM
My First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCollins View Post
Hey Princess,

Are you sure this is a 2003 Accord. Your first instruction is to turn the ignition off. If you turn it off you cannot control any HVAC settings, not fan off, no vent on?
The HVAC screen is turned off on the display when you turn the ignition off?
GC
The official service manual states:
1. Turn the ignition to LOCK (0), and then to ON (II).
2. Set the FAN CONTROL dial to OFF, the TEMPERATURE CONTROL dial on Max Cool, and select the VENT mode.
3. Set the ignition switch to LOCK (0), and then to ON (II).
4. Press and hold the RECIRCULATION CONTROL button, then within 10 seconds press and release the REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER/MIRROR DEFOGGER button five times. Release the RECIRCULATION CONTROL button; the recirculation indicator blinks two times, then the self-diagnostic begins.
NOTE:
-The blower motor will run at various speeds when in the self-diagnostic mode.
-Once the self-diagnostic function is finished, the recirculation indicator blinks, and the number of blinks indicates the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC). If there are multiple DTCs, the indicator blinks each DTC in sequence from the lowest DTC number to the highest.
-The indicator pauses 3 seconds, then repeats the DTC blink sequence.
-If no DTCs are found, the indicator does not blink.

Additionally, the 2008 EX-L V6 has a different button setup.
-Skip steps 1 & 2.
-Press and hold the OFF button instead of pressing the RECIRCULATION CONTROL button.
-The codes are different, too:
Apparently I have to have more posts before I can add images. But you can find the codes elsewhere online.

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbenson View Post
1 - An open in the air mix control motor circuit
2 - A short in the air mix motor control circuit
3 - A problem in the air mix control linkage, door, or motor circuit
4 - An open in the mode control motor circuit
5 - A short in the mode control motor circuit
6 - A problem in the mode control linkage, door, or motor circuit

There are also codes 7-15, but I'll save those for when someone needs them specifically. Typing hurts my head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisif View Post
Bump, I also would like to know the explanations for the HVAC DTCs 1 through 6. My car is displaying code 6.
1 - An open in the air mix control motor circuit
2 - A short in the air mix motor control circuit
3 - A problem in the air mix control linkage, door, or motor circuit
4 - An open in the mode control motor circuit
5 - A short in the mode control motor circuit
6 - A problem in the mode control linkage, door, or motor circuit

Last edited by namegoeshere; 11-15-2017 at 09:50 PM. Reason: merge because multi-quote is hard to use
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.