03 coupe door actuator info - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #16 of 19 Old 12-16-2011, 01:15 PM
4th Gear

Yeah, im having trouble getting it out too. Anybody???

Advertisement

post #17 of 19 Old 12-16-2011, 02:29 PM
NHBP AV6 6SPD coupe

Send a message via AIM to sy272004 Send a message via Yahoo to sy272004 Send a message via Skype™ to sy272004
what you mean. what exactly you have problem with?

2004 NHBP Honda Accord V6 6SPD 2dr
post #18 of 19 Old 10-03-2013, 03:12 PM
My First Post

im having a problem with my door not unlocking from the inside. i can unlock it from the outside.

post #19 of 19 Old 01-10-2016, 11:03 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 6MT View Post
This thread has been very helpful to this first-time poster, but I'm hoping you can help this newbie with a problem.

I've gotten to where I can see and feel the actuator on my 2003 2-door. But, how do I get the old one out? Do I need to remove the whole latch? If so, the screws seem to be overtightened or locktighted and I don't want to strip them. Thoughts?

I have a new one ready to pop in.

Thanks!
Do not use a hand impact driver on it - the kind you hit with a hammer. I did this and it bent the sheet metal so that the latch no longer lined up.

There are several You Tube videos on how to replace the actuator, and several show the guy putting a vise grips on a screwdriver to get them out. I thought this was nuts but think better of it in retrospect. It was a bear getting the latch lined up, and I tore up the plastic in the process.

2007 Accord SE 3.0 Sedan 5AT
2003 Accord EX 2.4L Coupe 5AT
2008 BMW R1200R
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.