04 audio wiring - EX-V6 Manual Transmission - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-06-2011, 05:43 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

04 audio wiring - EX-V6 Manual Transmission

Hello there, I did find the thread about "04 audio wiring" but it does not help me because I own an Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 with the 6 speed manual transmission that comes with the premium audio system.

I'm looking into replacing my broken center console (radio/ac unit) with this :

I unmounted the radio unit and took a picture of the back of it :

You might notice that it has this unusual black box between the two green connector. I've found this to be a crossover that split the front speaker signal to feed the extra 2 tweeters that comes with the premium audio system.

The crossover appears to be standalone since you can unscrew it from there and there is no wires that connect it directly to the radio assembly. See this picture :

The eway radio I'm considering have no connector where I'd plug the cable that normally goes in the crossover.

My questions are :
- Can I simply fasten the crossover somewhere else and plug the original cable in?
- Will it still work?
- Does anyone have the schematic for the crossover?
- Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the EX-V6 Manual Transmission Premium audio system?

Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-07-2011, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Possible answer

I think I might have answered my own question with the help of a multimeter and an old home (not car) stereo radio.

The connector of the crossover is layed out as follow :
89--abc

The connector of the radio unit is layed out as follow :
g---hijklmno
pqrstuvwxyzf

By testing the continuity of certain pins with the multimeter, I was able to see that the following couple for a circuit :
1-l : where l is the presumed front left speaker output - or + : not sure
8-x : where x is the presumed front left speaker output - or + : not sure
7-k : where k is the presumed front right speaker output - or + : not sure
c-w : where w is the presumed front right speaker output - or + : not sure

We can assume that l,x,k and w are the radio speaker output.
2-9 : Front left speaker
3-4 : Front left tweater
5-a : Front right tweater
6-b : Front right speaker
also connect together. By then feeding those pairs with the speaker output of my home fm radio, I've discovered the mentionned speaker assignement above

All crossover pins are accounted for. Since nothing is feeding power to the crossover, we can conclude that it is a passive crossover installed downstream of the radio speaker output that not only will work with the new gps unit but is necessary because the couples l-x and k-y will not feed the front speakers unless the crossover is installed. I can tell because feeding them with the fm radio output will not ouput any sound to any of the car speaker which means they are not spliced before the crossover unit.

I hope this helps someone else than me!

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.