Replacing Power Steering Pump and Reservoir - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 03-14-2010, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Replacing Power Steering Pump and Reservoir

I am getting ready to replace my power steering pump on my 2004 Honda Accord V6. I have found some very good post on this subject. Looking for answers to the following before I start --

1. I found a good post on flushing the power steering fluid from a 2005 Honda Accord. Is it the same process?

2. One if the first steps is to remove the drive belt from the pulley. What is the easiest way to do this?

3. When I flush the fluid out the fluid is it best to have the front of the car off the ground?

4. Should I flush all the old fluid out with the old pump still on and then flush it again with the new pump on?

5. Any suggestions on a good power steering pump? I have bought one from Autozone - ATSCO.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf 05 PS fluid replacement.pdf (27.8 KB, 1303 views)
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-14-2010, 10:45 AM
VTAKKKK

Send a message via AIM to CYANiDE
1. Can't answer that but I don't see how much different it'd be.

2. You have to loosen the tensioner and then the belt comes right off.

3. When flushing/draining any fluids it's always best to be on level ground.

4. I say you should go OEM with things like that. Never know how an aftermarket one will fit or how it will perform.

2006 Accord EX i4 Sedan - 5AT - Graphite Pearl - [89,0xx miles]
FF Type II Coilovers || Skunk2 Front Camber Arms || Ingalls Rear Camber Kit || Acura TL-S 27mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars || K&N SRI
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.