04 L4 coolant change - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 10-28-2009, 05:43 AM Thread Starter
ready to go....

Send a message via AIM to princess
04 L4 coolant change

here you go....

Attached Images
File Type: pdf 04 L4 coolant change.pdf (47.7 KB, 1289 views)
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-29-2009, 11:50 AM
2nd Gear

Wow, thanks. I guess I need to change my settings because I never got an email notification when you replied. That's exactly what I needed.

Deyo

post #3 of 9 Old 01-13-2010, 03:06 AM
2nd Gear

princess, theres no bleed bolt for the engine block? everything drains from the radiator drain bolt for these K24 engines? or bleeding air out to worry about?

post #4 of 9 Old 01-13-2010, 05:28 AM Thread Starter
ready to go....

True.....many newer Hondas no longer have the air bleeds. You usually run it after you think it's full. Recheck it when it cools. Do this until it's stays full.
post #5 of 9 Old 01-13-2010, 05:36 AM
Administrator

I did the drain and fill on my 05 LX a couple of months ago. Drained the radiator via the quick-release drain plug, refilled with the Honda premix, ran it, squeezed a bit of air out of the top radiator hose, topped it off and rinsed/filled the overflow tank. After running it the next day, it had sucked just a bit out of the overflow - but not much. No air pockets - very easy. Level has been stable since.

andy
post #6 of 9 Old 01-13-2010, 06:06 AM Thread Starter
ready to go....

And there you go! That's how it done!!
post #7 of 9 Old 12-18-2010, 12:32 AM
2nd Gear

Nice step by step instructions, though I have a question. This doc says you need 1.32 gal of type 2 coolant, but I have to read a few times that people only put 1 gal of coolant when changing. How much coolant do I need for my 04 LX 4 cylinder?
post #8 of 9 Old 12-12-2011, 05:46 PM
3rd Gear

Where would I dispose of used coolant (the right way)? It's toxic to animals. I know that auto parts stores regularly dump my used oil...

04' Accord LX sedan - I4, 5MT, satin silver metallic
K&N drop-in filter / deleted resonator & DIY intake Ceramic coated stainless D.C. Sports 4-2-1 header
Random Tech. converter "modified"
TSX intake mani / "Ported" injector base
Throttle body coolant bypass
Powerslot front rotors / Skunk2 upper arms
20mm rear sway, 27mm front sway / '06 EX wheels
Megan EZ Street coilovers / Ingalls rear camber kit
6 speed tower strut bar
Comptech short shifter / Stainless TWM shift knob
post #9 of 9 Old 12-12-2011, 06:04 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenXer View Post
Where would I dispose of used coolant (the right way)? It's toxic to animals. I know that auto parts stores regularly dump my used oil...
Check with some of the quickie lubes in your area. That is where mine goes (Jiffylube). They will usually take if for free but if not, offer a gift car purchase for an xmas gift?

03 Accord LX I4 5spd, 265k miles.
with 19 HFP Wheels and Eibach pro spring kit (second set as the first set of rear springs rusted apart).
Previous car: 98 Civic EX 5sp. with 155K, RIP
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.