rear deck.... where the speakers are - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #16 of 23 Old 04-05-2009, 08:03 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig86 CM8 View Post
whoa whoa whoa whoa...you don't have to do all that to remove the speakers! there are clips that hold in the speaker grills! pop them out and it's 4 8mm bolts holding them in. unclip the harness and reverse order for the new speakers!

i did it with:
my coupe
various customer's sedans & coupes
6gen coupes & sedans
5th gen coupes & sedans (instead of clips, 3 small screws holding it on, but still no need to remove rear deck!)
i would like to revive this thread. While you are correct about this about doing JUST a speaker replacement, the only way to install dynamat around the speaker properly is to remove everything. I did a ghetto install of just speaker replacement in the rear and it's okay, but now that it's spring im going to be removing everything pretty soon. correct me if i'm wrong though!

2014 Lexus IS350 FSport RWD w/ VGRS 35K Miles

Other Cars that i maintain

2007 Lexus RX350 120K miles
2005 Honda Accord EXL V6 AT 80K
2004 Honda Accord EX i4 AT 180K

2007 Accord Coupe EX-L auto I4 - 130k miles Sold
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 Old 04-05-2009, 08:07 PM
NHBP AV6 6SPD coupe

Send a message via AIM to sy272004 Send a message via Yahoo to sy272004 Send a message via Skype™ to sy272004
yeah ill have to finish my passenger door and rear deck so will have to remove all that stuff

2004 NHBP Honda Accord V6 6SPD 2dr
post #18 of 23 Old 04-09-2009, 09:47 PM
1st Gear

I'd really like to install Dynamat on my rear deck I've done my doors but alot of bass comes from those rear 6x9's and rattles, does anyone know a thread or instructions on removing the rear deck in 07 Accord VP(sedan)? Thanks!

post #19 of 23 Old 04-10-2009, 03:32 PM
NHBP AV6 6SPD coupe

Send a message via AIM to sy272004 Send a message via Yahoo to sy272004 Send a message via Skype™ to sy272004
search in manual section

2004 NHBP Honda Accord V6 6SPD 2dr
post #20 of 23 Old 04-10-2009, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
ready to go....

Send a message via AIM to princess
post #21 of 23 Old 05-18-2009, 04:45 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess View Post
page 4 for coupe;

Remove the rear shelf (A).

-1 From the trunk compartment, release the hooks (B) from the rear seat-back lock cylinder (C), then remove the lock cylinder trim (D).
-2 Lift the rear shelf to detach the clips.
-3 Release both rear corner edges (E) of the rear shelf from the rear window opening flange (F), and pull the rear shelf toward the front of the vehicle.

Pull the rear center seat belt (G) out through the slit (H) in the rear shelf.

Install the shelf in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:

Replace any damaged clips.

When installing the rear shelf, slip the rear center seat belt through the slit in the rear shelf.

Push the clips and hooks into place securely.

Make sure the high mount brake light bulb socket is connected securely.

i have an 07 coupe, stuck on step E. this is tucked underneath the rear quarterpanels and it seems like the only way to remove the rear deck is to take off the quarterpanels as well. can someone describe in more detail how to remove the rear corner edges?

2014 Lexus IS350 FSport RWD w/ VGRS 35K Miles

Other Cars that i maintain

2007 Lexus RX350 120K miles
2005 Honda Accord EXL V6 AT 80K
2004 Honda Accord EX i4 AT 180K

2007 Accord Coupe EX-L auto I4 - 130k miles Sold
post #22 of 23 Old 09-06-2009, 05:06 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubuggin View Post
thank you Princess for providing instructions!
Unfortunately I've run into a problem. It seems that the side parts of the rear seat that don't fold down are stopping me from removing the rear deck completely. Could you provide instructions on how to remove the side parts of the rear seat that don't fold down?
PS: This is on a 2005 honda accord sedan
I was just stuck on this for about 30-60 minutes. The key to removing these side cushions is.......

1) Remove the bolt that holds them to the floorboard
2) Pull up from the bottom
3) This is key: give a palm strike to the top/front of the cushion and it should provide the necessary shock to get it to slide up and out of the retaining slots.

These held me back for a long time because I was afraid I was going to break something.

I found the trick because when I applied the upwards pressure while pushing the top of the cushion towards the base of the rear window, I saw the cushion move up another inch or so. So, I applied pulled up on it again and gave it a good whallup and it popped right out.
post #23 of 23 Old 11-20-2009, 11:36 AM
1st Gear

Does anyone know if the 09 coupe is the same in removing back panel or if theres a easier way to remove the stock Woofer completely?

Belize Blue 09' V6 Coupe w/ Navi
Kenwood 12" sub
8000k h.i.d. kit
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.