Drive Accord Honda Forums - View Single Post - Replacement key? | radio-pro.ru
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 04-20-2008, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
BeaufordBuddy
Fully loaded

Send a message via AIM to BeaufordBuddy
Okay, I managed to pry open the back cover of the fob (the part with the Honda "H" logo). I had to cut away at some of the plastic in order to take it off. I don't understand why this screw is on so damn tight. Does this thing have to be torque down or something damn? I look in the Honda eStore for a replacement part and I can't just order that one back over. It costs $3.43 and the screw itself costs $1.75 (wow!). I'll call the local Honda dealership tomorrow and have them order those two things. Oh and there doesn't seem to be any apparent water damage to the internal keyless entry mechanism. I thought that under the fob cover there would be exposed circuitry but there is a separate piece that holds the battery and is sealed to prevent water from entering. Pretty nifty. Just another testament of great Honda ingenuity. Thanks everyone. I'm glad I managed to work this out. I didn't want to end up paying $100+ for a replacement key.

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 (Satin Silver Metallic)

Specs found
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to

Related pages

caliper bleeder valve1989 accord lxiside curtain airbag replacement costhid installation costhow to stop tire dry rotmy belize comlucas upper cylinder lubricantcar cranks but doesn t startsvc car stereovcm2gta car kits best buyeco assist system honda1999 honda civic interiorhow to find honda civic radio codehomemade cargo net2008 honda accord mugen grillrear brake caliper replacementoem g35 wheelspandora keeps pausingscion sfegr valve acura tldrilled and slotted rotors vs regularcollinitehonda accord on craigslisthonda accord radio replacementsaturn sc2 modsk20 intake2012 honda pilot backup camerahonda pilot power steering fluid changeh&r coilstsx rear window visorrpf1 wheel weightplasti dip avalanche2001 jetta timing belt replacement costpennzoil pure plus reviewreplace engine coolant costrear brake pads and rotors costhonda odyssey mud flapsniche verona m149radiator pa66 gf30trailer hitches charlotte ncsylvania zxe h9how to reset a viper remote startercheck engine light codes p0420car shakes over 60honda civic ex lx difference2008 acura mdx gas mileagepower steering pump for 2003 honda accord8th gen accord rimshow much does a tpms sensor costhonda accord wiper armcarplay aftermarket systemhonda accord 2000 brake padshonda accord v6 transmission fluid changepioneer bass knob2000 honda odyssey engine diagramxxr 527 18x8.75 weightmorimoto hid bulbsavital 5303lanti theft honda accordhonda accord subframe recallcruise control honda jazzcar leaking coolant on passenger sidehonda accord tpms light onwill a knock sensor stop a car from starting2006 civic radio code5x115 steel wheelsparrot bluetooth harnesscold shudderhonda accord coupe jdmkenwood ddx719 manualspark plug crush washertpms sensor locationrims 350ztransmission repair honda accordkumho tires tire rackwindow tinting parkville mdhonda civic lambo doors