Join Date: Nov 2016
location: Sanford, NC
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
OK, I'm making my list for engine and exhaust mods, and here's what I have so far:
- ATLP V2-RJ-Pipe, 2013-2017 Honda Accord V6 $398.05
- RV6 Performance EGR-B HFPCs (High Flow Precats), 2013+ Honda Accord V6 $625.00
- Magnaflow Performance Cat-Back Exhaust System, 2013-17 Honda Accord (V6 Coupe) $775.94
- Vibrant Universal GESI High Output Catalytic Converter $379.91
- HTSpec J37 Magnesium Intake Manifold & Throttle Body Kit, Honda J-Series V6 (ALL Single-Port Exhaust Engines) (Silver Painted, Top Plate w/o Butterfly Valve, Add J37 Throttle Body, Add P2R Thermal Gaskets) $728.88
- Heeltoe HTSpec Silicone Coupler, Honda/Acura Applications (w/ J37 Intake Throttle Body Conversions & Aftermarket Intakes) $35.00
Regarding the Magnaflow exhaust, I'd prefer a Borla catback but can't find one.
All parts listed are from Heeltoeauto, except for the catalytic converter, which is from kseriesparts.com.
Total parts cost, as listed without shipping or labor, is $2,942.78
Here are my questions and concerns - I'm hoping more experienced forum members will provide beneficial feedback:
1. If I replace the J-pipe, I will add a catalytic converter to the exhaust.
- Will it ultimately provide a noticeable increase in performance, or am I better off leaving the stock J-pipe on?
- Even if it does provide a performance increase, will it be worth the hassle and expense? (I know this is subjective.)
- If it's worth the hassle, is the catalytic converter I have listed sufficient?
2. I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions regarding the rest of my list.
Master Sergeant, USAF (retired)
2016 Accord V6 EX-L Coupe
Wolo Horns; WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors/Sunroof Wind Deflector; AVS Bug Deflector; LasFit Low Beam LEDs; OPT7 Aura Ambient Lighting; Tint; Interior LED Lights; JDM ASTAR Switchback Signals; LGD521 2-channel dash cam; HFP Suspension; Progress 22mm anti-sway bar