Mods (or KTuner) for better high elevation performance - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 01-14-2018, 03:20 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Mods (or KTuner) for better high elevation performance

Hi folks,

I moved from VA to northeast AZ (Chinle) beginning of December. I spent a year in this area in 2011-12, again 2013-14 and guess what? I guess I love the rez cause I keep coming back.

Seems that it's pretty universally accepted there is 3% loss of HP for every 1000 ft rise in elevation, meaning I am loosing 47.5 hp, turning my 278 hp J35 into a 230 hp engine.

To be honest, it feels like I have lost 50+ hp. The engine feels so very anemic. It is much worse at high rpm. Judging distance here is sort of a challenge and passing gets sort of scary.

Aside from FI, would anything help to remedy this? I have thought about KTuner for a long while. I really don't give a crap about throttle response or shift map. I am curious if there is anyway to improve the WOT power, as that's my only issue with the car (i.e., at high elevation).

Thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2015 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 6AT
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-14-2018, 08:09 AM
2nd Gear

Has your mileage gone up as well? The ECU should have adjusted the fuel so the vehicle is running leaner. Short of cramming more air into the cylinder with a turbo or s/c I'm not sure what the answer would be.

I moved from Idaho to Williamsburg, VA and my mpg dropped considerably. I had a supercharged 3.8L 6 cylinder. I never realized elevation had such an impact.

Don't mistake activity for accomplishment. 2017 Accord Coupe EX-L, V6
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.