Mods (or KTuner) for better high elevation performance - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Today, 03:20 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Mods (or KTuner) for better high elevation performance

Hi folks,

I moved from VA to northeast AZ (Chinle) beginning of December. I spent a year in this area in 2011-12, again 2013-14 and guess what? I guess I love the rez cause I keep coming back.

Seems that it's pretty universally accepted there is 3% loss of HP for every 1000 ft rise in elevation, meaning I am loosing 47.5 hp, turning my 278 hp J35 into a 230 hp engine.

To be honest, it feels like I have lost 50+ hp. The engine feels so very anemic. It is much worse at high rpm. Judging distance here is sort of a challenge and passing gets sort of scary.

Aside from FI, would anything help to remedy this? I have thought about KTuner for a long while. I really don't give a crap about throttle response or shift map. I am curious if there is anyway to improve the WOT power, as that's my only issue with the car (i.e., at high elevation).

Thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2015 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 6AT
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread: