SC kit for k24w - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 01-04-2018, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

SC kit for k24w

I know about a year or so ago, there was a centrifugal type supercharger kit for the k24w (can't find it now for some reason). I also know that slickfab makes a turbo kit for both the I4 and V6 models, and I've actually came across another custom turbo kit for the k24w on YouTube. Was doing some browsing today and came across a complete SC kit for the k24w:

Company is based in Russia, so I've never heard of them or even know how credible they are. They do provide dyno charts on their website (don't know how legitimate they are either).

Thoughts?

Here is a picture of the kit installed:

2015 Honda Accord Sport:

Performance: Ktuner, RV6 Downpipe, Takeda Axleback, Takeda SRI, 17mm RSB, Horn Upgrade

Looks: Custom Front Grille, OEM Sport Bodykit, 25% Tint, 5k XD HIDs, 5k exLED Interior, Trunk, and License Plate Bulbs, 5k LED All Over, Various Chrome Trim Color Matched

My Channel:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 01-04-2018, 01:10 PM
3rd Gear

I'd say it's rediculously cheap... Would you install a turbo kit worth less than 250$ plus shipping? I can't say whether it's reliable, nobody can, I guess. But isn't this suspiciously cheap? Subscribed to watch it burn...

post #3 of 30 Old 01-04-2018, 02:12 PM
Call me Z

I didn't see any pricing anywhere on that site. Also, I've heard of Rotrex. If memory serves, those are the blowers that Kraftwerks and several other companies use in their setups. The blower alone goes for just over $2k. As for the Russian site, I'd say keep shopping around unless you actually read, write and speak Russian.

2017 White Orchid Pearl Sport k24 CVT
Stock as **** but I love it

2005 Satin Silver Metallic LX sedan k24 5MT
Had a bunch of suspension and stereo mods. R.I.P. 4/17/17

post #4 of 30 Old 01-04-2018, 05:33 PM
V6 6MT CBP

Garage
Um, yeah - let us know how it turns out. The English on that site is from a bad James Bond movie.....

2003 I4-AT LX Sedan (Daughter's car)
2003 V6-6MT HFP Coupe (Son's car)
2015 V6-6MT Coupe
post #5 of 30 Old 01-04-2018, 06:07 PM
port & polish everything

Anyone who has CVT, the limiting factor is the tranny, not engine mods.

2003 LX eternal blue sedan - tsx intake manifold, dc sports header, fujita cold air intake, hondata and p2r heatshields, tls rear sway bar, 6mt strut bar, brembo rotors
2007 SE cool blue sedan - p2r heatshield, k&n drop in, no resonator
2010 LX-S belize blue coupe - bored throttle body, ported runners, hps silicone intake, aem drop in, tsx rear sway bar, ktuner.com
post #6 of 30 Old 01-05-2018, 04:13 AM
1st Gear

This is the same set up Honda uses for the supercharged HFP CRZ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 30 Old 01-05-2018, 10:09 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerteg View Post
I didn't see any pricing anywhere on that site. Also, I've heard of Rotrex. If memory serves, those are the blowers that Kraftwerks and several other companies use in their setups. The blower alone goes for just over $2k. As for the Russian site, I'd say keep shopping around unless you actually read, write and speak Russian.
My bad. I mistook the pages. The actual prices range from 3849 to 4399 euro for K-series if I read it correctly this time...

Still, I'm not sure if the kits in the chart are those of Rotrex...
The problem is that even a branded part does not guarantee the quality of the whole set. Who takes a chance?

To be honest, I can't understand why one should bother to buy a 5000$ kit and spend almost the same amount of money to have it shipped, installed and tuned if he still has the transmision which will barely handle additional power and will burn sooner or later? Why not invest the same money in something with more horses at the same price? Well, I guess this is a question constantly asked here...

Last edited by RobRac; 01-05-2018 at 10:13 AM. Reason: adding a link
post #8 of 30 Old 01-05-2018, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRac View Post
My bad. I mistook the pages. The actual prices range from 3849 to 4399 euro for K-series if I read it correctly this time...

Still, I'm not sure if the kits in the chart are those of Rotrex...
The problem is that even a branded part does not guarantee the quality of the whole set. Who takes a chance?

To be honest, I can't understand why one should bother to buy a 5000$ kit and spend almost the same amount of money to have it shipped, installed and tuned if he still has the transmision which will barely handle additional power and will burn sooner or later? Why not invest the same money in something with more horses at the same price? Well, I guess this is a question constantly asked here...
haha, yea...... that does get asked here alot. I guess the fact of being different. The 9th gen accord is a good looking car, and can be an ultimate sleeper if boosted. I've owned my fair share of fast cars which I have modded; EVO X, corvette, boosted S2K, Cobalt SS, etc. It's the same question I've seen when I was in the Ford Probe scene, why spend all that money in a car than just getting a faster car? I guess that's what drives the market tho, individuals willing to do something different, etc.

Same question can go; (REMOVED BY MODERATOR FOR SWEARING)

2015 Honda Accord Sport:

Performance: Ktuner, RV6 Downpipe, Takeda Axleback, Takeda SRI, 17mm RSB, Horn Upgrade

Looks: Custom Front Grille, OEM Sport Bodykit, 25% Tint, 5k XD HIDs, 5k exLED Interior, Trunk, and License Plate Bulbs, 5k LED All Over, Various Chrome Trim Color Matched

My Channel:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by RickBlaine; 01-13-2018 at 06:49 AM. Reason: swearing
post #9 of 30 Old 01-05-2018, 12:29 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15BlkSport View Post
haha, yea...... that does get asked here alot. I guess the fact of being different. The 9th gen accord is a good looking car, and can be an ultimate sleeper if boosted. I've owned my fair share of fast cars which I have modded; EVO X, corvette, boosted S2K, Cobalt SS, etc. It's the same question I've seen when I was in the Ford Probe scene, why spend all that money in a car than just getting a faster car? I guess that's what drives the market tho, individuals willing to do something different, etc.

Same question can go; (REMOVED BY MODERATOR FOR SWEARING)
Oh, that's perfectly clear. I do appreciate individualism and spending any amount of money on one's project. I meant something different. It makes sense for me to build a honda to beat a ferrari, I admire 1998jza80's job, but I can't see the point in boosting K24 when you already have J35 V6 at your fingertips. Only to show it's possible? For how long?
post #10 of 30 Old 01-05-2018, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRac View Post
Oh, that's perfectly clear. I do appreciate individualism and spending any amount of money on one's project. I meant something different. It makes sense for me to build a honda to beat a ferrari, I admire 1998jza80's job, but I can't see the point in boosting K24 when you already have J35 V6 at your fingertips. Only to show it's possible? For how long?
yea, I would've most definitely bought a v6, but they didn't have one in the sedan that was 6 speed manual. I think if Honda made the v6 6 speed manual in sedan form, there would've been a greater aftermarket for these cars.

2015 Honda Accord Sport:

My Channel:
post #11 of 30 Old 01-06-2018, 02:23 PM
Call me Z

Quote:
yea, I would've most definitely bought a v6, but they didn't have one in the sedan that was 6 speed manual. I think if Honda made the v6 6 speed manual in sedan form, there would've been a greater aftermarket for these cars.
I disagree. Look at the abysmal sales numbers of the 06-07 v6 6 speed sedans. There wasn't much of an aftermarket for the sedans period. Most of the stuff out there had to be adapted from the coupes.

2017 White Orchid Pearl Sport k24 CVT
Stock as **** but I love it

2005 Satin Silver Metallic LX sedan k24 5MT
Had a bunch of suspension and stereo mods. R.I.P. 4/17/17
post #12 of 30 Old 01-07-2018, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerteg View Post
I disagree. Look at the abysmal sales numbers of the 06-07 v6 6 speed sedans. There wasn't much of an aftermarket for the sedans period. Most of the stuff out there had to be adapted from the coupes.
oh, ok. didn't know that.

2015 Honda Accord Sport:

My Channel:
post #13 of 30 Old 01-08-2018, 09:09 AM
2nd Gear

Yeah, a 6-6 sedan would’ve been a must purchase for me had they still offered them.

OP, I came across that website a few months ago. Cool to see that there are both SC/turbo options for our platform but a real boosted K24W owner’s experience/advice would make me feel more comfortable before proceeding with anything. Regardless of how much time or money or problems one might run into, it’s worth a go to create something unique and fun. I contacted a few reputable Honda/Acura performance shops on the east coast inquiring a proper build but haven’t had any luck so far (expectingly). There’s a guy in Florida who recently sold his entire turbo kit from his 6 speed CR2 for 5k including a custom fabbed 3 inch exhaust. I won’t share his info on here for privacy reasons but I contacted him back when he first boosted his Sport and he said that he ultimately redid the kit four times before he had to rebuild his transmission. He even had a custom flange being made to run four more injectors. The biggest issue after the kit itself would be having a solid tune. Slickfab also sells kits but at the end of the day, it’s a lot of money once you factor in tuning and custom fab work so I’d rather spend it once I find someone who has experience with the same project.

All in all, there’s a lot of work that has to be done but it can be worth it if you know what you’re gettng into.
Attached Images

2017 WOP Accord Sport 6MT
Suntek 18% all around/35% on windshield
Avery Dennison Gloss Black Roof Wrap
Manzo Polycarbonate Window Visors
Morimoto XB 5500k HIDs
Full JDM ASTAR LED conversion (interior/exterior)
JDM ASTAR Switchbacks
JDM ASTAR LED Amber Rear Turn Signals
DIYCarModz PNP Resistors
Injen CAI
RV6 PCD
Megan Racing Test Pipe
Tsudo Catback Exhaust
Ktuner
OPT7 Aura LED Interior Lighting Kit
VViViD XPO Interior
Mishimoto Shift Knob
V1 Radar
Rexing V1 Dashcam
post #14 of 30 Old 01-08-2018, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17wop6mtcr2 View Post
Yeah, a 6-6 sedan would’ve been a must purchase for me had they still offered them.

OP, I came across that website a few months ago. Cool to see that there are both SC/turbo options for our platform but a real boosted K24W owner’s experience/advice would make me feel more comfortable before proceeding with anything. Regardless of how much time or money or problems one might run into, it’s worth a go to create something unique and fun. I contacted a few reputable Honda/Acura performance shops on the east coast inquiring a proper build but haven’t had any luck so far (expectingly). There’s a guy in Florida who recently sold his entire turbo kit from his 6 speed CR2 for 5k including a custom fabbed 3 inch exhaust. I won’t share his info on here for privacy reasons but I contacted him back when he first boosted his Sport and he said that he ultimately redid the kit four times before he had to rebuild his transmission. He even had a custom flange being made to run four more injectors. The biggest issue after the kit itself would be having a solid tune. Slickfab also sells kits but at the end of the day, it’s a lot of money once you factor in tuning and custom fab work so I’d rather spend it once I find someone who has experience with the same project.

All in all, there’s a lot of work that has to be done but it can be worth it if you know what you’re gettng into.
Have you tried and called InlinePro here in Springfield, VA?

2015 Honda Accord Sport:

My Channel:
post #15 of 30 Old 01-09-2018, 06:18 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Have you tried and called InlinePro here in Springfield, VA?
I have not. Have you inquired about a build to any shops around us yet?

2017 WOP Accord Sport 6MT
Suntek 18% all around/35% on windshield
Avery Dennison Gloss Black Roof Wrap
Manzo Polycarbonate Window Visors
Morimoto XB 5500k HIDs
Full JDM ASTAR LED conversion (interior/exterior)
JDM ASTAR Switchbacks
JDM ASTAR LED Amber Rear Turn Signals
DIYCarModz PNP Resistors
Injen CAI
RV6 PCD
Megan Racing Test Pipe
Tsudo Catback Exhaust
Ktuner
OPT7 Aura LED Interior Lighting Kit
VViViD XPO Interior
Mishimoto Shift Knob
V1 Radar
Rexing V1 Dashcam
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.