Turbo 6-6 AWD Swap - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
14Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #16 of 25 Old 12-01-2017, 04:55 AM
Rob
1st Gear

nice

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob For This Useful Post:
1998jza80 (12-05-2017)
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 Old 12-01-2017, 08:46 PM
3rd Gear

Probably the coolest thread in the 9th gen forum! Wow!

The Following User Says Thank You to ImagioX1 For This Useful Post:
1998jza80 (12-05-2017)
post #18 of 25 Old 12-04-2017, 12:20 PM
1st Gear

You sir are shooting for the stars, and I admire that! best of luck to you! Most of the build is way over my head, but I'm wondering what your doing for weight savings? theses coupes are pigs with just FWD
The Following User Says Thank You to griff19 For This Useful Post:
1998jza80 (12-05-2017)

post #19 of 25 Old 12-05-2017, 05:42 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by griff19 View Post
You sir are shooting for the stars, and I admire that! best of luck to you! Most of the build is way over my head, but I'm wondering what your doing for weight savings? theses coupes are pigs with just FWD
I accepted it will always be a pig. I didn't go crazy with the weight saving yet, and I will probably just pick away at things as they come. I have a lithium battery which saved about 40lbs, the spare and jack etc saved another 40, I will probably leave the interior and rear seats since they maintain the sleeper aspect. A lot of the various small brackets in the engine bay and around the car are gone and that adds up. If it ends up requiring a cage to race that's going to add another 150-200lbs but that's going to take some thought as the sleeper aspect will be demolished and that's a big part of the build. It will probably come in around 3600 once the swap is done, which is still less than what the 8 second GTR's weigh. This endeavor is really just trying to make completely unrealistic combinations and goals, slightly less unrealistic, lol. I will find the balance eventually.

2014 Coupe 6-6 CBP Turbo
post #20 of 25 Old 12-11-2017, 08:05 AM
2nd Gear

I'm glad that you're going through with something like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to calgary_6_6 For This Useful Post:
1998jza80 (12-22-2017)
post #21 of 25 Old 12-16-2017, 06:49 PM
1st Gear

Simply getting your car turboed was already a hell of an accomplishment, swapping it over to AWD is just loony. Wish you the best of luck man, look forward to seeing the progress you make.

2013 Honda Accord Ex-L v6 Coupe
Takeda Short Ram Intake Stage-2 Wrinkle Black
Rv6 High Flow Pre-Cats
Rv6 J-Pipe
Rv6 Double Resonated Mid-Pipe
Ktuner (Turbogixxer Custom Tune)
Ultra Racing Front Strut Bar
Ultra Racing 22mm Rear Sway Bar
VCM and VSA disabled
Simdevanma 6k Low Beams
JDM Astar 7k Fog Lights
Auxbeam 6.5k High Beams
The Following User Says Thank You to Kinsume For This Useful Post:
1998jza80 (12-22-2017)
post #22 of 25 Old 01-13-2018, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Work has been busy, along with the usual snail pace order and delivery system of the performance auto industry, so things have been progressing slowly. I finally got the Sonnax Hellcat flanges to test fit on my prototype adapters, which they fit perfectly, so now the prototype goes to CNC, so waiting on those and the actual driveshaft which will be 3.5" AL. Also started to fit the fuel cell. Rear brakes were also finished up (crosstour bracket, Accord caliper, TL 13.1" rotors)
Attached Images
RobRac and Hubris like this.

2014 Coupe 6-6 CBP Turbo
post #23 of 25 Old 01-14-2018, 01:28 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998jza80 View Post
Work has been busy, along with the usual snail pace order and delivery system of the performance auto industry, so things have been progressing slowly. I finally got the Sonnax Hellcat flanges to test fit on my prototype adapters, which they fit perfectly, so now the prototype goes to CNC, so waiting on those and the actual driveshaft which will be 3.5" AL. Also started to fit the fuel cell. Rear brakes were also finished up (crosstour bracket, Accord caliper, TL 13.1" rotors)
Awesome. After finishing this project, you shoud start selling custom AWD kits. I'm sure you would sell quite a few.
Could you share some info on the rear brakes? I'm going to upgrade my brakes in spring and install the fastbrakes kit based on pilot/MDX rotors plus integra brackets. Never heard of a set like yours...
post #24 of 25 Old 01-15-2018, 04:11 AM
Fry
09 I4 Sedan

This car is future 1320video material!!! This build can do 1/2 mile and 1/4 events! Very nice build man 1000whp is easily achievable.

This guy make it happen and Im sure you will too!!

#HondaLife

2003 Honda Civic Coupe 5spd
2004 Acura RSX Type-S 6spd
2005 Honda Accord Sedan
1989 Honda Civic Sedan 5spd

2009 Honda Accord LX Sedan
post #25 of 25 Old 01-17-2018, 05:57 PM
1st Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998jza80 View Post
Thanks Avio. So you're saying I still don't know how much this will cost, when I've already done it? The most expensive parts are actually the ones I didn't absolutely have to use, being the aftermarket driveshaft and fuel cell.

In order of most expensive to least off the top of my head,

Transmission (used)
Front subframe (used)
Intermediate shaft and front axles (New, but could have done used for 1/2 the cost but none were close by and shipping was too high)
Fuel tank and main/transfer fuel pump (used)
Rear diff (used)
Transfer Case (used)
Driveshaft (shortened myself)
Rear end (hubs/knuckles/brakes/axles) all of that besides the rotors I got used and refurbished myself.

Believe it or not the fuel cell (Radium) and Driveshaft (DSS) are going to cost the same as all of the above used parts put together. If one were to want the AWD swap without those things, it would be surprisingly affordable, assuming they did the labor and could do the small fabrication stuff themselves or have it done cheaply. The transmission was $1400, and the rest of the stuff gets drastically cheaper as you go down the list (being junkyard parts), so the rest of the stuff was "stupid cheap" (you can get the rear differentials for $100 each all day long since they are the same on multiple acuras) and so on.

This initial project was for sure costly as most junkyards don't allow returns, so I have a huge pile of parts that didn't fit (sub frames, axles, hubs, knuckles, fuel tanks etc) but had I had access to a list or guide to go from to avoid all the extra parts, It would have been "cheap" relative to what one would think it would cost.
If you don't mind me asking, the "new" rear sub frame is from a SH-AWD TL right?

2010 Accord LX Sedan (97k)

TL Non-SH-AWD RSB
K&N Drop-in Filter

WOP:
OEM EX trim front shock tower brace
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.