0-60 & 1/4 Mile Timer (KTuner device) - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
8Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 03-29-2015, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Blinded by the light

0-60 & 1/4 Mile Timer (KTuner device)

I picked up KTuner for my V6 Coupe last week and was messing with some of the data running through our CAN bus. I managed to find the speed data.

I pieced together a program (utilizing sample code from OpenPort) that parses the speed data and provides you with LIVE 0-60 and quarter mile times.

1. Plug the KTuner device into the laptop
  2. Close KTuner software (they can't both use the interface)
  3. Start the program, come to a complete stop, when you see "Reset - Ready" it's ready to record data
  4. Once you hit 60 you'll see your time, same when you hit 1/4 mile

The precision is a tenth of a second (I didn't bother rounding) so if you receive 5.79 or 5.81 it's really 5.8. While I'm not sure how accurate this is, it's very precise, so it's great for benchmarking a launch method. A lot more precise and safer than trying to use a stopwatch. It accurately reads 1/4 mile distance driving normally, down to a few feet.

Download:

This should work for any V6, possibly I4. If anyone has any feature requests let me know and I'll add them in.

NOTE: Please use this responsibly. These tests were conducted in a safe area where the speed limit was observed. You'll also note that my quarter mile times are high, because I didn't exceed the speed limit.

2013 Accord Coupe V6
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-

-

-

-

2013 Triumph Street Triple
-Doesn't need any mods...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nayr14 For This Useful Post:
1greek4u (03-30-2015), dtdcampbell (03-29-2015), ffearless (04-01-2015), FreAkInZ (03-29-2015), Ice (03-29-2015), NewCoupe13 (03-30-2015), ScarletExpress (04-01-2015)
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 03-29-2015, 05:39 PM
2nd Gear

Nice! I might have to give this a try.

2014 EX-L V6 Auto WOP
RV6 HFPC
Aries 3D Floorliners
KTuner - Turbogixxer Tuning
post #3 of 16 Old 03-29-2015, 05:56 PM
6th Gear

I'm wondering how it will interface with a Canadian Accord (km/h) That would make for a very quick 0-60 :P

2013 Accord Touring V6
Full oem body kit + deck lid spoiler

-
-
-
-

Tint and Trailer hitch!

post #4 of 16 Old 03-29-2015, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Blinded by the light

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreAkInZ View Post
I'm wondering how it will interface with a Canadian Accord (km/h) That would make for a very quick 0-60 :P
The raw data on the bus isn't in MPH, I'm not sure what units it's in. I have to convert it over to MPH, I could do the same with KPH. It should work for Canadian Accords, just in MPH.

2013 Accord Coupe V6
-

-

-

-

-

-

post #5 of 16 Old 03-31-2015, 11:50 PM
5th Gear

Are you flooring it for the whole 1/4 mile? V6 coupes run 13.5-14 second 1/4s...not 18-32 second 1/4 miles. This is a cool program....I use Torque Pro which has the same stuff using an OBDII bluetooth device and your smartphone.

2014 Coupe 6-6 CBP Turbo
post #6 of 16 Old 04-01-2015, 03:44 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998jza80 View Post
Are you flooring it for the whole 1/4 mile? V6 coupes run 13.5-14 second 1/4s...not 18-32 second 1/4 miles. This is a cool program....I use Torque Pro which has the same stuff using an OBDII bluetooth device and your smartphone.
There is no way he can floor it for 1/4 mile on public roads. I think the numbers are pretty obvious that he is not.

The only issue with the 1/4 mile one is that it very likely count the distance with the same system the odometer uses, this means that tire spin count in reducing the true distance to travel.

2013 Accord Touring V6

-
-
-
-

Tint and Trailer hitch!
post #7 of 16 Old 04-01-2015, 09:58 AM
5th Gear

Yea I failed to read the whole post, my bad. I like the ingenuity here, maybe OP can check out the Torque app which has tons of features and build his own off of that.

2014 Coupe 6-6 CBP Turbo
post #8 of 16 Old 04-01-2015, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Blinded by the light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998jza80 View Post
Yea I failed to read the whole post, my bad. I like the ingenuity here, maybe OP can check out the Torque app which has tons of features and build his own off of that.
The torque app might be even better depending on the device you use. I just did this for fun, and I didn't want to buy another device and/or pay for the torque app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreAkInZ View Post
There is no way he can floor it for 1/4 mile on public roads. I think the numbers are pretty obvious that he is not.

The only issue with the 1/4 mile one is that it very likely count the distance with the same system the odometer uses, this means that tire spin count in reducing the true distance to travel.
Yes, the only way to get an accurate reading for distance would be at a track. However if you have that much wheel spin then you're times are going to be pretty bad.

2013 Accord Coupe V6
-

-

-

-

-

-

post #9 of 16 Old 04-01-2015, 08:20 PM
4th Gear

I'd imagine that a v6 accord could run sub 15 sec ETs if launched right.
post #10 of 16 Old 04-01-2015, 08:24 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRyter View Post
I'd imagine that a v6 accord could run sub 15 sec ETs if launched right.
obviously it can, the guy was on public road. If someone runs a 14s 1/4 mile on public road, that person needs to lose its licenses

2013 Accord Touring V6

-
-
-
-

Tint and Trailer hitch!
post #11 of 16 Old 04-02-2015, 07:27 PM
4th Gear

I wouldn't say it's proven to be obvious. I would guess that 15 seconds is possible on a drag strip for v6 stick.

I haven't seen any time slips. Just a guess but low 15s times seem achievable.
post #12 of 16 Old 04-03-2015, 04:04 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRyter View Post
I wouldn't say it's proven to be obvious. I would guess that 15 seconds is possible on a drag strip for v6 stick.

I haven't seen any time slips. Just a guess but low 15s times seem achievable.
you haven't looked if you didn't see any

First Accord 9G running 13s?

Time slip thread!

Quarter Mile Results: V6 Sedan
Sonnick and ScarletExpress like this.

2013 Accord Touring V6

-
-
-
-

Tint and Trailer hitch!
The Following User Says Thank You to FreAkInZ For This Useful Post:
6spd sammy (04-03-2015)
post #13 of 16 Old 04-03-2015, 05:33 AM
5th Gear

I ran a 13.5. lol

2014 Coupe 6-6 CBP Turbo
post #14 of 16 Old 04-05-2015, 02:36 PM
3rd Gear

Send a message via AIM to Sonnick
V6 6MTs are way faster than 15 seconds lol. Driver makes a big difference though.
6spd sammy likes this.

J30 6spd Coupe
Full Bolt ons/Street tune/Final Drive
13.28 on Street tires
post #15 of 16 Old 04-05-2015, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Blinded by the light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnick View Post
V6 6MTs are way faster than 15 seconds lol. Driver makes a big difference though.
AT's break 13's, at the speed it shifts I doubt it will be much slower than the MT. Fractions of a second if the cars are evenly modded. Just a lot more room for the MT driver to mess up.

With all my mods it makes launching the car with VSA off very difficult compared to stock. I'm excited to see what I can do with summer tires this season.

Sonnick likes this.

2013 Accord Coupe V6
-

-

-

-

-

-

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.