Intake Manifold Spacers - V6 - Who is running them? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 11-07-2014, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
Out of Control

Send a message via AIM to Throwdown
Intake Manifold Spacers - V6 - Who is running them?

Curious who with 9th gen's are running intake manifold spacers (either P2R or modified, milled down MDX spacers)? What your thoughts on them?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|||

Don't see the parts you are looking for...
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 11-07-2014, 08:50 AM
on2
banned

Interesting...

The Following User Says Thank You to on2 For This Useful Post:
BigJ1288 (11-07-2014)
post #3 of 20 Old 11-07-2014, 11:36 AM
Beast mode!

I didn't know it was available for v6..

post #4 of 20 Old 11-07-2014, 12:05 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by on2 View Post
Interesting...
I see what you did there!

Sure thing is that if you run with the Takeda SRI on V6 there is no room left for the spacer. The filter is already VERY tight in that fender corner. I had problems removing it for maintenance.

2013 Accord Touring V6
Full oem body kit + deck lid spoiler

-
-
-
-

Tint and Trailer hitch!
post #5 of 20 Old 11-07-2014, 01:46 PM
No Traction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwdown View Post
Curious who with 9th gen's are running intake manifold spacers (either P2R or modified, milled down MDX spacers)? What your thoughts on them?
You are referring to raising the manifold and basically increasing the runner length? If so, I'm game for something on the v6. I put Crawford Performance billet spacers under the manifold on my Frs and made a noticeable difference in torque.

'14 MSM 6-6 Coupe
Dyno/exhaust vid:

KTuned, RV6 PCDs, no mufflers/Dynomax Bullet resonator, Takeda SRI, P2R intake manifold spacer/riser, Progress 22mm rsb, Dr-38s
post #6 of 20 Old 11-07-2014, 02:11 PM
2014 Accord Coupe V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreAkInZ View Post

Sure thing is that if you run with the Takeda SRI on V6 there is no room left for the spacer. The filter is already VERY tight in that fender corner. I had problems removing it for maintenance.
Intake manifold
Name: ImageUploadedByAG Free1415398290.563144.jpg
Views: 801
Size: 29.1 KB

Intake
Name: ImageUploadedByAG Free1415398301.533805.jpg
Views: 762
Size: 53.7 KB
The Following User Says Thank You to J35Nut For This Useful Post:
FreAkInZ (11-08-2014)
post #7 of 20 Old 11-08-2014, 08:04 AM
ШОС Лукашенко!

Manifold spacer for 2.4 would be nice. I spend most time below 2300 rpm, improving low end torque would be great.

2013 Accord Sport BRP
-V6 front sway bar, Progress 22mm rear sway bar
-TEIN Street Advance coilovers + EDFC
-Acura 4G TL HID retrofit with Morimoto XB35 5500k bulbs
-Evo X GSR wheels, Continental DW tires (245/40R18)
-RV6 Downipe, Magnaflow 10436 resonator
-Ralco RZ under drive pulley
-Turbogixxer e-tune
-Polk Audio db651/db6501 speakers and Rockford Fosgate P300-10 sub.
-Full upper grille block
post #8 of 20 Old 11-08-2014, 11:42 AM
on2
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsABigOne View Post
Manifold spacer for 2.4 would be nice. I spend most time below 2300 rpm, improving low end torque would be great.
It's not that easy. An intake manifold spacer doesn't just work on any car to increase low end torque.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to on2 For This Useful Post:
1998jza80 (11-09-2014), ThatsABigOne (11-08-2014)
post #9 of 20 Old 11-09-2014, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Out of Control

Send a message via AIM to Throwdown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda86 View Post
I didn't know it was available for v6..
Yes -- been selling quite a lot of them. Could of course be more of the 8th gen crowd. Here's the link to the post here on that item discussed in a lot of detail : ::P2R / Throwdown Release 03-12 Accord V6 Intake Manifold Spacer!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreAkInZ View Post

I think you might be referring to the throttle body spacer, which would shift the intake out about another inch (when using 2 thermal gaskets). I'd be interested to see how tight it was though, haven't heard much feedback that it was too short to work, even though the spacer is meant to work with the OEM intake.

Intake manifold spacers are going to slightly raise the intake up more, a lot of people were milling down the MDX spacers because they were causing too many issues with hood clearance, before the P2R was released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd sammy View Post
You are referring to raising the manifold and basically increasing the runner length? If so, I'm game for something on the v6. I put Crawford Performance billet spacers under the manifold on my Frs and made a noticeable difference in torque.
Already available, but yes exactly same type of product. Definitely a noticeable difference in low end, more usable torque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsABigOne View Post
We'd be willing to look into that a bit to see what was possible regarding hood clearance, etc. and if enough interest could work on developing.

|||

Don't see the parts you are looking for...
post #10 of 20 Old 11-09-2014, 06:54 PM
No Traction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwdown View Post
Already available, but yes exactly same type of product. Definitely a noticeable difference in low end, more usable torque.
Ohhh sooooo cheap!! I paid $300+ for the same type of thing on my other car..and I thought the gains were worth it then.

I just ordered!

edit - is that a double product listing on your site? They look to be identical.

'14 MSM 6-6 Coupe
Dyno/exhaust vid:

KTuned, RV6 PCDs, no mufflers/Dynomax Bullet resonator, Takeda SRI, P2R intake manifold spacer/riser, Progress 22mm rsb, Dr-38s
post #11 of 20 Old 11-12-2014, 04:21 AM
Modifier

I've been been running the MDX manifold spacer, full height, uncut. The motor cover must be removed for the hood to close. I've installed and removed it 3 times, I could not find a benefit. It seem to hurt my top end and couldn't tell any increased torque on the bottom I would be happy to sell it and the required longer studs to anyone who would like to try it for $50 plus shipping.

2013 EX-L 6-6 coupe,
Illuminated Door Sills
HID Headlights
Stainless Pedal Set
Sport Horns
Leather Shift Boot
Shortened shift throw
Leather TL Shift Knob
TL 20mm Rear Sway Bar
Glove Box Light
Auto Dimming Compass Mirror
UR underdrive crank pulley
RV6 Precat Deletes
Vibrant Performance Ultra Quiet Resonators
XLR8 '09 TL J-Pipe
Takeda Cat Back Exhaust
Takeda Intake
P2R Throttle Body Spacer
Ported Polished Runners
Ktuner End User package
SSR Type C Wheels
The Following User Says Thank You to ffearless For This Useful Post:
newtohonda (11-12-2014)
post #12 of 20 Old 11-14-2014, 09:01 PM
No Traction

I finished installing mine. No instructions. No torque specs on the bolts...I found online anywhere from 16-19 ft/lbs. I guessed at 19. Hopefully that wont crack the magnesium intake manifold. Only hand tight on the top aluminum cover. I may replace some of the hoses soon as they are stretched more than I like.

Other than the torque specs, the only thing I was leery about was the alignment/machining of the gasket-to-spacer/intake port holes. By eye they were fairly close. I'm hoping the bolts centered them up even closer. There was also a fair amount of play(side to side) with the intake manifold before the bolts were torqued down.. may not matter that much.

It was a very simple install. Just a few hand tools needed. I bet I could do this all over again in about 30-40 minutes. Make sure the - batt. terminal is off during this.

I started the car and let it run a minute in the garage. It's too cold and the car's too loud to take out this late. I'll be driving it to work in the morning. We'll see how it goes.

'14 MSM 6-6 Coupe
Dyno/exhaust vid:

post #13 of 20 Old 11-14-2014, 09:42 PM
jeb
Black 2015 EX-L V6 Sedan

As a guy who's never used these... do they work?

Now I'm really not trying to be a d!!k here but, does someone have the dyno results to back this up instead of "oh yeah I put it on and I feel more torque".

Forgive my skepticism, I'm trying to keep as an open mind as possible here, but don't you think if Honda and their super smart engineers could have got more power out of the engine with something as a small as a piece of metal between the throttle body and the intake, they would have?
The Following User Says Thank You to jeb For This Useful Post:
ThatsABigOne (11-15-2014)
post #14 of 20 Old 11-14-2014, 10:51 PM
No Traction

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb View Post
As a guy who's never used these... do they work?

Now I'm really not trying to be a d!!k here but, does someone have the dyno results to back this up instead of "oh yeah I put it on and I feel more torque".

Forgive my skepticism, I'm trying to keep as an open mind as possible here, but don't you think if Honda and their super smart engineers could have got more power out of the engine with something as a small as a piece of metal between the throttle body and the intake, they would have?
I know they worked on my last car(dyno proven). I took a chance with this one because it was a fraction of the cost.

You will not gain power with these. It more or less broadens the torque curve

'14 MSM 6-6 Coupe
Dyno/exhaust vid:

post #15 of 20 Old 11-15-2014, 12:33 AM
jeb
Black 2015 EX-L V6 Sedan

So, broadens the torque curve, no power gains, I call snake oil.

These things have no proof. They're all theory. Show me the proof. I'd bet you ruin your torque curve with these. Prove me wrong. That's all I ask.

I really wish a little metal disc would do as much as you and this sponsor claim on such a modern engine.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.